News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 23, 2012, 03:03:03 AM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 12:01:50 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 21, 2012, 03:26:07 AM
Yeah, I think their main attraction is a cave.

COME VISIT OUR HOLE IN THE GROUND.  IT'S REALLY DEEP.  IT'S A HOLE.

It was pretty damn impressive, if you like caves.

I like caves.

COME VISIT OUR PRETTY DAMN IMPRESSIVE HOLE IN THE GROUND.

Yeah, that has a ring to it.
The cave part was cool (lemme alone, my old man and maternal grandpa are geologists), but we have awesome caves here in California in much prettier areas (like Murphy's caverns in Sanora, which is fucking amazing).
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 29, 2012, 02:13:45 PM
Another quote from Thornly, this time from Sondra London's work with him. Posting becasue it's relevant to current BIP2 Project.

Quote"Nothing is truer than the saying that the highway to hell is paved with good intentions. If nearly half the world is not to continue starving to death, then ethics has to be geared to what will actually change the present situation. What will work, what will feed people has to be the standard of morality -- not what seems fair in the eyes of spoiled intellectuals who've never been outside the United States. Like the poet Robinson Jeffers says, this country has a national introversion complex. So does Japan. Neither country really believes the outside world exists. People watch a newsreel or read something in the papers, but subconsciously it is only entertainment to them."

That's awesome. Don't change your mind, don't cut it.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Placid Dingo

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 04, 2012, 10:15:46 AM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 29, 2012, 02:13:45 PM
Another quote from Thornly, this time from Sondra London's work with him. Posting becasue it's relevant to current BIP2 Project.

Quote"Nothing is truer than the saying that the highway to hell is paved with good intentions. If nearly half the world is not to continue starving to death, then ethics has to be geared to what will actually change the present situation. What will work, what will feed people has to be the standard of morality -- not what seems fair in the eyes of spoiled intellectuals who've never been outside the United States. Like the poet Robinson Jeffers says, this country has a national introversion complex. So does Japan. Neither country really believes the outside world exists. People watch a newsreel or read something in the papers, but subconsciously it is only entertainment to them."

That's awesome. Don't change your mind, don't cut it.

I'll talk to Sondra about it.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

AFK

That's a damned good, and important, quote.  It probably should go to the newsfeed, if it fits.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 04, 2012, 08:52:39 AM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 23, 2012, 03:03:03 AM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 12:01:50 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 21, 2012, 03:26:07 AM
Yeah, I think their main attraction is a cave.

COME VISIT OUR HOLE IN THE GROUND.  IT'S REALLY DEEP.  IT'S A HOLE.

It was pretty damn impressive, if you like caves.

I like caves.

COME VISIT OUR PRETTY DAMN IMPRESSIVE HOLE IN THE GROUND.

Yeah, that has a ring to it.
The cave part was cool (lemme alone, my old man and maternal grandpa are geologists), but we have awesome caves here in California in much prettier areas (like Murphy's caverns in Sanora, which is fucking amazing).

I've been there. It's beautiful, but it's different.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Placid Dingo

I'm actually getting closer to finding the street that Greg and Kerry lived on. On a Current Affair they mention Napolean St. It seems to have been renamed since then, I don't know if anyone knows how I can find it?

Also THIS was one location that Kerry claims to have met 'Brother in Law'.

Placid Dingo

I'm working on this

Progress to date:
Identifying areas for travel relevant to the original Discordians. (New Orleans, Santa Cruz, North California)

Started interviews online with figures such as
St Mae (Discordian.com, Kallisticon)
Sondra London (Confession to Conspiracy to Assassinate JFK by Kerry Thornley as told to Sondra London)
Professor Cramulus (Major involvement in Intermittens, Chao Te Ching, GASM conceptualist)
Peterson Silva (Translated Black Iron Prison into Portuguese, contributor to Discordia Brazilis and Contos Discordianos)
Gavriel Discordia (Discordian Culture Shop, Discordian Library)
Timothy Bowen (alunaticpope.com, Jonesboria Discordia, Voices of Chaos)

Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ChasingEris) 71 Connections.

Pozible (pozible.com/eris) 8.5% Funded.

Juana

NorCal? I thought they did it in a bowling alley in LA. Which is, you know, Southern California.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

Specifically, Whitter.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 05, 2012, 08:49:28 AM
NorCal? I thought they did it in a bowling alley in LA. Which is, you know, Southern California.

Right at the moment I'm working off this interview HERE

QuoteHILDE: You mentioned the Bay area--I thought Discordianism began in Whittier,
which is in Southern California.

MARSHALL: It was the Bay Area, northern California.

HILDE: I believe both Hill and Thornley said it began in a bowling alley in Whittier.

MARSHALL: They both lied a lot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 05, 2012, 02:16:45 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 05, 2012, 08:49:28 AM

Right at the moment I'm working off this interview HERE

QuoteHILDE: You mentioned the Bay area--I thought Discordianism began in Whittier,
which is in Southern California.

MARSHALL: It was the Bay Area, northern California.

HILDE: I believe both Hill and Thornley said it began in a bowling alley in Whittier.

MARSHALL: They both lied a lot.

I always heard that it was the Bay area, and in fact once had the actual (alleged) bowling alley pointed out to me. This was around 1994. Discordianism was a big thing among Bay area computer geeks. I have a vague memory of a house on a street that was not very far from my street in Oakland being somehow significant or relevant. All I remember about it was that it was a Victorian style with a black wrought iron fence.

I didn't really care at the time, so I wasn't really paying attention.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There was also a significant laundromat, perhaps in Berkeley.

Juana

Huh. Interesting. Thanks, Dingo. :)

the last yatto

My godmother told me a story how she meet Wilson at brushwood, for two days they had good conversations and on the third she just happen to have clothes on and thus he ignored her, even after calling his name, nickname and full name... so she slapped em
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit