News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

CRAMULUS

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, March 23, 2011, 11:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I also feel the need to say that I liked it when Cram was around, although he probably won't be back any time soon, with reception he got.

That guy brought A LOT of good content to the board. I don't care what you say, I'm going to miss him.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 09, 2011, 05:57:10 PM
WOW

Quote from: Cramnah I just got bored

made some shifts in my priorities and routine. Catapulted myself into a new head space and didn't look back. 

something something black iron prison

Quote from: RogerAND WE'RE ALL BORING!  YAY!

Quote from: CramI got bored. I wasn't having fun here.

You can treat that like a personal attack if you want, but it's not about you.

Quote from: ECHYeah, we'll try to be less boring from now on.

Quote from: RogerAnd I shall try to be less Roger, as "Discordia would be better off without Roger", as is well known.

Quote from: RogerOh, I wasn't talking about when you left PD.  I was talking about another conversation entirely.  Actually, a couple of conversations.

Susan,
Hears things, sees screenshots, etc.

You know how fucking creepy that is???

Fuck, it's like the cult of Scientology here. So Cramulus leaves because he got different priorities and got bored with this board. Rog, Khara and ECH takes this VERY personal, despite it's his fucking own choice, regardless of how many great wonderful and interesting threads we produce here.

And to top it off, apparently Roger is keeping tabs on what Cramulus says to people not on PD via screenshots (WTF?!?!!)... WOw. That is not okay. Especially since I'm 100% sure that Cramulus does NOT believe "Discordia is better off without Roger", but Roger just told us, here, that he does.

This is really not good. Really really bad. I'm seriously going to have to think about being involved in this because this just changed from a fun place to hang out into a creepy fucking cult. And I've been here for years. And so has Cramulus.

And now I just don't know, if I were ever to leave here, whether I'm going to be kept tabs on, screenshotted and informed on, then twisted my words to make it look like I was shittalking about people here. Fuck.

Well that's what it seems like to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, and you all are saying "ah but no that's not why I'm pissed" then I wonder wtf Cram did to all of you, cause right now it sure as fuck seems like you're just jumping on his ass for leaving. And not in a nice "we miss your input" kind of way.

I hate to say it, but I think 000 has a point. If someone can't flip out or just get bored and leave, maybe even with a "fuck all you guys", without being turned into a public enemy and having their conversations scrutinized for criticism, this isn't Discordia, this is a cult of personality.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and I told him the same thing I've been telling you; when you try to CONTROL people's behavior and the content they post, you lose. His problem with the board was that the board wasn't behaving the way he wanted it to. I had the same problem. I am realizing that the board will NEVER be what I want it to be, AND IT WON'T EVER BE EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE, EITHER.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Gonna have to jump in with Nigel and TripZip here.

I do my best to keep my nose out of shit like this because it's always gotten me burned in the past, and nearly always made things worse rather than better, but Cram has stuck up for me more than once on the board and since he's an IRL friend of mine, I kind of have to ask wtf he did to deserve being treated like a traitor.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 09, 2011, 06:35:47 PM
I also feel the need to say that I liked it when Cram was around, although he probably won't be back any time soon, with reception he got.

That guy brought A LOT of good content to the board. I don't care what you say, I'm going to miss him.

Me too.  He was creative and positive in a way that is fairly abnormal for the board.  I'd say you're the only other regular poster who approaches things in anything like that way.  He wasn't all "The world sucks, hate hate, this is awful that is awful rawr"  Not that that approach isn't perfectly valid, there's plenty of awful and I tend to contribute (when I do) from roughly that approach myself.  But having more positive posters around as a balance to that is really nice and losing one of the more eloquent and prolific ones is a shame.

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

I guess everyone just forgot about the week of mouth-frothing he spewed all over the place before he "flounced" (by which I mean "lurked under alternate accounts for a few weeks").

