News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Admittedly, if he wins it will be amusing to watch him implement that strategy writ large on the American economy.

WELCOME TO AMERICA. NOW WITH 300% MORE BELARUS.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 02, 2011, 10:27:54 PM
Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on November 02, 2011, 08:47:58 PM
From what I understand, Godfather's was in serious trouble when he started, and he kept the company alive and returned it to profitability.  I got my information from here: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jun/10/herman-cain/herman-cain-godfathers-pizza-turn-around/

QuoteA thorough review of business records and interviews with executives who worked with Cain show that the chain was widely considered troubled when he arrived. It's a slight exaggeration to say it was supposed to go bankrupt. But from all accounts, Cain's performance as CEO is widely considered a success. So we rate this statement Mostly True.

Luna, at your link I see total revenues going down, but sales per store going up.  From what I understand, part of how he restored profitability was by closing unprofitable locations, which that chart seems to confirm.

Easy to do when you close down 75% of your stores, refuse to pay overtime or give merit raises, try to squeeze 70-80 hours a week out of your salaried employees (who are told their salary is based on 45 hours a week), hire illegal immigrants for below minimum wage (and don't give "raises" to your employees who make minimum wage when the minimum wage goes up), refuse to pay for repairs and necessary safety-related upgrades to equipment, etc. Anyone can bestow the appearance of a return to profitability upon a business that was already floundering by cutting tons of corners and screwing over everyone who works for you, but it only works in the short-term, and only on paper. Like I said, how many Godfather's Pizzas are in YOUR neighborhood? And how many people do you know who work at one?
Thanks for the perspective.  I only know what I read.

There are none in my neighborhood, because mine was one of the ones he closed, which sucked because it was the best pizza place in town at the time.  That's not saying much, though, because the only other pizza place we had back then was Pizza Hut.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Hey guys, guess what?  No matter who wins the race, they're going to be a shill, in up to the eyeballs with all the worst examples of investment banking, the energy industry and the arms trade.

Just like every other Republican leader since Eisenhower's time.  Not that I'm saying the outcome is predictable or anything, but, well, it is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2011, 08:01:35 PM
Hey guys, guess what?  No matter who wins the race, they're going to be a shill, in up to the eyeballs with all the worst examples of investment banking, the energy industry and the arms trade.

Just like every other Republican leader since Eisenhower's time.  Not that I'm saying the outcome is predictable or anything, but, well, it is.

That's why I want the funniest one to win.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2011, 08:01:35 PM

Will I still get to make fun of Hank Williams Jr?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Fun fact I have discovered.

Teabaggers believe the sexual harassment claims against Herman Cain aren't true and are just a big smear campaign, but if you refer to this smear campaign as "swiftboating", they get apoplectic about it.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Precious Moments Zalgo

B-b-but, that's completely different.  The things the swift boat veterans said about Kerry were all true.  Jerome Corsi wrote a book and everything!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on November 08, 2011, 02:36:06 AM
Fun fact I have discovered.

Teabaggers believe the sexual harassment claims against Herman Cain aren't true and are just a big smear campaign, but if you refer to this smear campaign as "swiftboating", they get apoplectic about it.

Ooooooh!  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Precious Moments Zalgo

lawl

Quote from: random teabaggerI wish all would stop using the word 'swiftboat' when speaking of Herman,. THERE IS NO DAMN COMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO...... Kerry was a lying, backstabbing, traitor....FACT..... yeller kerry........bandaid kerry.........kicked out of the navy kerry..... but that is the past, why are people bringing it up now......... especially when it has NO bearing on today and Herman Cain?????

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Cramulus

Mike Tyson doing an impression of Herman Cain

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4ecfd3a85f/herman-cains-campaign-promises-with-mike-tyson

my favorite meme so far in this electoral cycle is the Herman Cain "Slow Smile"... A slow smile contest is way harder than a regular staring contest. Try it with your friends!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."