Main Menu

I Can't Fucking Stand It: Why Dok Should Avoid Reading The News

Started by Doktor Howl, September 14, 2011, 08:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Phox on September 14, 2011, 09:39:09 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 14, 2011, 08:59:58 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on September 14, 2011, 08:48:53 PM
It seems to me that Ron Paul (a man for whom my level of respect varies from sentence to sentence) is perhaps the LEAST fucked up GOP candidate this time around. However, that's not saying much, considering he's still a fucking moron.

Funny, four years ago I figured Romney would be the only worthwhile candidate at this point....

Young and naive maybe?

There has to be something good out there though, right? Right?

What are you smoking?

Not enough, apparently.  :lulz:

ETA: So, what's your take, Hawk? Genuinely curious, here.

Okay, but you won't like it very much. If for even a fleeting second you think any of them are in the Game of Thrones to help you, stop, ram your face into a brick wall until you see the error of your ways. Only then will you realize that really good people are too busy on a local or personal level doing what they can, not at the doorstep of power.

Phox

Quote from: Hawk on September 14, 2011, 11:41:52 PM
It seems to me that Ron Paul (a man for whom my level of respect varies from sentence to sentence) is perhaps the LEAST fucked up GOP candidate this time around. However, that's not saying much, considering he's still a fucking moron.

Funny, four years ago I figured Romney would be the only worthwhile candidate at this point....

Young and naive maybe?

What are you smoking?

Okay, but you won't like it very much. If for even a fleeting second you think any of them are in the Game of Thrones to help you, stop, ram your face into a brick wall until you see the error of your ways. Only then will you realize that really good people are too busy on a local or personal level doing what they can, not at the doorstep of power.

No, no, I completely agree with that. I think the issue is in the semantics. By "worthwhile" I meant from a GOP "win the election" perspective.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Phox on September 14, 2011, 11:47:33 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 14, 2011, 11:41:52 PM

Young and naive maybe?

What are you smoking?

No, no, I completely agree with that. I think the issue is in the semantics. By "worthwhile" I meant from a GOP "win the election" perspective.

My bad, sorry. The GOP is so fragmented right now that it's a crap shoot. The best they can hope for is that the mainstream Republicans shout down the extreme fringe, then the "most reasonable" will stand a chance. The only advantage the Dems have is that they have an incumbent in the White House and even that is on shaky ground.

But on a real gut time crunch I think the GOP has basically destroyed itself by allowing the fringe to even come close to the national stage.

Thurnez Isa

I can see two ways which the GOP can easily lose...
they go completely insane and nominate someone like Bachman... or (more likely in my opinion) some of the more fanatical in the tea party actually split and run a third party candidate.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on September 14, 2011, 11:52:55 PM
they go completely insane and nominate someone like Bachman... or (more likely in my opinion) some of the more fanatical in the tea party actually split and run a third party candidate.

I agree, a split is very possible.

Juana

I would be happy with that, I think. Obama is the devil we know (ETA: and the best we can hope for right now), if nothing else, and if there's a split, he's on solid ground.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

sotesla4

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on September 14, 2011, 11:52:55 PM

It really doesn't matter who does what this coming election cycle, those of us that are more spiteful, fearful, and ignorant have purposefully - it doesn't matter whether it comes from honest intentions or not - have forced some of the most irrelevant and regressive ideals and dialogue right smack into the middle of the public consciousness, a splinter deep in the eyeball of American society that only some sort of appropriately-effective metaphor for excision could ever remove.

ThatGreenGentleman

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 08:17:54 PM
Bachmann thinks HPV vaccinations cause mental retardation, Perry is organizing "prayer warriors", and ALL of the GOP candidates at the debate the other night said that people dying unnecessarily is FUNNY, and one of them will no doubt be the next president.

Could they get any dumber?
       \
:facepalm:

As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on September 15, 2011, 06:26:17 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 08:17:54 PM
Bachmann thinks HPV vaccinations cause mental retardation, Perry is organizing "prayer warriors", and ALL of the GOP candidates at the debate the other night said that people dying unnecessarily is FUNNY, and one of them will no doubt be the next president.

Could they get any dumber?
       \
:facepalm:

Oh, yes.  There is no bottom to the barrel.
Molon Lube

Precious Moments Zalgo

I don't think we've seen anything, yet.  It seems to be accelerating at an accelerating rate.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Luna

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on September 15, 2011, 10:57:25 PM
I don't think we've seen anything, yet.  It seems to be accelerating at an accelerating rate.

Hang on to yer butts, it should be an exciting ride.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Worm Rider

I don't think the problem is being stupid. The problem is being an asshole. That's it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 08:27:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 08:22:00 PM
You did have to post this as I'm trying to finish off my day. 

:argh!:

I just can't understand it, Dok.  Why did the Enlightenment fail?

Because it was only a fad to begin with.  Two million years of beating on log drums vs less than 500 years of progress.  It couldn't fucking last, especially when Europe had the BRILLIANT idea of dumping all the religious nuts in one place, and then letting that place take charge of everything.  It would be like feeding an infant lead every day, and then letting him drive the car when he turned 6.

This whole fucking planet is retarded.  I can't fucking stand it. 

Kind of makes you miss log drums, doesn't it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

NO WAY am I letting these critical thinking skills go down the pooper.  I'm passing them on to the monkey, and I'll make sure he knows how valuable they are.  Shit, I even found a Spongebob coloring book that includes activities that stimulate the part of your brain that draws conclusions and encourages answering ambiguous questions like "Spongebob and Patrick love catching jellyfish!  To catch jellyfish, ____________."  I don't even know what to put there!  It's like, shitfuckdamn, there's a picture right there, what are they even doing man?  What's the ending supposed to be?  OH MY GOD SO EXCITED ABOUT FILL IN THE BLANK FOR LITTLE KIDS.

<---- An official Spaztard.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 08:27:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 08:22:00 PM
You did have to post this as I'm trying to finish off my day. 

:argh!:

I just can't understand it, Dok.  Why did the Enlightenment fail?

Because it was only a fad to begin with.  Two million years of beating on log drums vs less than 500 years of progress.  It couldn't fucking last, especially when Europe had the BRILLIANT idea of dumping all the religious nuts in one place, and then letting that place take charge of everything.  It would be like feeding an infant lead every day, and then letting him drive the car when he turned 6.

This whole fucking planet is retarded.  I can't fucking stand it. 

This. There were like a dozen or so spags during the 1700s who truly believed that consulting our frontal lobes for more than 3 minutes at a time was a virtuous practice, and everyone else just wanted to be invited to the parties.