News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Unlimited In Flames Appreciation Thread

Started by AFK, November 10, 2011, 12:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

In Flames are my favorite melodic death metal band.  Their latest album is some fantastic shit.

Discuss and post some of your favorite In Flames songs. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

You just did this to prove you could start a thread I wouldn't try to fuck up.

Well played, sir. Well played indeed.

And yeah, the new album took a minute to grow on me but now that it has I'd have to say it's my favorite album of theirs (and they are my favorite band, period). Fear is the Weakness and Where the Dead Ships Dwell are fucking masterpieces. I didn't think they'd ever top Goliaths Disarm Their Davids on an individual song basis, but I'd say they did it at least twice on one album. A New Dawn and Darker Times are bad as all fuck too.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

And given that this is their first album with the new guitar player, I'm intensely excited to see what the NEXT album sounds like once they've really gelled. No offense to Jesper Stromblad, but his riffing was getting kind of predictable towards the end of his tenure even though it didn't diminish my enjoyment of A Sense Of Purpose one bit.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

BTW, RWHN, if you like In Flames as much as I do you should probably check out the new Degradead album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIVB4ms3jjI

East Coast Hustle

Just found out they're playing the Roseland in Portland on February 1st.

After I spent 15 minutes popping a massive boner and shitting myself with glee, I started working on a resume tailored towards getting a death metal band to hire me as their personal chef.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 10, 2011, 02:41:51 AM

After I spent 15 minutes popping a massive boner and shitting myself with glee, I started working on a resume tailored towards getting a death metal band to hire me as their personal chef.

God, that's brilliant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 10, 2011, 02:41:51 AM

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Do you have a good recipe for lutefisk and meatballs? ;)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

Actually, I make some badass Swedish Meatballs.

Beats IKEA's by a mile, and I like IKEA's.

East Coast Hustle

So, RWHN, you clearly weren't actually interested in the premise of this thread.

Proof of troll?

AFK

I'm sorry but my counsel is advising me not to answer that question.  ;)

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

That's too bad. I was looking forward to discussing my favorite band with another fan, even if we both think the other is completely off the rails in a completely unrelated thread about a completely unrelated topic.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I like them but am too musically retarded to discuss it much more than that.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A