News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

What the fuck do I do with this?

Started by LMNO, January 06, 2011, 01:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Some wines I've had, maybe once in a while with certain foods.  But yeah, if I'm honest...

LMNO

Quote from: East Coast Hipster on January 07, 2011, 08:05:33 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 07, 2011, 07:29:35 PM
Well, yeah.  But.  I'm afraid that I don't really want to drink "just" to get drunk anymore.  I kind of want a pleasant experience.  Or at least an experience that isn't close to choking down fortified flat Welchs' grape soda.

if getting drunk in and of itself is no longer a pleasant experience, why drink at all? I mean, let's not delude ourselves, the reality is that pretty much all booze tastes like crap and we wouldn't drink ANY of it "for the taste" if it contained no alcohol.

Your statement and my statement are in conflict.  Please read my statement again and answer in a more appropriate manner.

Jasper

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 07, 2011, 08:10:14 PM
Well, yeah.  But.  I'm afraid that I don't really want to drink "just" to get drunk anymore.  I kind of want a pleasant experience.  Or at least an experience that isn't close to choking down fortified flat Welchs' grape soda.

if getting drunk in and of itself is no longer a pleasant experience, why drink at all? I mean, let's not delude ourselves, the reality is that pretty much all booze tastes like crap and we wouldn't drink ANY of it "for the taste" if it contained no alcohol.

Your statement and my statement are in conflict.  Please read my statement again and answer in a more appropriate manner.

apologies, dear chap. And you are quite right, Muffy and I dearly love a dram of good scotch before the canape course, and grand marnier is the only apertif one ever needs.
\
:judge:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, yeah.  But.  I'm afraid that I don't really want to drink "just" to get drunk anymore.  I kind of want a pleasant experience.  Or at least an experience that isn't close to choking down fortified flat Welchs' grape soda.

Getting drunk is no longer fun for me. Tipsy is fun. More than three-four drinks and I get headachy and a little nauseous, like a pre-hangover announcing the hangover to come... and so, I personally prefer to make every drink something I enjoy the act of drinking. This is why I still have a quantity of mediocre Scotch in my kitchen... I'd rather drink no alcohol than one I dislike.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Dammit, my mom had a port-requiring recipe for which she was going to use the 25-year old bottle my dad unearthed from the stash of shit she managed to stockpile willy-nilly when he went in the clink.  My dad of course said FUCK NAW and just decanted it to get the chewy bits out.

Will ask the mothertypeunit what the fuck it was she was going to make before dad usurped the use of his own (while probably ill-begotten but still HIS) goods.

Also, I LURV ECH's recipe and will be making suchlike if I can get my hands on the ingredients.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on January 09, 2011, 07:51:48 PM
Well, yeah.  But.  I'm afraid that I don't really want to drink "just" to get drunk anymore.  I kind of want a pleasant experience.  Or at least an experience that isn't close to choking down fortified flat Welchs' grape soda.

Getting drunk is no longer fun for me. Tipsy is fun. More than three-four drinks and I get headachy and a little nauseous, like a pre-hangover announcing the hangover to come... and so, I personally prefer to make every drink something I enjoy the act of drinking. This is why I still have a quantity of mediocre Scotch in my kitchen... I'd rather drink no alcohol than one I dislike.

Now we're splitting hairs. You call it "tipsy" I call it "less drunk". Still intoxicated from alcohol regardless of what you call it. My point was that we've only taught ourselves to enjoy the taste of alcohol to ANY degree because of what it does to/for us. I don't think there is an alcoholic drink in existence that would be widely enjoyed for its taste if it contained no alcohol whatsoever.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Slyph

East Coast Hustle

Hell yeah. RoboPort. If there's anything more ghetto than that, I can't think of it.

East Coast Hustle

I had some cheap port a while back and made a "classier" version of the Classy Lady (Wild Irish Rose and Coca Cola mixed 50/50) with it. It was pretty "good".

Triple Zero

Wait I remember, mix it with IRN BRU !!!! :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Triple Zero

It's called "Iron Cock", that is, if the port is named "something cock or other". Payne made one for me. It's interesting. I can't really remember, but it wasn't awful or anything.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 23, 2011, 10:58:06 PM
It's called "Iron Cock", that is, if the port is named "something cock or other". Payne made one for me. It's interesting. I can't really remember, but it wasn't awful or anything.

best done outside in the irn bru bottle.

Sepia

If you still have the port, reduce it to 1/3, buy a block of cheap stilton, break it into chunks, put it in a box, add the port and some bay leaves and one star anise pod. Let sit cold and eat it with a spoon.
Everyone will always be too late