News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Search function is down and I dont want everyone to be robots anymore.

Started by Penumbral, September 24, 2011, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penumbral

How to I bring back regular avatars? Looked in setting couldn't find anything.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Penumbral on September 24, 2011, 10:03:26 PM
How to I bring back regular avatars? Looked in setting couldn't find anything.

There is some kind of quest. Deep in the meta.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Penumbral

Ah yes. I looked in forum news but not metaforum because I am a fool.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Use Google Advanced Search... there are five smilies you have to click on in a certain amount of time, and they have to each be in a different thread, and you can't use tabs. Search "No more robots".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

Took me a dozen attempts to throw the 'bots, and then I saw that button again. The. Red. One. It took all my (admittedly, lacking in stature) powers of impulse control not to click it again straight away, to see if I would be transformed into the same Robot again. And now, one day at a time, it gets easier to resist.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Jenne

I think I need Trip Zip's "special code" because I DID the clicking on the smiling things...didn't work.  :(

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on September 25, 2011, 01:24:44 AM
I think I need Trip Zip's "special code" because I DID the clicking on the smiling things...didn't work.  :(

I kept screwing it up, which admittedly because I didn't understand the directions. Finally, what I did was go to the search page that had all the "no more robots" threads, and then I'd click on one, click the smiley, click back, etc until I had done all five. They can't be in different tabs, and you have to not time out.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I also seem to remember there being a browser it wouldn't work on, maybe?

Penumbral

Quote from: Nigel on September 25, 2011, 01:43:03 AM
I also seem to remember there being a browser it wouldn't work on, maybe?

Worked in Opera so it probably works in most of them.

Jenne

Yeah, I did the no more robots click/click back thing on Friday...didn't work.  Wonder if I timed out and didn't know it.

Jenne

Yup, just did it again, twice.  No dice.

I might just clear the passwords/cookies as well, though.  That should do it.  I don't mind the robots...and there's a bit of delay where I can see others' avatars for about 5 seconds before the robots kick in.

And I see the regular avies on my phone as well.

Stelpa

Clearing my cache worked for me... If all else fails, you could just reinstall your browser? :P

Jenne

Pæs

I clear my cache a few times a browsing-session and it's a bother to constantly have to be on the lookout for the button to bring the robots back.