News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

While I find the holist thing vastly amusing, I also only got about 30 minutes of sleep and am therefore cranky as fuck. 

Taking the day off from PD, I think, for everyone's sake.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 05, 2012, 01:12:05 PM
While I find the holist thing vastly amusing, I also only got about 30 minutes of sleep and am therefore cranky as fuck. 

You're too kind, sir.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

LMNO

You take the wrong pill by accident?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 05, 2012, 12:54:19 PM
Oh, apparently it was a "spur of the moment" thing and he only wanted to access an off-limits area to younger students.

Well that's just fine and dandy, isn't it?  Never mind he apparently has all the self-control and impulsiveness of...well, a career criminal.   He didn't have bad intentions, besides, you know, stealing.  That'll all be great, the next time he gives into his compulsions and decides to steal something else.

Goddamn hippie school run by idiots, that's the problem.  I'm going to see if I can prevail on the building manager, who isn't part of the school and is from Scotland and thus sensible, to kick him out.

I am pretty sure that's shorthand for "his family is rich and we don't want to ruin the chances of this fine upstanding young man".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Be safe!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And mostly consensual, unless we're talking about tormenting Mike.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 05, 2012, 01:50:59 PM

You take the wrong pill by accident?

No.  I got called 6 times between 8PM and 2AM, then called into the plant at 3:45AM.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

Jeez, Roger. And what the hell, Cain? Hope the building manager sides with you, there.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HOLISTS? So far, we have Twid, Stellz, and Nigel, I think?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

EK WAFFLR

I feel for ya, Roger.
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 05, 2012, 04:20:46 PM
Jeez, Roger. And what the hell, Cain? Hope the building manager sides with you, there.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HOLISTS? So far, we have Twid, Stellz, and Nigel, I think?

And me, and holist. and a few others.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Juana

Yes, you, Waffles, and Alty. :) And unfortunately, original flavor Holist is still here.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

Oops, Alty is still Atly. Hmmm.

ETA: Coyote. That's who.

The Good Reverend Roger

Jeez, Roger.

This is my life.  I work on the set of Duke Nukem, so everything breaks all the time.

Juana

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 05, 2012, 04:34:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 05, 2012, 04:30:17 PM
Jeez, Roger.

This is my life.  I work on the set of Duke Nukem, so everything breaks all the time.
Oh fun.

And my boss is one of those types that believes that technicians are utterly incapable of doing their job without their boss being present.  They get overtime, I get sleep deprivation.