News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

More Johan Galtung.

Started by EK WAFFLR, June 14, 2012, 03:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Nephew Twiddleton

I missed him the first time. I reckon from the name though that hes a teutonized teabagger except that he hates jews too?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

It is weird the way the piece jumps from reasonable

Galtung believes that historical anti-Semitism is based at least partly on Jewish behavior: On the rise of anti-Jewish attitudes in Germany during the 1920s,  he says that it was "not unproblematic that Jews had key niches in a society humiliated by defeat at Versailles."

He distinguishes between predicting anti-Jewish behavior and justifying it: "In no way, absolutely no way, does this justify the atrocities. But it created anti-Semitism that could have been predicted." In the same way, he argues that medieval pogroms were motivated by the role of Jews in usury: "The Jews played a role in demanding payment from indebted peasants."

to apeshit bonkers

"Six Jewish companies control 96% of the media," wrote Galtung. He included the names of journalists, publishers, TV networks, and movie studios, that he claims are controlled by Jews. Media mogul Rupert Murdoch was also included on the list. "He's not Jewish, but many of the people under him are," wrote Galtung, in reference to Murdoch. "Many of them are fanatically pro-Israel," he pointed out. Immediately following these claims, Galtung wrote that "seventy percent of the professors at the 20 most important American universities are Jewish." Galtung bases his doctrine on an article written by William Luther Pierce, founder of the "National Alliance," a white supremacist organization.

I could see Galtung himself taking a more careful path from the first position to the second and managing to convince someone.

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

The fact that they had "key nitches" justifying - even in part - anti-semitism is reasonable?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2012, 05:15:02 PM
The fact that they had "key nitches" justifying - even in part - anti-semitism is reasonable?

The quote in isolation would read to me as predicting, rather than justifying.

Just as you can say that it is likely that in the US there is a distinct possibility that bankers will be targeted by lynch mobs if things fall apart much more.  That doesn't mean you are justifying the lynching of local mortgage brokers and functionaries, who aren't the ones guilty of crashing the economy.    Germany went to shit after World War I, the average German was reduced to a pretty shitty existence very quickly and Jews, by and large, were not reduced anywhere near as badly.  This was partly due to the fact that German Jews took care of one another and built up networks that patronized other Jews.

It doesn't justify anything the Germans did, but it does help to predict it, if you are part of a privileged group in a place that is going to shit you can expect to be targeted as part of the problem pretty quickly. 
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 14, 2012, 05:27:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2012, 05:15:02 PM

The quote in isolation would read to me as predicting, rather than justifying.

QuoteGaltung believes that historical anti-Semitism is based at least partly on Jewish behavior:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

The dude believes the protocols of the elders of zion are real for fuck's sake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan_Galtung
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Prince Glittersnatch III

QuoteGaltung also recommends reading "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion," noting that "It is impossible to [read] it today without thinking of Goldman-Sachs" (see here). Galtung has also stated that "it is hard to believe that the Russian secret police was able to be so specific." However, "while corresponding with Haaretz, he was less decisive, writing 'I don't know exactly who wrote the protocols'"

Oooh! Oooh! I know!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dialogue_in_Hell_Between_Machiavelli_and_Montesquieu

QuoteLike the god Vishnu, my press will have a hundred arms, and these arms will give their hands to all the different shades of opinion throughout the country.
    — Machiavelli,  Dialogues, p. 141

QuoteThese newspapers, like the Indian god Vishnu, will be possessed of hundreds of hands, each of which will be feeling the pulse of varying public opinion.
    — Protocols, p. 43

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

Wait- this dudes real name is really a german version of john galt? :horrormirth:

Triple Zero

I was wondering the same thing :lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 15, 2012, 02:07:58 AM
I was wondering the same thing :lol:

That's just too fucking weird! I thought it was a pseudonym until the wikipedia link showed up!

Lenin McCarthy

I always thought of Johan Galtung as a far left kind of guy, because of his praise for Communist China, Mao, Fidel Castro and all that. Is he picking up the worst of both fringes now?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Lenin/McCarthy on June 15, 2012, 03:23:16 AM
I always thought of Johan Galtung as a far left kind of guy, because of his praise for Communist China, Mao, Fidel Castro and all that. Is he picking up the worst of both fringes now?

This is the first I've heard of him. But antisemitism isn't just for the far-right I suppose.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's really a big circle, isn't it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."