I can't speak for Roger or whatever his beef is or what he's talking about with screenshots and shit, but I thought Cram acted like a major asshole before he ran off, and he took his assholishness about PD to unrelated venues like Facebook and 23ae (much of which was pretty clearly directed at Roger, so I don't blame him for feeling the way he does), as though he were some sort of internet paladin fighting the good fight against the bad people here. I mean, whatever, he's always welcome here. He's a long-standing member of this community, and a frequently prolific contributor. That doesn't mean he gets a license to be a first-rate asshole without getting called out on it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Don Coyote

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on April 09, 2011, 08:12:03 PM
I guess everyone just forgot about the week of mouth-frothing he spewed all over the place before he "flounced" (by which I mean "lurked under alternate accounts for a few weeks").

I can't speak for Roger or whatever his beef is or what he's talking about with screenshots and shit, but I thought Cram acted like a major asshole before he ran off, and he took his assholishness about PD to unrelated venues like Facebook and 23ae (much of which was pretty clearly directed at Roger, so I don't blame him for feeling the way he does), as though he were some sort of internet paladin fighting the good fight against the bad people here. I mean, whatever, he's always welcome here. He's a long-standing member of this community, and a frequently prolific contributor. That doesn't mean he gets a license to be a first-rate asshole without getting called out on it.

So I didn't hallucinate all of that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I didn't forget about it, I missed it, because I had quietly flounced a couple weeks prior. So, if he had some delusional stream of invective and condemnation going on that I missed, it's because I wasn't here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If he was shit-talking Roger all over the place, then I certainly can't hold it against Roger for holding a grudge.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I read 23AE and I am friends with Cram on Facebook and I don't see a single thing about PD.com that is negative in either location (I just went and looked again in case I had missed something)... Well, he did make one post about how it had been a month since he posted, but that was all. If he was saying stuff in IM's to his Facebook friends, I'm not sure how thats tanking "his assholishness about PD to unrelated venues".

As for his behavior here before he left? After the firefights, shitstorms, uberflounces and knock down drag out Thunderdome-style exits I've seen... he was pretty mild by comparison.

Still, even if he did pitch a fit and skulk for a month, haven't most of us?

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Faust

Quote from: Nigel on April 09, 2011, 08:15:28 PM
If he was shit-talking Roger all over the place, then I certainly can't hold it against Roger for holding a grudge.
Wrong person. It was CU and that has been resolved.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

East Coast Hustle

I was pretty sure I remembered Cram making a post in the Discordian Facebook group, but I'll accept that I could be wrong and/or have gotten my beefs mixed up.

Even without that point, I stand by the rest of my post.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on April 09, 2011, 08:13:56 PM

I didn't forget about it, I missed it, because I had quietly flounced a couple weeks prior. So, if he had some delusional stream of invective and condemnation going on that I missed, it's because I wasn't here.

I missed it too, and I didn't flounce.

I did notice that he and Roger had a bunch of heated arguments before he left, but that's between Roger and him (similar arguments about stuff on PD they disagreed on before). However that's no reason to take it that personal when someone decides to leave PD because he got different priorities in his life. Nor does being bored with PD equate to "we're all boring".

Especially since (according to ECH) he's been lurking anyhow, so we must have been interesting enough to read, but gotten bored with putting his own energy in that. Nothing wrong with lurking.

Now I can understand that if Rog and he were having a fight just before he left, and if that didn't get resolved, then Roger doesn't need to be nice to him, of course. And if that was just that, I would have stayed out of it, just like I had stayed out of their argument earlier.

But he didn't just take a dump on Cramulus, instead he painted him like a traitor to whole PD, like he'd been discrediting everybody, campaigning behind all our backs, like some sort of third-rate troll (we all know the type). That's not the Cramulus I know, and I don't believe it for a second. And then suddenly I felt this chill down my spine, what if I would want to leave PD one day, while I'd have some unresolved tension with people, and I'd stay in touch with others via IRC or wherever, would I get the same treatment? Cause I didn't sign up for that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

I think this was stated about 5 times already, but this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Cram leaving PD. Everyone's free to come and go, even if nobody can ever leave.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 09, 2011, 08:53:43 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 09, 2011, 08:15:28 PM
Wrong person. It was CU and that has been resolved.

THAT, I remember.