News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

are we all gay

Started by haileris, October 11, 2004, 04:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wait, so who here is an adult baby?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

I thought we all were?  Isn't this an adult baby forum?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

shadowfurry23

Quote from: Nigel on November 26, 2008, 08:24:56 PM
OHSHI...!

Oh great.  Whose turn is it to change Nigel's diaper?

(actually, the adult baby stuff sorta creeps me out - and I'm a furry that defends zoophiles for fucks sake)
This play, however, is an affirmation of life—not an attempt to bring order out of chaos nor to suggest improvements in creation, but simply a way of waking up to the very life we're living, which is so excellent once one gets one's mind and one's desires out of its way and lets it act of its own accord. - John Cage

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Richter

Quote from: shadowfurry23 on November 26, 2008, 05:10:32 PM
Sexual orientation is determined partly by genetics and partly by environment, in my experience.  A lot of folks (most?) are a little bi, but culturally loathe to admit it.  Some people just don't fancy one gender or the other, more's the pity.

I decided to start sleeping with guys near the end of university.  My preferences lean towards girls, but I can have fun with a guy I fancy.  Naturally I started getting  laid a lot more - guys are easy, all guys know this.  That's why gay guys fuck like bunnies (quite a lot of them anyway); also though when you've tied up a lot of your identity into who you sleep with (as many gay folks do after having had to repress it much of their lives) you naturally gravitate towards doing that a lot.

I'm too goddamn lazy to be 'metrosexual' - fucking stupid term anyway.

Sexuality aside, I rather enjoy gay culture.  I try to make the Toronto Pride parade when I can (and I take my kid too) - it's a riot, full of awesome.  MC Frontalot expressed it best: I Heart Fags

I think it was in "Songs of a Distant Earth", Arthur C. Clarke wrote something to the tune of: anyon'e who's totally, 100% heterosexual may be almost pathological in that sense.

Not a statement I can totally get behind, since it's an unusual use of what constitutes a pathological behavior, but it was an insteresting statement, nonetheless.  I just thought the concept that everyone's a bit bent away from straight by DEFAULT isn't the worst.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bu🤠ns

our "sexuality" is just another concept, like God or Money, that has an outward manifestation so we deem it REAL. then we link it to other concepts like gender, get confused and fight about it. there is no REAL sexuality...just fucking.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: shadowfurry23 on November 26, 2008, 08:33:23 PM
OHSHI...!

(actually, the adult baby stuff sorta creeps me out - and I'm a furry that defends zoophiles for fucks sake)

You gotta check out the adult baby meets clown fetish stuff.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on November 26, 2008, 09:31:54 PM
OHSHI...!

So a strap on clown shoe in your future Nigel?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

shadowfurry23

Quote from: Maude's on November 26, 2008, 09:15:30 PM
our "sexuality" is just another concept, like God or Money, that has an outward manifestation so we deem it REAL. then we link it to other concepts like gender, get confused and fight about it. there is no REAL sexuality...just fucking.

Uh, no.  Some boys prefer to fuck girls and some boys prefer to fuck boys and a significant portion of that is hard-wired in.  That's a reasonably measurable, observable fact that can be acted upon and that I'm inclined to call Real - as Real as anything is, anyway.

I'm a big fan of mindsculpting myself and there's a lot of leeway in there, but just as the painter has the paints they are given and the  sculptor his uncarved block of granite, there is a something at the base of it.  It's not all as loosey-goosey as you suggest.
This play, however, is an affirmation of life—not an attempt to bring order out of chaos nor to suggest improvements in creation, but simply a way of waking up to the very life we're living, which is so excellent once one gets one's mind and one's desires out of its way and lets it act of its own accord. - John Cage

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 26, 2008, 09:36:29 PM
OHSHI...!

Just you wait. Better wear pants when you sleep.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on November 26, 2008, 10:35:25 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on November 26, 2008, 09:36:29 PM
OHSHI...!

Just you wait. Better wear pants when you sleep.

For you, I'd suffer through Clown Shoe Raep any day.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: shadowfurry23 on November 26, 2008, 10:28:59 PM
Quote from: Maude's on November 26, 2008, 09:15:30 PM

Uh, no.  Some boys prefer to fuck girls and some boys prefer to fuck boys and a significant portion of that is hard-wired in.  That's a reasonably measurable, observable fact that can be acted upon and that I'm inclined to call Real - as Real as anything is, anyway.

I'm a big fan of mindsculpting myself and there's a lot of leeway in there, but just as the painter has the paints they are given and the  sculptor his uncarved block of granite, there is a something at the base of it.  It's not all as loosey-goosey as you suggest.

:cn:

and i made no claim as to the motivations behind our actions and desires.  obviously desire is there in some form hard wired or not.  i just see no need to differentiate.  why catalogue our attractions? so we can feel better about ourselves? why not just drop it all and feel better? personally i can find attration in people regardless of gender--thats my trip---... but if you the need to self-identify, please, do what you like--is none of my business.  i just find all the labeling (read: concept creation) unnecessary.  i propose: fuck and forgetaboutit