News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

30 (+1) Dry Days

Started by LMNO, July 03, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

#DryJuly has begun.  3 days into it.  Physically, I'm ok.  Mentally, I'm gonna struggle with the need for a martini after a tough day at work.

Updates as the month goes on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 03, 2012, 07:25:48 PM
#DryJuly has begun.  3 days into it.  Physically, I'm ok.  Mentally, I'm gonna struggle with the need for a martini after a tough day at work.

I expect something similar to 30 Days of Eris, here.  I mean, not the same thing, but I want to see your perception of the world around you.

LET THE HATE FLOW!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Very yes! Also it'll be cathartic.

The Good Reverend Roger

But will it be LEGAL?

I mean, this IS Boston we're talking about, here.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Its not legal but he can get away with a bottle of water and saying its straight vodka. No one will know the difference.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Kai

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 03, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Is this something you do every year?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

No, but it should be.  Part weight loss, part detox, part self-diagnotsic.

Truth be told, I should probably do it more than once a year.

Elder Iptuous

Eater of Clowns

I am truly sorry to inform you that July appears to have 31 days this year.  It appears someone added one to fuck with you.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Telarus

Work those willpower muscles. Luck man.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Johnny

ive been thinking of doing the experiment which-shall-not-be-named, but not now do, oh no sirre, i think it should become a kind of discordian tradition.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 03, 2012, 11:53:46 PM
I am truly sorry to inform you that July appears to have 31 days this year.  It appears someone added one to fuck with you.

Well, fuck.

Anyway, I really tested myself.  On Tuesday, went to a show.  Class Actress and Sleigh Bells.  Good bands, great show, and the first show I've been to without drinking probably since I was 18.  It was then I realized how awful people are at a show (or, perhaps, in general).  Pushy, over-privileged assholes and bitches more concerned over how they look than the band on stage.  No honey, shaving half your head and wearing ill-fitting clothes does not give you permission to push your way in front of me, spill your drink on my shoes, and then spend the show chatting with your friend.  Oh, another thing: I'm not entirely convinced that the show looks a lot better on the viewscreen of your smartphone, so put that fucking thing away before I show you how sensitive it is to liquids.

Then, yesterday, it was the 4th.  I took a chance and hung out with Team Vodka at a house party.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they're just as interesting as when I'm drunk.  We managed to avoid all jingoistic hype attached to the day and spent it just hanging out, grilling, dishing dirt, spilling T, and sticking our feet in the kiddie pool.  All in all, it was a marvelous kiki.

In conclusion:  My friends are awesome, and everyone else needs to die.  Apparently, this holds true whether I am drunk, or not.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 05, 2012, 01:00:13 PM
In conclusion:  My friends are awesome, and everyone else needs to die.  Apparently, this holds true whether I am drunk, or not.

:mittens:

So it helped you get a clearer view of who's actually awesome and what just seems awesome. Awesome! :awesome:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Dark Monk

I gave up everything except cigarettes and on very small occasion, caffeine.
I think my drunken post was the first time I've drank in a year, and it was followed by a depression. I was dissatisfied with the results.
Year and a half ago I gave up green, though I wonder if it's truly a wise choice for someone manic depressive, since I had no bouts of it while I did indulge. Made life slightly better without the depressive side effects of alcohol for me, or the zombifying effects of medication that just makes life seem....existence. I was heavy into alcohol a couple years ago, so if it's part of your daily life and you're in day 4 and see amazement in people, damn dude good job :D
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 05, 2012, 01:00:13 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 03, 2012, 11:53:46 PM

Well, fuck.

Anyway, I really tested myself.  On Tuesday, went to a show.  Class Actress and Sleigh Bells.  Good bands, great show, and the first show I've been to without drinking probably since I was 18.  It was then I realized how awful people are at a show (or, perhaps, in general).  Pushy, over-privileged assholes and bitches more concerned over how they look than the band on stage.  No honey, shaving half your head and wearing ill-fitting clothes does not give you permission to push your way in front of me, spill your drink on my shoes, and then spend the show chatting with your friend.  Oh, another thing: I'm not entirely convinced that the show looks a lot better on the viewscreen of your smartphone, so put that fucking thing away before I show you how sensitive it is to liquids.

Then, yesterday, it was the 4th.  I took a chance and hung out with Team Vodka at a house party.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they're just as interesting as when I'm drunk.  We managed to avoid all jingoistic hype attached to the day and spent it just hanging out, grilling, dishing dirt, spilling T, and sticking our feet in the kiddie pool.  All in all, it was a marvelous kiki.

Welcome to Rogertown.  :lulz: