Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on March 21, 2012, 11:46:04 PM
Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 21, 2012, 10:43:17 PM
Yeah, I certainly don't want to replace our government with direct democracy.  People are too apathetic.  Even among occupy folks, most don't pay attention to the GA anymore.

But if you are a real discordian, and you don't see any reason to oppose the police, who are the physical manifestation of authority and male hierarchy here in America, I don't know what else to say
Wait, what?

Are you trying to say that it is our Erisian duty to be adamantly opposed to the police, whether or not it actually serves a purpose?  :lulz:

Obviously! I mean, that cop that pulled me over for speeding then shortly after when I was in an accident, drove me and my boyfriend home, tried to help me find a new car and then forget his paperwork when the appeal for the ticket came up? What an asshole. I obviously should have kicked him in the nuts and run away laughing.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Doktor Howl

Here's the thing about Occupy:  It served its purpose.  It let people know that loads of people are pissed off.  That is the limit of what Occupy can accomplish.  Anything further will make a joke of it.

Something new needs to take its place.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Isn't that kind of like waiting for lightning to strike twice?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 22, 2012, 05:32:21 PM
Isn't that kind of like waiting for lightning to strike twice?

Which?
Molon Lube

LMNO

I guess what I'm saying is that something new and interesting happened with Occupy.  New and interesting things don't happen very often.  So for that same group to come up with another new and interesting thing, well, I think the probability drops of sharply.

I can see, even now, the mentality of, "It worked last time, let's do the same thing again!" and have everything fail miserably.

trippinprincezz13

Predictability makes it much easier to deal with, compartmentalize and set aside. Already I barely hear anything about it and have a strong feeling that if I asked people about it, I'd get a good dose of "that's still going on?". Not that I think people have completely forgotten about it and it will likely (hopefully) still be in people's mind come election, but there's always the next BIG THING or distraction, and fade away as another fad. Flash mobs were big and new until they were co-opted by Taco Bell (or whoever) and the like. Not that I want to imagine things are that dire, that Occupy is already come and gone - but if they want to keep the average person's attention, something *new* has to happen.

Not that I know quite what that should be.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 22, 2012, 05:43:11 PM
I guess what I'm saying is that something new and interesting happened with Occupy.  New and interesting things don't happen very often.  So for that same group to come up with another new and interesting thing, well, I think the probability drops of sharply.

I can see, even now, the mentality of, "It worked last time, let's do the same thing again!" and have everything fail miserably.

Not so sure about that.  When Occupy started here, it was mostly college students and veterans.  All the tents were in perfectly straight lines, and everything was organized down to the last detail.  No drugs or alcohol were permitted, by the movement itself.

Now it's a pack of useless Tucson drones who finally have an excuse to live in a tent in the park, instead of going to work at the call center and paying the bills.  The veterans and the college kids aren't going back to that, because it's no longer reminescent of an army camp of some kind; it's a Hooverville.

So, with any luck at all, this summer will result in something different...Seeing as how the problems are WORSE, not better.  Who knows?  Maybe we can think of something, and find a way to spread it.

Beats the hell out of 3 word story.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

How about "follow a banker/CEO/hedge fund manager home"?

Say, 200 people walk to the guy's house, and just stand on the sidewalk staring at the place?
Molon Lube

Prince Glittersnatch III

What I hope is that Occupy got enough like minded people connected with each other that it will spawn something new.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on March 22, 2012, 06:04:27 PM
What I hope is that Occupy got enough like minded people connected with each other that it will spawn something new.

Thing is, all that's left at the occupy site (here, anyway) are derelicts.  They don't even bother putting up signs, anymore.

So how does word get out to the more serious people?  There's no way to find them.
Molon Lube

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 22, 2012, 06:06:36 PM

Thing is, all that's left at the occupy site (here, anyway) are derelicts.  They don't even bother putting up signs, anymore.

So how does word get out to the more serious people?  There's no way to find them.

My hope is that some of the more serious people are still in contact with each other.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on March 22, 2012, 06:20:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 22, 2012, 06:06:36 PM

My hope is that some of the more serious people are still in contact with each other.

Well, I'm thinking that the more serious people are watched on FB, etc, by the followers.
Molon Lube

Cain

There are plans to restart the protests.  The recent beatdown in New York was meant to be the "back in business" protest to show they hadn't gone away.

It could be that the general assemblies will start laying down some ground rules again, and get things rolling.

On the other hand, I get the impression a lot of Occupy are looking to Greece for their next move.  Anarchists, unionists and other organisers associated with Occupy have all been visiting the country in recent months.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 22, 2012, 06:23:17 PM
There are plans to restart the protests.  The recent beatdown in New York was meant to be the "back in business" protest to show they hadn't gone away.

It could be that the general assemblies will start laying down some ground rules again, and get things rolling.

On the other hand, I get the impression a lot of Occupy are looking to Greece for their next move.  Anarchists, unionists and other organisers associated with Occupy have all been visiting the country in recent months.

I hope so.

With the exception of Oakland, Occupy wasn't nearly threatening enough.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on March 22, 2012, 05:58:07 PM
Flash mobs were big and new until they were co-opted by Taco Bell (or whoever) and the like.

OCCUPY THE TACO!
:taco: