News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Might be fucking off for a while

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, August 21, 2012, 10:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm a drunk. I've always been a drunk, and I'll probably continue to be a drunk.

That's cool, it happens. Some people like their booze.

Lately though I've been having trouble not getting just kinda drunk but totally fucking hammered. Don't know what's up with that. So I might disappear for a little bit to try and get my head screwed on straight. And while I haven't, as far as I know, pissed anyone off lately from being a moron, I've been a moron and I need to regain some control over myself. Maybe it's because it's everyone's birthday this month and I just happen to be drinking a lot. I don't know. But I've gotten drunk every night since Thursday.

Thursday, sure. I had a bad gig. Drink.
Friday I was at Anne Marie's show. Drink.
Saturday I had another gig. Drink.
Sunday was Pat's wife's birthday. Drink.
Last night. Did my laundry. Drink. Wait what? That doesn't make sense.

So. Yeah. Five drunken nights and one of them just because.

I might be try to keep myself busy and as a result may not be on here much. Plus, if I do get drunk it minimizes my chances of spreading my idiocy across the globe. I'll check in here and there. Maybe post from my phone while commuting. But at night I might avoid the internet entirely. It's just way too easy for me to sit at the computer and drink.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Faust

Ah the life of a bard, get yourself dry, you'll feel like a new man and don't stay away long.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Faust on August 21, 2012, 10:46:06 PM
Ah the life of a bard, get yourself dry, you'll feel like a new man and don't stay away long.

Thanks Faust.  :)

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

Go dry for a fortnight. Because its good to have a goal for this shit, the word "fortnight" is cool, and you do NOT want to go for a month.

AFK

I agree with Faust and LMNO.  Take care of yourself dude!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

A fortnight sounds good. And yeah a month is kinda hard. I might have a couple at the album release but other than that i think im all set for a while. And thanks guys.

Don Coyote

Richter

Yeah, I do this sort of thing every so often too.  Put down the booze for a bit, and every time I feel like grabbing a bottle ask myself "What's behind this?"

Even if you're not posting, don't be an IRL stranger.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

I wont. Its a good time for me to do this though- album release this week and then we have another gig next week. So lots of music. But ill be down in providence when i can.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 21, 2012, 11:53:46 PM
Go dry for a fortnight. Because its good to have a goal for this shit, the word "fortnight" is cool, and you do NOT want to go for a month.

I go for 6 months at a time, fairly often.  Then there's a trainwreck.

Whiskey is the DEVIL, folks.  I advise being CLEAN. 

Pills don't count, they're medicine.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Signora Pæsior

Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Freeky

Murmur

Good luck! You can do it... take care.
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."