News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

HAY PD! CHECK OUT MY WOMAN!

Started by GIGGLES, June 16, 2011, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lies

Quote from: Your Mom on June 19, 2011, 07:51:33 PM
I have to ask because I am sincerely curious: Lys, what made you decide to try meth in the first place? I've always wondered... not so much with the mildly retarded rednecks that I usually see on the stuff, but with a relatively normal intelligent person, what the hell makes anyone say "Meth? Why not!"?

It's a long story. Basically, I started using it when meth was still relatively unknown in Aus. And 90% of the time, I wasn't using meth recreationally, I was using it to work stupidily long hours that I had no choice in.

Since all this shit has been brought up now, I'm thinking I might just start my own thread chronicling my misadventures with meth, if you really care to know. 
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Succulent Plant

I did meth a few times when I was 20.  I'd never had any kind of illegal drug except pot at the time, and a new "friend" was doing it and asked me if I wanted to try some and I said "sure why not, does it make you high like weed?" (yea I was THAT dumb)  I tried it and then kept doing it, and three months later I was thirty pounds lighter (skeletal) and talking to people that only I could see.  Somehow my brain still functioned enough to realize that I needed to stop this shit NOW.  Because when me and this asstard "friend" would go get more from our supplier, I'd see people like the woman in that video.  No fucking way I wanted to go there, I like my teeth and my skin.  And my ability to speak coherent sentences. 

So the point of all my emoting in the paragraph above is: The woman's behavior in the video is consistent with meth addicts I've seen.

Lies

Quote from: Aloe on June 20, 2011, 06:42:11 AM
I did meth a few times when I was 20.  I'd never had any kind of illegal drug except pot at the time, and a new "friend" was doing it and asked me if I wanted to try some and I said "sure why not, does it make you high like weed?" (yea I was THAT dumb)  I tried it and then kept doing it, and three months later I was thirty pounds lighter (skeletal) and talking to people that only I could see.  Somehow my brain still functioned enough to realize that I needed to stop this shit NOW.  Because when me and this asstard "friend" would go get more from our supplier, I'd see people like the woman in that video.  No fucking way I wanted to go there, I like my teeth and my skin.  And my ability to speak coherent sentences. 

So the point of all my emoting in the paragraph above is: The woman's behavior in the video is consistent with meth addicts I've seen.

Fair enough. Mind you, I've never denied that meth fucks you up. I'm just wondering now how much meth you need to do to get *that* fucked up, because, I did more meth than most and over several years, I still have most of my brain cells working at a respectable level.
My teeth on the other hand, are a different story. 80% of my teeth are now fake.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lies on June 20, 2011, 06:46:21 AM
I did meth a few times when I was 20.  I'd never had any kind of illegal drug except pot at the time, and a new "friend" was doing it and asked me if I wanted to try some and I said "sure why not, does it make you high like weed?" (yea I was THAT dumb)  I tried it and then kept doing it, and three months later I was thirty pounds lighter (skeletal) and talking to people that only I could see.  Somehow my brain still functioned enough to realize that I needed to stop this shit NOW.  Because when me and this asstard "friend" would go get more from our supplier, I'd see people like the woman in that video.  No fucking way I wanted to go there, I like my teeth and my skin.  And my ability to speak coherent sentences.  

Fair enough. Mind you, I've never denied that meth fucks you up. I'm just wondering now how much meth you need to do to get *that* fucked up, because, I did more meth than most and over several years, I still have most of my brain cells working at a respectable level.
My teeth on the other hand, are a different story. 80% of my teeth are now fake.

I am guessing she's about 4-5 years in, close to the end of a serious methhead's lifespan. They get like that usually in the last year. You are fucking lucky that you quit before you lost more than your teeth and ability to STFU. (TMI is a pretty consistent pattern with former methheads; that shit breaks the TMI filter.)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Lies

Quote from: Your Mom on June 20, 2011, 07:44:22 AM
I did meth a few times when I was 20.  I'd never had any kind of illegal drug except pot at the time, and a new "friend" was doing it and asked me if I wanted to try some and I said "sure why not, does it make you high like weed?" (yea I was THAT dumb)  I tried it and then kept doing it, and three months later I was thirty pounds lighter (skeletal) and talking to people that only I could see.  Somehow my brain still functioned enough to realize that I needed to stop this shit NOW.  Because when me and this asstard "friend" would go get more from our supplier, I'd see people like the woman in that video.  No fucking way I wanted to go there, I like my teeth and my skin.  And my ability to speak coherent sentences.  

I am guessing she's about 4-5 years in, close to the end of a serious methhead's lifespan. They get like that usually in the last year. You are fucking lucky that you quit before you lost more than your teeth and ability to STFU. (TMI is a pretty consistent pattern with former methheads; that shit breaks the TMI filter.)
Have I been going into TMI? I'm just trying to be as honest as I can here.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Lies on June 20, 2011, 07:52:04 AM

It was brought up. Teeth behind link. Pdcom. I rule ambiguous, but acceptable.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Triple Zero

When was this then, Lys? Your photos say 2009, so it was going on while you were on PD? Damn. THAT'S STUPID (yeah I know you know it is, but I'm saying it anyway)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lies

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 20, 2011, 03:55:10 PM
When was this then, Lys? Your photos say 2009, so it was going on while you were on PD? Damn. THAT'S STUPID (yeah I know you know it is, but I'm saying it anyway)
That's *after* I got off the meth. but yer, mid 2000ish is when all this shit happened.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lies on June 20, 2011, 07:52:04 AM

Not in this thread... and not so much lately, as I think you've been severely smacked down for it more than a few times.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Lies on June 20, 2011, 05:48:09 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on June 18, 2011, 05:43:13 PM
Quote from: Lies on June 18, 2011, 07:57:32 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 18, 2011, 07:03:51 AM
Well, heavy meth use does cause permanent brain and personality damage that severely impairs interpersonal relationships, so that explains a lot. :(

Tweakers don't usually do crack unless for some reason meth is unavailable, because crack is much more expensive and the high is shorter. Tweakers can rarely afford crack because they can hardly get their brains together enough to steal a stereo to sell for $5 for meth, let alone find anything worth the $20 it would cost them to get high on crack for five minutes. Further, crack highs are intense enough that the users are usually incapacitated for the duration of the high, not out and about tweaking like meth addicts... haven't you ever seen anyone on a crack high? I assume not. Behavior when a cracky is down is way, way different from when a tweaker is down... crackies are jumpy and itchy and pleading, tweakers are just fucking weird and scary and flappy and talk way too loudly with an excess of TMI.

