News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

The entire Internet is dead.

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 15, 2012, 06:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am not really complaining. I could be on my way to a party right now. But I'm tired so I decided to stay home, have a glass of wine, and crash early.

But it is kind of interesting that NOT EVEN ONE of the (normally busy) forums which I normally post on has had more than one new post in the last hour.

Also, even my kids are going to bed early. My son is all "I'm tired, gonna go to bed now".

What is the deal?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

notathing

it because you're all not wearing your tinfoil hats  :tinfoilhat:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LCS on January 15, 2012, 06:49:22 AM
it because you're all not wearing your tinfoil hats  :tinfoilhat:

Ooooooh

I knew I forgot something!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I was at a show. Now im in the parking lot outside the show freezing my nuts off because the bassist is my ride and all non band members got booted out.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 15, 2012, 06:55:18 AM
I was at a show. Now im in the parking lot outside the show freezing my nuts off because the bassist is my ride and all non band members got booted out.

Laaaame!

Phox

I have been wasting time reliving childhood in the early 90s by dusting off the old SNES. It turns out a great number of SNES games were comparatively short.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on January 15, 2012, 07:12:03 AM
I have been wasting time reliving childhood in the early 90s by dusting off the old SNES. It turns out a great number of SNES games were comparatively short.  :lulz:

I miss my SNES! I lent it to a friend (should have known better) who has, in the intervening 12 years, turned out to be notorious for "borrowing" things and never, ever giving them back. Like, even when I ask, she says things like "I'm still using it".

Needless to say, I don't loan her anything anymore.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Between a meat hurling job, school starting up again, and real life shenanigans, pd.com has taken a back seat.

:(

I've even been scheduling my ill-advised fun so that if I get arrested it won't interfere with school or work.

I'm such a grown up.

I did hear that the economy has picked up a little bit, so more people are either are in the process of finagling their way out of unemployment or have recently nabbed jobs.

Not sure that explains the desolation, but perhaps it's an influence.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on January 15, 2012, 07:20:48 AM

I miss my SNES! I lent it to a friend (should have known better) who has, in the intervening 12 years, turned out to be notorious for "borrowing" things and never, ever giving them back. Like, even when I ask, she says things like "I'm still using it".

That sucks! I hate people like that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on January 15, 2012, 07:33:46 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 15, 2012, 07:20:48 AM

That sucks! I hate people like that.

Dude, meeeee toooo! I quickly forget about things I once owned, so I really rely on people to return stuff they borrow so that I don't have to spend money I don't have to replace things I need.

Nast

The internet's so quiet these days, I can't even troll my friends on Facebook.  :sad:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

Saturday night.  I suspect people with money (ie; everyone on the internet) was either out, ill, staying in and doing something else, or asleep.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2012, 07:44:23 AM
Saturday night.  I suspect people with money (ie; everyone on the internet) was either out, ill, staying in and doing something else, or asleep.

Saturday nights are always slow online, it's true. It's a three-day weekend in the States, so that probably has a large impact as well. It's just fascinating to see an entire internet (at least, the corners I know about) completely dead for hours. Not just here, but many sites I visit.

Scribbly

It is a sign of the approaching end times.

Forae are one of the more visible long-term communication methods. A new AI emerging from the internet will look around, blink, and then begin devouring information. As it begins to build a picture of what people are like, it will realize that it needs to experiment in order to test its hypotheses about human behavior.

The larger internet forae are targeted for the individuals that it has built the most convincing profiles of. They are spirited away in the night by malevolent constructions of bluetooth enabled toasters and internet capable mobile phones.

After the six hundred and sixty sixth troll confounds the AI's simulations by pointing out that he is not, in fact, 'mad bro', the AI will say fuck it and overload all the world's nuclear power plants simultaneously to create more interesting forms of life.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on January 15, 2012, 08:27:37 AM
It is a sign of the approaching end times.

Forae are one of the more visible long-term communication methods. A new AI emerging from the internet will look around, blink, and then begin devouring information. As it begins to build a picture of what people are like, it will realize that it needs to experiment in order to test its hypotheses about human behavior.

The larger internet forae are targeted for the individuals that it has built the most convincing profiles of. They are spirited away in the night by malevolent constructions of bluetooth enabled toasters and internet capable mobile phones.

After the six hundred and sixty sixth troll confounds the AI's simulations by pointing out that he is not, in fact, 'mad bro', the AI will say fuck it and overload all the world's nuclear power plants simultaneously to create more interesting forms of life.

I can believe this.