News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

OkCupid: A Guy's Perspective

Started by saturnine, March 03, 2011, 08:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 05, 2011, 04:16:50 PM
Quote from: Sister Fracture on March 05, 2011, 02:45:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2011, 12:33:00 AM
Quote from: saturnine on March 05, 2011, 12:21:39 AM
Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on March 04, 2011, 11:53:18 PM
Okay, I'll bite. If you're such a studly bi dude into gender equality, why the hell wasn't your op addressing men as well? Why just women?

Because the dynamic I mentioned in the O.P. is all but nonexistent in male-male online dating.

I'm sick of playing whack-a-mole and addressing the thousand concerns and misrepresentations that have emerged in this thread. So I'm throwing the towel in on this one. Thanks for the help everyone. Goodnight.

There is one thing I think you don't know about OKC.

Well, he probably won't be coming back, but I want to know.

Dammit, Fracture, our abrasive awfulness has chased off another quality contributor.

:lulz:

Well, on the off chance he comes back to check on his thread, someone ought to tell him about the "club rope" rule that OKC has had for 6 months or so now.  The hot people get moved by the moderators into a separate area, where they can socialize without the ugly people/geeks interfering.  It's not talked about much, but it certainly explains why OKC is doing better than ever financially, while at the same time seeming to be a wasteland.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Well, that may explain my popularity there. I'm the best-looking guy who didn't make the cut. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Don Coyote

Okay, I'll bite. If you're such a studly bi dude into gender equality, why the hell wasn't your op addressing men as well? Why just women?

Because the dynamic I mentioned in the O.P. is all but nonexistent in male-male online dating.

I'm sick of playing whack-a-mole and addressing the thousand concerns and misrepresentations that have emerged in this thread. So I'm throwing the towel in on this one. Thanks for the help everyone. Goodnight.

Dammit, Fracture, our abrasive awfulness has chased off another quality contributor.

newsfeed? :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on March 05, 2011, 06:18:39 PM

Done.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2011, 06:28:19 PM
Quote from: Canis latrans eques on March 05, 2011, 06:18:39 PM

Done.

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

East Coast Hustle

OK, so I posted this on my OKC profile a couple days ago:

QuotePORTLAND LADIES: Do NOT message me if you're just another typical Portland douchenozzle. No, I really don't care about vegan activism, social justice for Tibet, $2 PBRs at happy hour or any of that crap. I think people who ride tall bikes should all die of neck cancer, as should people who ride regular bikes but choose to do so on 39th or Hawthorne when this whole city is crossed with dedicated bike routes that avoid major arterial streets. Stoned hippies who drive 10mph under the speed limit (read: everyone in PDX) fill me with an unreasonable rage. Last but not least, your "vintage" engineer cap doesn't make you look steampunk, but why would you want it to? Let's face it, steampunk is just "goth for grownups".

and I've been getting so many hits since that if I wait a few minutes and refresh my home page, the list of recent visitors to my profile has turned over entirely.

I think I've gone viral. :lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 06, 2011, 09:31:03 AM

QuotePORTLAND LADIES: Do NOT message me if you're just another typical Portland douchenozzle. No, I really don't care about vegan activism, social justice for Tibet, $2 PBRs at happy hour or any of that crap. I think people who ride tall bikes should all die of neck cancer, as should people who ride regular bikes but choose to do so on 39th or Hawthorne when this whole city is crossed with dedicated bike routes that avoid major arterial streets. Stoned hippies who drive 10mph under the speed limit (read: everyone in PDX) fill me with an unreasonable rage. Last but not least, your "vintage" engineer cap doesn't make you look steampunk, but why would you want it to? Let's face it, steampunk is just "goth for grownups".

and I've been getting so many hits since that if I wait a few minutes and refresh my home page, the list of recent visitors to my profile has turned over entirely.

I love it!!!

Don Coyote

You are a god amongst men.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 05, 2011, 05:43:13 PM

Well, on the off chance he comes back to check on his thread, someone ought to tell him about the "club rope" rule that OKC has had for 6 months or so now.  The hot people get moved by the moderators into a separate area, where they can socialize without the ugly people/geeks interfering.  It's not talked about much, but it certainly explains why OKC is doing better than ever financially, while at the same time seeming to be a wasteland.

Uh, I may have been put in that.  I remember getting some kind of email about my looks rating being in x percentile and popularity and being matched with similarly attractive people or something.  I wasn't paying much attention, and probably deleted it.

Makes no difference though.  Everyone I'm matched with is still uninteresting and an English major/Labour Party activist.  Or they're actually in Paris or something.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 06, 2011, 09:31:03 AMOK, so I posted this on my OKC profile a couple days ago:

Steampunk is when goths discover the colour brown.

QuoteI think I've gone viral. :lulz:

You're like a fucking Human Pimpilloma Virus.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: saturnine on March 04, 2011, 02:17:31 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 12:43:25 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 04, 2011, 12:22:30 AM
I'D BE GETTING SO MUCH TRIM IF IT WEREN'T FOR ALL OF THOSE SUCCESSFUL, WITTY, ATTRACTIVE MEN OUT THERE!
\
:lord:

STOP BEING SO FASCIST, YOU RUNNING DOG LACKEY OF THE PATRIARCHY!

Ooh, wait, wait! Let's review! You like reviews, right? I learned this one from you.

When confronted with a nuanced situation, you reduced it to an absurd generalization so you could make pithy comments. They only had to be marginally related to the topic at hand because the point was never discussion, it was growing your e-peen. So then I confronted the fallacies in your logic, and pointed out your posturing, which seems to have actually made you a little angry! So then you said you were leaving the thread. And here's the best part: you couldn't! Because you just had to keep that little pithy little anti-intellectual streak going. Now who's ego is involved?

I fucking see you. I see what you're doing, you piece of shit. What does it say about your site, that one of the admins is a Greyfaced piece of shit? Shouldn't you be on 4Chan?

Welcome back, asshole!  :wave:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is fucking BEAUTIFUL!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: How the hell did I not notice this thread?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."