Honestly, I think I must be quite lucky to still have my wits and smarts about me considering how much I used.
I have a hundred fucked up tales I could tell of my "meth adventures", that I've been considering chronicling for posterity and a warning for others, it's a side of my past I'd rather forget, and if I could go back and change things, meth is one of the things I would have never gone near had I known back then the things I know now.

A part of me feels dead inside. It's hard to explain. Putting it one way, the first time I got high off meth was the best time. From there, it was all downhill, I could never get that same buzz, but I kept chasing it anyway.
I don't *feel* the same way I used to feel. In some ways, I feel like there's a stranger inside my body now, there's still *me* inside, but there's parts of me that are missing. Summers don't feel the same. Winters smell wrong. Love has lost its original meaning/feeling. Things that used to make me happy are dull and lifeless, having a fun time always feels like it's missing something.
Trying to do extended amounts of work without the energy boost that I used to get from meth, becomes very tiring, very boring, very draining, very fast.

It's true. Meth is a hell of a drug.
And like I said, maybe I'm just in denial about what exactly meth can do. I KNOW it's really bad. I just have a hard time accepting that it's *that woman in the video* bad.
Maybe that could have been me right now if I kept up the stupidity, and maybe I'm trying to separate and distance myself from that idea, and don't want to believe it would have done that to me.

Thing is though, many people who take meth, are usually also poly drug users. I don't know many people who take illegal narcotics that just stick to one (with the probable exception of say, pot smokers and a few others), most of the time, if you take a "hard drug" you'll be curious about all the rest.

I'm pretty sure you're at least mostly full of shit on this one. Dude, I used to be involved in that business. People who have used as much as you say you have are generally unable to string together a complete sentence, let alone log on to the internet and hold a conversation with others.

Unless there's some other drug that Aussies refer to as "meth" (methedrine, maybe?). Because on the subject of methamphetamines, you're just dead wrong about most of what you're saying.
I'm not making anything up here man. And I know the stuff I get is meth-amphetamine. I know what I'm talking about. I know the differences between different drugs. I have testing kits. And I have the photos to prove just how bad my meth use was.
If this doesn't make you think I'm not talking out of my ass, then all I'll say is, you're the one in denial in that case.

NSF ANYONE.
THESE ARE PICS OF MY TEETH SEVERAL YEARS AGO AT THE PEAK OF MY STUPIDITY. NOT PRETTY. DONT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU

http://imageshack.us/f/717/dsc00888of.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/849/dsc00886l.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/90/dsc00887d.jpg/

Do you want more proof that yes, I was a fucking moron and I'm paying for it in spades, so you'll have to forgive me for having a different idea of what meth can do to you considering how long I was fucked up on it?

Fair enough, and I believe you (sure can't think of any reason why you'd lie about it), but I think it's very strange that you did that much meth for that long and never saw other tweekers that displayed behavior like the chick in the video. I generally saw that appear in people after no more than 2 years of fairly constant use, though there are certainly those people that are the exceptions and can go through the stuff like it's going out of style, quit abruptly with no problems, and function at the same level they always did without ever missing the stuff once they're done with it.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

There was tons of meth around where I lived in the 80's and I never even saw people with sores on their faces, it's gotten a lot worse. I'm guessing every now and then some chemical that they use to make it gets banned (like that stops anything) so they change the formula.

It was always bad, yeah, but you didn't see this shit.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

The predominant formula in the 80s for domestically produced meth fell out of favor in the mid 90s as easier and more potent recipes made their way around.

Most 80s meth would have been made using the "nazi" method, which is relatively safe and produces a relatively weak drug.

Nowadays it's all about the red phosphorous and anhydrous ammonia, the chemical leftovers of which can cause some pretty nasty shit for people who use meth that wasn't washed properly after crystallization.

Another likely difference is that snorting was far more common than smoking back then. Most of the people you see who end up with REALLY fucked-up skin are smokers rather than snorters, as smoking produces a "wiggier" high and makes people more likely to, say, pick at a pimple for the next 2 years.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Thanks for clearing that up.

I knew people with arms like Rand-McNally roadmaps back then and they weren't even close to what you see now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 09, 2011, 02:58:05 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.

I knew people with arms like Rand-McNally roadmaps back then and they weren't even close to what you see now.

No. We call them zombies up here, because they walk around like the living dead, skin peeled half off, looking for shit to steal. They don't have the sense left to know the difference between something that's worth anything and garbage, so sometimes they break into your car and steal the tape deck, but leave the ipod in the back seat. It's gross, creepy, and any other epithet you'd hope to use. I used to feel bad about hoping they'd go die under someone's porch ASAP, but then I realized that it's a wish of mercy upon them, and the only cruelty is toward the poor soul whose porch they die under. They are a fucking epidemic.

Anna Mae Bollocks

In a sane world, they'd put the emphasis on coming up with safer drugs.
I don't waste pity on zombies, but somebody knew them before they were like that.
It'd be major suckage to watch that happen.