News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

What the fuck do I do with this?

Started by LMNO, January 06, 2011, 01:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Sepia on March 09, 2011, 11:18:56 PM
If you still have the port, reduce it to 1/3, buy a block of cheap stilton, break it into chunks, put it in a box, add the port and some bay leaves and one star anise pod. Let sit cold and eat it with a spoon.

...I think that's pretty similar to what my dad was telling me my mom wanted to do with HIS port...sounds good, actuallly.

Sepia

It's very nice. Add some crackers with caraway seeds, a little spinach tossed in oil and you have a dish
Everyone will always be too late

Dysfunctional Cunt

Kai

I dissagree with those in this thread that say alcoholic beverages taste like crap. I no longer drink, and if I could buy a good NA stout or some NA wine, I would. Love a chewy stout, but they are so high in ABV.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

Non alcoholic stouts or wines would not, by definition, be included in the "alcoholic drinks taste crappy we've just trained ourselves to like them" debate. And you can buy both of those things, BTW. I'm pretty sure that Clausthaler makes an NA stout and there is an NA wine called "Fre", though it's terrible. You'd be better off just adding a splash of vinegar to some grape juice.

Thing is, if you had never in your life enjoyed any alcoholic beverages, would you still have a hankering for either of those things?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

what's wrong with learning to enjoy new things that you didn't enjoy before?

cause following that reasoning you're just allowed to enjoy warm clothing, shelter, basic food, water, health and sex.

at least, I think that's pretty much the list of stuff that people instinctively enjoy and yearn for even if they never experienced it before.

maybe with the exception of food, water and health.

cause you can't say "you wouldn't be hankering for food if you had never had anything to eat before in your life", cause they'd be dead.

so therefore nobody is allowed to enjoy any kind of food ever.

QED

but don't listen to ECH he doesn't like Grolsch, what does he know about food, anyway?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

I never said that there was anything wrong with it. In fact, I heartily endorse it. Just making an observation, that's all.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"