News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Open Bar 3.17 - now more glitchy than ever!

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, December 14, 2011, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on December 16, 2011, 11:17:05 PM
PUBLISHED WOO! First publication is "in print", by which I mean it was published through a peer reviewed, open access journal and is now available. Been working on this short manuscript for the last year (short papers are suprisingly painful to get published), and now I'm a scientist in the academic sense...or something like that...

I mean, it's really cool to be able to say I have added to the pool of literature which is natural history.

Awesome news!

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cainad (dec.)

Good job, Kai!

I hope, one day, to achieve the same thing. But you know, rocks instead of bugs.

If this Uni doesn't devour me first. :x

Speaking of, I just got special permission from an instructor to take a senior tutorial course in remote sensing :D

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's weird, I feel like I've barely worked this week but I just took pictures of 29 bracelet beads and I still have 14 focals, 4 sets, 20 pairs of earrings, and 72 glass headpins to photograph, plus I just pulled 12 more focals out of my kiln for capping and coring.

How did I do this?  :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Nigel on December 17, 2011, 12:40:22 AM
It's weird, I feel like I've barely worked this week but I just took pictures of 29 bracelet beads and I still have 14 focals, 4 sets, 20 pairs of earrings, and 72 glass headpins to photograph, plus I just pulled 12 more focals out of my kiln for capping and coring.

How did I do this?  :?

It's kinda like Fight Club, but instead of your alternate personality going and starting underground anarchist pugilists associations, she decided you actually could use a little extra cash.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Luna on December 16, 2011, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on December 16, 2011, 04:49:45 PM
Off to play yet another of my famous mini-gigs

Do tell?

Nothing really interesting, I just show up at places where there are possibilities for jam sessions, get up there and play my sub-par shit while intoxicated. People seem to enjoy it though.
Me and my gal did Creep tonight.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Cainad on December 17, 2011, 12:01:12 AM
Good job, Kai!

I hope, one day, to achieve the same thing. But you know, rocks instead of bugs.

Speaking of, I just got special permission from an instructor to take a senior tutorial course in remote sensing :D
:? You mean like clairvoyance?
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Kai

Thanks guys. :)

Good job, Kai!

Come to the dark side, Cainad. The dark side is stronger, messier, and has a higher chance of becoming mad science.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Suu

I can't believe I'm still writing this fucking paper. This source article I'm using is awful, my head is pounding, my vagina and groin muscles are killing me (gonna be worse tomorrow), and I can't take anything "good" until this paper is done.

-Suu
Vicodin and forgetaboutit.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Kai = THE SHIT

This has been a constant, but is now underlined and incontrovertably so because of published.  :mittens: 

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 16, 2011, 06:18:15 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 16, 2011, 04:48:00 PM
Todavía estoy apesadumbrado de oír hablar del pene de su gato.

I'M LEARNING SPANISH!!

(THE PD WAY!!)

It's the only way

Also, I've been refinishing this church pew:

Almost done with a lot of my stuff.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on December 17, 2011, 01:06:33 AM
Good job, Kai!

:? You mean like clairvoyance?

I mean like using Space Cameras to determine what color your socks are

or to find out if you remembered to wash your hands

Pæs

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 17, 2011, 01:12:06 AM
Kai = THE SHIT

This has been a constant, but is now underlined and incontrovertably so because of published.  :mittens: 
IAWTC.

Way to go, Kai.

Telarus

Congrats Kai!

Suu, very glad to hear that you're past the burn phase and onto the recovery phase. Hope it gets not-sore soon.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

Paper is done and submitted with 3 hours to spare.

IT'S PILL TIME NAO.

PEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZