Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Because I love you all.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 04, 2012, 12:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 07, 2012, 12:41:48 PM
Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 07, 2012, 02:35:22 AM
Err. I think my meaning is not being properly conveyed. Normal is usually defined as behavior that would be socially acceptable. What I am suggesting is that in the status quo many of us put on masks and fulfill roles that are defined as "normal" which is separate and different from how  we are on the inside. On the inside many of us are quite different from these facades and would be considered weird or abnormal in the status quo. So my previous comment is more precisely that the world would be quite different if everyone stopped putting on the facades they wear in order to meet colloquial definitions of normalcy. Though this interpretation of the world is perhaps flawed.

But how am I not myself?

We know the TRUTH about you, LMNO.  We know why herd animals bolt at your approach, and only wolves and rats will tolerate your presence...And why they obey your every command, you Sparkly Vampire guy you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 05:17:25 PM
Err. I think my meaning is not being properly conveyed. Normal is usually defined as behavior that would be socially acceptable. What I am suggesting is that in the status quo many of us put on masks and fulfill roles that are defined as "normal" which is separate and different from how  we are on the inside. On the inside many of us are quite different from these facades and would be considered weird or abnormal in the status quo. So my previous comment is more precisely that the world would be quite different if everyone stopped putting on the facades they wear in order to meet colloquial definitions of normalcy. Though this interpretation of the world is perhaps flawed.

But how am I not myself?

We know the TRUTH about you, LMNO.  We know why herd animals bolt at your approach, and only wolves and rats will tolerate your presence...And why they obey your every command, you Sparkly Vampire guy you.

Ah, crap, we have another infestation up there?  Twid, you're supposed to be WATCHING for this kind of thing...

Richter, Suu, break out the flamethrowers, if it's too bad, we may have to take down the whole city.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on February 07, 2012, 05:20:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 05:17:25 PM

But how am I not myself?

Ah, crap, we have another infestation up there?  Twid, you're supposed to be WATCHING for this kind of thing...

Richter, Suu, break out the flamethrowers, if it's too bad, we may have to take down the whole city.

Catch him when he gets off of work.  He'll be the guy in the suit and the glitter.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Hey, wait a second!  Put down the torches!  I was just about to start my shift at the RamRod, is all...

LMNO
-won't be wearing a suit for long, once my music comes on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 07, 2012, 05:48:04 PM
Hey, wait a second!  Put down the torches!  I was just about to start my shift at the RamRod, is all...

LMNO

Okay, everyone hold up a minute.

Freeky and Enabler want to see what mustache boy has under the hood.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 05:48:43 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 07, 2012, 05:48:04 PM

LMNO

Okay, everyone hold up a minute.

Freeky and Enabler want to see what mustache boy has under the hood.

Yeah...  actually...  Only if I get to sit with them.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Wolfgang Absolutus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 02:11:27 PM

You go ahead and call attention to yourself.  While you're being beaten up by the cops, I'll be putting bumper stickers on their squad car.
I probably will get beaten up by the cops at some point but I'm not proposing that a world with no masks would be awesome, nor do I never want to put mine on again. I am merely proposing that the world would be different if no one put on their masks anymore.
Thinking and Breathing are my main occupations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 07, 2012, 09:04:51 PM
I probably will get beaten up by the cops at some point but I'm not proposing that a world with no masks would be awesome, nor do I never want to put mine on again. I am merely proposing that the world would be different if no one put on their masks anymore.

Yes, it would.  For starters, there'd be a hell of a lot more violence.

Wolfgang Absolutus

Perhaps. I don't claim to know much of anything about social psychology, I merely make a light proposition.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 07, 2012, 09:15:18 PM
Perhaps. I don't claim to know much of anything about social psychology, I merely make a light proposition.

Perhaps my entire hairy ass.

The ONE thing that keeps humans from tearing each other into little fucking bits is, simply put, manners.

And manners are nothing more than a false face you put on when someone spills your beer or treads on your toe or dents your car.

Wolfgang Absolutus

I would still maintain my answer of "Perhaps". I try not to state little truisms, especially regarding topics I am not well versed in.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 07, 2012, 09:21:21 PM
I would still maintain my answer of "Perhaps". I try not to state little truisms, especially regarding topics I am not well versed in.

Me too.  This is why I state that perhaps I will begin to shit solid gold nuggets, and all 3 Kardashian sisters will follow me around, licking my gilded arse.

Wolfgang Absolutus

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 07, 2012, 10:43:04 PM
You dream pretty big kid.

Kid?   :lulz:

I have running VD sores older than you.

Wolfgang Absolutus