I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

The Fucking Secret

Started by navkat, February 06, 2011, 08:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 11, 2011, 05:18:18 PM
Back up a second.

I just realized you said that you simply walk into traffic, regardless of the lights, signals, traffic patterns, or crosswalks.

I fucking hate people like you.  You make people's lives quantifiably worse with you narcissistic oblivious solipsism.

Fuck you.

I hope he walks in front of a drunk, one day.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ob_Portu on February 11, 2011, 05:20:28 PM
yeah..totally and while we are at it, why go to the moon either?

its cold up there!

You're a cunt.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Ob_Portu

well 99 times out of a hundred these days there is a gap, if not I walk fast.

thank you
I'm not crazy, I'm perturbed.

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 11, 2011, 05:18:18 PM
Back up a second.

I just realized you said that you simply walk into traffic, regardless of the lights, signals, traffic patterns, or crosswalks.

I fucking hate people like you.  You make people's lives quantifiably worse with you narcissistic oblivious solipsism.

Fuck you.

Nevermind solipsism.

The assholes that do this just scare the hell out of me.  Then there's the inevitable internal debate.  "If you accelerate, you do the world a service.  But, then you get rewarded with free room and board, but a somewhat smaller apartment missing a usable door..."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2011, 03:25:00 PM
Quote from: Gray Jester on February 11, 2011, 01:43:19 PM
Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2011, 01:36:04 PM
Nah, the random number thing is slightly different. There is no true random number generator, they all approach predictability at a certain point.

I raise you any random number generator based on radioactive decay.  Impossible to predict (just possible to model in the macro-scale), and very easy to measure.
Impossible to measure then, so its an impossible random number generator.
They thought they had it last year, when they seeded the generator with white noise from loads of different sensors around the world, but on a long enough time frame it becomes periodic, and thus predictable.

Not supporting the Secret nonsense or the microbulshitness. However, we do have the ability to generate real random through a number of different physical hardware solutions.

Also, I support more people walking into traffic. It's The Secret to curbing overpopulation.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Ob_Portu on February 11, 2011, 05:20:28 PM
yeah..totally and while we are at it, why go to the moon either?

its cold up there!

To stick it to the Russkiys.

Quote from: Ob_Portu on February 11, 2011, 05:22:10 PM
well 99 times out of a hundred these days there is a gap, if not I walk fast.

thank you

This is just aggressive pedestrianism, as evidenced by occasionally needing to speed up.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

Suggested reading for Ob Portu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Your claim is that you can manipulate traffic with your will. In order to know if you actually can, you need to compare your success at this task against a control. Like somebody else who tries to cross in the same conditions. Do you think the drivers are responding to your will, and not to the presence of a pedestrian? I am worried that you are actually maladapting yourself to your environment.by relying on a heuristic based on self-confirmation.

Ob_Portu

i can cross the street faster than you and I aint scared.

the is no such thing as "the same conditions"

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on February 11, 2011, 05:27:09 PM
Suggested reading for Ob Portu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Your claim is that you can manipulate traffic with your will. In order to know if you actually can, you need to compare your success at this task against a control. Like somebody else who tries to cross in the same conditions. Do you think the drivers are responding to your will, and not to the presence of a pedestrian? I am worried that you are actually maladapting yourself to your environment.by relying on a heuristic based on self-confirmation.

I'm not worried... I'm gonna find out where Ob Portu is located and start selling tickets at streets nearby! Guaranteed Miracles, or at least guaranteed carnage... people will pay for that shit!

Praise Bob!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ob_Portu on February 11, 2011, 05:30:32 PM
i can cross the street faster than you and I aint scared.

:flush:

Cramulus

Quote from: Ob_Portu on February 11, 2011, 05:30:32 PM

I hear what you're saying, but it sounds like an excuse to not critically examine yourself.

Honestly, I can sympathize. I used to operate in a reality tunnel in which Will was the most powerful force on the planet, and it was capable of actually shaping the external world, even independent of other actions. It took me years to realize I was shaping my perceptions, not the universe.

Ob_Portu

I am  critical of myself.

but i hear what you're saying

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Ob_Portu on February 11, 2011, 05:50:18 PM

This is easy to say, and easier to think.  But there's no end to the process.

Remember - an asshole is simply when someone has stopped being self-critical.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Captain Utopia on February 11, 2011, 05:55:01 PM
Quote from: Ob_Portu on February 11, 2011, 05:50:18 PM

This is easy to say, and easier to think.  But there's no end to the process.

Remember - an asshole is simply when someone has stopped being self-critical.

No, you can do both.

TGRR,
Has first-hand experience.

LMNO

If you're so self-critical, then imagine what it feels like to be driving down the road when some insufferable shitneck steps into the fucking street in front of your car without warning.