News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Another old person died today

Started by Da6s, July 25, 2009, 07:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Da6s on July 26, 2009, 12:27:31 AM
Quote from: Kai on July 25, 2009, 11:26:48 PM

Yes, because people have perfect memories and don't have a tendency to forget historical atrocities like world wars at the first chance they can.

You want people who were there around so they can tell their stories. You want their stories around so nobody the fuck ever forgets.

Kai,

Wonders what you'll say when the last Holocaust survivor dies.

What I'll probably say would revolve around me bitching about the fact the last holocaust survivor today wasn't jewish, and therefore no one cared.

Since you know, only 6 million died, and they were all jews.

And for the record, I can't stand the holocaust museum in DC for the sheer fact that 90% of the museum only covers/refers to the jewish victims, which is utter and complete bullshit.

Bump!  :lol:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2010, 07:32:01 PM

Yes, because people have perfect memories and don't have a tendency to forget historical atrocities like world wars at the first chance they can.

You want people who were there around so they can tell their stories. You want their stories around so nobody the fuck ever forgets.

Kai,

What I'll probably say would revolve around me bitching about the fact the last holocaust survivor today wasn't jewish, and therefore no one cared.

And for the record, I can't stand the holocaust museum in DC for the sheer fact that 90% of the museum only covers/refers to the jewish victims, which is utter and complete bullshit.

He actually had a valid point buried in all his retardation, which was that about five million non-Jews also died in the Holocaust and for some reason most people seem kind of unaware of that.

That doesn't excuse his retardation though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 30, 2010, 07:51:39 PM

Kai,

He actually had a valid point buried in all his retardation, which was that about five million non-Jews also died in the Holocaust and for some reason most people seem kind of unaware of that.

Sure.  It wasn't an excuse for him to hate on the Jews or anything.   :lulz:

Da6s = :winner:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2010, 07:58:43 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 30, 2010, 07:51:39 PM

Kai,

Sure.  It wasn't an excuse for him to hate on the Jews or anything.   :lulz:

Da6s = :winner:

And Puerto Ricans and old people.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Being of the same age group as Da6s, I can sympathize a little.  Not a lot, though, since all these terrible old people who ruined everything are the same people who made my really cool life possible.

Youthful entitlement is a gripe of mine.  I'm inconveniently 23 at the moment, but I'm working on it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on July 26, 2009, 07:32:04 AM
Quote from: Da6s on July 26, 2009, 06:29:04 AM
I've both legit and groundless reasons for my dislike of the elderly. If the fact the AARP is the single largest membership organization in the world doesn't raise a red flag in your mind, then i'm guessing you're colorblind. Also never mind how lax laws are against the elderly. Example: Why are the elderly still not required to take a renewed license driving test? Everyone in their right mind can acknowledge a good percent of the elderly should not be allowed to operate heavy machinery in any form.

Though I'm sure I'm just mostly bitter about the elderly because I grew up in a town where the average age was 58, and I blame all elderly people for the miserably boring existence that molded me into the snarky asshole I am today. It's like hating the god that created you, complete with all the young whippersnapper angst to back it up.

As for how I wanna go, I care not. I would be content making it to 50, and would then be ready to get off the ride. No suicide though. Unless it were a quietus, and all the other old farts had to jump in the lake with me.

You'll be surprised by how stupid you'll realize this to be when you're 45.

Yeah, the point in my rant today?   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

LMNO

How the FUCK did you remember this thread?

You're like the Rainman of PD Thread Archeology.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 11, 2011, 06:00:33 PM
How the FUCK did you remember this thread?

You're like the Rainman of PD Thread Archeology.

I'm not well, you see.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2011, 05:56:43 PM
Quote from: Nigel on July 26, 2009, 07:32:04 AM
Quote from: Da6s on July 26, 2009, 06:29:04 AM
I've both legit and groundless reasons for my dislike of the elderly. If the fact the AARP is the single largest membership organization in the world doesn't raise a red flag in your mind, then i'm guessing you're colorblind. Also never mind how lax laws are against the elderly. Example: Why are the elderly still not required to take a renewed license driving test? Everyone in their right mind can acknowledge a good percent of the elderly should not be allowed to operate heavy machinery in any form.

Though I'm sure I'm just mostly bitter about the elderly because I grew up in a town where the average age was 58, and I blame all elderly people for the miserably boring existence that molded me into the snarky asshole I am today. It's like hating the god that created you, complete with all the young whippersnapper angst to back it up.

As for how I wanna go, I care not. I would be content making it to 50, and would then be ready to get off the ride. No suicide though. Unless it were a quietus, and all the other old farts had to jump in the lake with me.

You'll be surprised by how stupid you'll realize this to be when you're 45.

Yeah, the point in my rant today?   :lulz:

POINT ILLUSTRATED!  :lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on July 25, 2009, 11:26:48 PM

That's something I don't even want to contemplate. It's good having people who were there to counter the Stormfront crowd.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division