News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

Quote from: monad on February 24, 2014, 02:51:02 AM
Thanks. I seem to have unintentionally upset people already. Perhaps it would be best if I slunk back off into anonymity.
EVERYONE pisses someone off on their first few days. I can't begin to count the number of times I've made an ass of myself on assorted forums over time, but you learn that in the end nobody has a clue who you are! So go out there, put something on the line and see if anyone bites.

I also highly suggest visiting 4chan some time. Pick any forum except for /b/ (it's hard mode if you're shy), find a thread and start talking. /Adv/ moves pretty fast and is usually fairly friendly. Some areas move slower than others, so check the catalogue (link on the bottom) to see where your thread is and if it has moved. This will tell you if the thread is quiet or if the entire forum is just quiet! The best part? All threads die and vanish! It's a nice bridge between a chat and a normal forum.

monad

That's an interesting suggestion. Thank you for the good intentions.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 03:03:50 AM
Oh boy, and Roger ain't even here.

You speak of me as if I were disagreeable or something.

I am not.  I am a kindly old man.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: monad on February 24, 2014, 02:51:02 AM
Thanks. I seem to have unintentionally upset people already. Perhaps it would be best if I slunk back off into anonymity.

Remember the days when Discordians had gigantic cojones and didn't worry about shit like that?

Yeah, me neither.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 24, 2014, 04:29:41 AM

You are a shining beacon of glorious and even-handed raw HATE. I would suggest that we channel it into a power source, but it is perfectly employed as is.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 04:32:01 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 24, 2014, 04:29:41 AM

You are a shining beacon of glorious and even-handed raw HATE. I would suggest that we channel it into a power source, but it is perfectly employed as is.

I am like Jesus, only hateful and bitter.

Salty

And your sermons have more potency. Jesus was a hack. Did he ever make anyone shit their pants? No.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 04:37:34 AM
And your sermons have more potency. Jesus was a hack. Did he ever make anyone shit their pants? No.

He did make a scourge and whip the moneylenders out of the temple.

Which is kinda kickass when you think about it.

DOUR,
Hasn't whipped any Goldman Sachs execs recently.

monad

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 24, 2014, 04:31:30 AM

Remember the days when Discordians had gigantic cojones and didn't worry about shit like that?

Yeah, me neither.

Bravery is contextually relative.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: monad on February 24, 2014, 04:42:15 AM

Yeah, me neither.

Bravery is relative.

:um:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: monad on February 24, 2014, 04:42:15 AM

Yeah, me neither.

Bravery is contextually relative.

Nope.

Salty

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 24, 2014, 04:38:30 AM

DOUR,

Ah, that is probably best. You wouldn't want the oligarchs of tomorrow to use your name to justify their pillaging.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 04:44:06 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 24, 2014, 04:38:30 AM

DOUR,

Ah, that is probably best. You wouldn't want the oligarchs of tomorrow to use your name to justify their pillaging.

Sez who?

Anyway, I'm not staying up late to deal with this new guy's weirdness. 

It's just not contextually relevant.  Or words to that effect.

Salty

Bravery is leaving the scared primate back in the trees, every time.

monad