News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Facebook group

Started by Adios, January 12, 2011, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on January 20, 2011, 10:16:22 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 20, 2011, 01:54:29 AM
Quote from: Faust on January 20, 2011, 01:12:05 AM
Quote from: Telarus on January 19, 2011, 11:27:58 PM
Best reason I've had all year for ditching FB once Diaspora is up and running.

I managed to cull the Name Change Notifications (but they certainly buried that option).

1. Log in to FB

2. Click on Account > Account Settings

3. Click on the Notifications tab

4. Scroll down to Groups and Uncheck whatever you don't want

5. You're Welcome
You can stop emails and most notifications but you still get one when someone changes the name of the group, I can't find a way to turn it off. Facebook it stupid.

It's in your main settings menu.
I don't think it is, It not under notifications anyway, I have all email notifications off. Maybe if I hid the group from my newsfeed it would stop them, yeah that should do it.

When they changed groups they turned group notifications on.

Account>Account settings>Notifications

Scroll down to "groups". The first item listed under "groups" is "changes the name of one of your groups". Uncheck it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Yes, that is off and has been off for some time, it only controls email. Not the facebook page notifications.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Adios

.......how is he still alive?

hooplala

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 07:03:30 PM
.......how is he still alive?

Proof that God exists, and hates our fucking guts.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Who is it?  Ex-post, please, for those of us behind the nannywall.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 07:46:24 PM

AKK

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 07:47:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 07:46:24 PM

AKK

HOLY FUCK!   :lulz:  FRIEND SUGGEST HIM TO ME ON FACEBOOK!  HNARK!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

So... I've seen the name batted around. But I don't have context. So who is AKK and why should I hate him? Links are acceptable answers.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 20, 2011, 07:57:33 PM
So... I've seen the name batted around. But I don't have context. So who is AKK and why should I hate him? Links are acceptable answers.

He was the very first person on PD that I told to fuck off.

Cramulus

Phox

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on March 28, 2007, 07:57:34 AM
I'll start by saying I read your article but I didn't want to post this there for fear derailing the thread and turning it into another flame fest, losing the point of the article and focus of the thread utterly...

... in response to the quote...

I suppose, but I'm not the kinda guy who wants to blend in, be weird or even fuck with the machine.  The machine fucks with itself.  The machine will continue regardless of how it is fucked with(assuming your talking about the machine as proposed in some of the old threads).

Instead I take a more pragmattic view by asking:  What is it that I want to achieve?  How can I get there?

By taking responsibility for my existence and not blaming it on someone else, god or even the holy fucking machine (tm) I find I have more time to achieve what I set out to do. 

And that's not advice, that's just what work for me. 

I don't pretend to know what works for you, or anyone else, as I recognize that everyone is best qualified to find the solutions themselves and if they really want advice (from me or anyone) then they'll ask for it.

In this respect I post my thoughts and opinions not to say that what I think is right and everyone should follow my way, but to say it's what I think and hopefully meet a few people that jived with that.

Currently I'm reassessing how much effort I should bother with doing so because although I have yet to be rattled by anyone's remarks, I'm just starting to think is a bad investment of time to attempt to communicate here if people are going to close off from it and read what they want to versus what I'm posting.

(That's just how it looks to me, which seems supremely hippocritical.  Not that I mind)

That's my pragmattic side speaking.  I still hope eventually people will just lay off and accept me for who I say I am, trade some information, mutually inspire and have a few laughs, but if not, oh well, fuck it.

Take a minuete, breathe deep and realize I'm not here to attack anyone's bullshit that they wrap themselves in. 

I mean that in the kindest possible way.
All I needed to know.  :whack:

Adios

We haven't had a decent troll here since Dead Kennedy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 09:30:21 PM
We haven't had a decent troll here since Dead Kennedy.

Poptard.  He is arguably the most obsessed, batshit-insane troll we've ever had.