News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

OSAMA BIN LADEN CONFIRMED DEAD.

Started by Suu, May 02, 2011, 03:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I just figured he was chillin' in Texas the whole time, myself.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Elder Iptuous

So...
no  body for anyone to see, huh?
buried at sea? huh....
:|

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2011, 08:54:44 AM
Ayman al-Zawahiri is not dead.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the real mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, is not dead (and indeed, his current status allows him to continue an assault on the US constitution, given the conditions he was treated to upon his capture would cause a mistrial, unless torture and permament detention were retroactively legalised).

Abu Ayman al-Hilali, the most dangerous strategist in the organisation since al-Suri, remains a virtual ghost, with not even his true nationality knowm.  No-one knows if Abu Ubeid al-Qurashi is even a real person, or some kind of group synonym, but he/they seem to have an implicit understanding of US military tactics and methods, and is an expert on Clausewitz besides.

Yes, Bin Laden is dead, but it comes too little, too late.  Bin Laden in prison would have at least been useful.  With time, and some correctly applied psychological and spiritual pressure, he may have been made to recant his position, as many terrorist leaders have done before now.  And he may have provided insights into methods and identities.  It is surprising how useful these former ideologues can be to their enemies, once removed from the limelight.

Killing him, meanwhile, achieves little.  If it had been done before 2004 or so...maybe it would have had a greater effect.  But Al-Qaeda has been in a franchise mode for a long time now.  AQIM (Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Mahgreb) have virtually no connection to Bin Laden, for example, having been born out of the Algeria conflict and the Iraqi civil war following the American invasion.  Al-Qaeda in Iraq was similarly born out of militants from Saudi Arabia and Jordan doing some border crossing, while Syria dumped its own Islamist radical political prisoners in the country.

Also, US prestige in the region remains in the gutter.  Both militarily, where the US has been bogged down by Koran-repeating mouthbreathers and orphans without shoes, and in terms of how publics there see America (as a supporter of tyrants and enemies of the people...coincidentally, Bin Laden's view).

The Middle East is crawling with terrorists and violence in volumes that were simply unconcievable 10 years ago.  America is still hated, and lots of angry young men are getting a schooling in the arts of bombing, assassination and kidnapping.  A Bin Laden can hardly make the situation any worse, and so, his removal cannot also make things any better.

This success is hollow.  It will secure re-election for a man whose actions help create the conditions in which terrorism will flourish, and nothing more.

Ah, thank you Cain. I needed a good dose of depressing reality.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Suu

Quote from: Iptuous on May 02, 2011, 02:09:32 PM
So...
no  body for anyone to see, huh?
buried at sea? huh....
:|

Yes.

And Death Star II was an inside job.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

This will get Obama re-elected!! Or damn close.  I'M CALLING IT NOW!!!

As for Osama being dead, I'm sorry, no body, it could be anybody they killed.  I don't trust our government to tell us the truth.  Something is fixing to happen and this is the smoke screen to cover it.  If they honestly knew 8 months ago where Osama was, why did it take this long to blow up the place.  You would think with that kind of time they would have done some super sekret mission and grabbed the dude for trial.

The man was on dialysis.  That shit does not happen in caves. 

Both Cain and Jenne have said he was living the high life and this proves it. 

I will admit, I did honestly figure he was here in the US.

LMNO

Ok, hold on a second. What would you have preferred, that they put him in a glass box and tour his corpse around the country?

Even if they waited a week to bury him, would that have changed your mind?  A month?  You never would have personally gotten to see him, and even if you did, you'd have no real way of knowing of that was his body or not, since all you have are old pictures and blurry videos to work with.

In short, what sort of proof are you asking for?  The long form birth death certificate?

Suu

There's pictures. Ugh.

I didn't need to see that early on a Monday morning on Facebook.

Rumckle

I don't think it would be worth the risk to fake killing him, 8 or 9 years ago, maybe, but two days ago, no one really gave a damn about Osama, and him not being caught wouldn't really affect Obama's chances at re-election (unless the Republican nominee single handedly went to Pakistan to kill Osama himself). However, if this is fake, and it gets out that it is fake, there is no way Obama would be re-elected.

Regarding the eight months thing, I would say it is plausible that they killed him 7-8 months ago, and decided to keep it until there is nothing negative Obama could be accused at diverting attention from.

Or perhaps, they were watching him waiting for some other high profile targets to come visit him.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

They said they got LEADS that he was there 8 months ago not that they knew it....its a good thing that they waited until they had more evidence before doing anything. How would Pakistan react if they raided a compound w/o their knowledge  and he WASNT there??
Also, i saw his dead pics too.

Rumckle

According to the BBC the US didn't let Pakistan know the raid was happening until it had already began. Which is understandable, because Pakistani Intelligence hasn't exactly been the most co-operative group in these matters.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 02, 2011, 02:48:40 PM
Ok, hold on a second. What would you have preferred, that they put him in a glass box and tour his corpse around the country?

Even if they waited a week to bury him, would that have changed your mind?  A month?  You never would have personally gotten to see him, and even if you did, you'd have no real way of knowing of that was his body or not, since all you have are old pictures and blurry videos to work with.

In short, what sort of proof are you asking for?  The long form birth death certificate?

Actually.......  it isn't unprecedented to do so.....  but no, I don't need to actually see the body, I just don't believe anything the government says.

I'm sorry that bothers you in some way.  I think, as I said, this is a smoke screen for something else.  

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 02, 2011, 05:12:49 AM
Uh I don't know what Cain will say, but I don't think anything positive will come of this.

The positive part already happened.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on May 02, 2011, 02:42:24 PM
This will get Obama re-elected!! Or damn close.  I'M CALLING IT NOW!!!

Too early.  If this was a stunt, they'd pull it in September or October of 2012.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I'm not 100% sure that what the US Gvt says is the complete truth, sure.  But that kind of thinking can lead you down the road to where literally anything is possible, and nothing can be proved.  For example, Suu just posted that there are pictures.  Of course, the immediate response is "photoshop".

The point being that depending on where you set the bar IRL as to what constitutes "proof", there is literally nothing anyone can do that will ever "prove" Bin Laden was killed.

Hell, you wouldn't even be able to prove he ever existed in the first place.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Also, some muslim customs say the body should be buried within a day. If they kept the body, it would be more fodder for the crazies.

If they have pictures and DNA and no videos of Osama saying "HA HA FOOLED YOU" then I think we can safely say that he's dead.

It won't stop terrorism, it won't destroy AQ... but for fucks sake, this is the asshole that inspired some idiots to change my country forever. Idiots on the plane. Idiot Americans willing to hand everything over to Mommy Government, idiot congress that willingly signed away our rights, idiot americans that expressed their anger and fear by backing Very Bad Foreign Policy ideas...

Also, Fuck Yeah for Obama sending in a couple helicopters full of Navy Death Panels.  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson