News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

What. That seriously sucks, man.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

At least your income is not subject to someone else's whims?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 05, 2012, 04:38:39 PM
At least your income is not subject to managerial whims?

My income isn't subject to anything except raises, being fired, and the size of my bonuses, which are driven by objective standards.  With the above exceptions, my paycheck is always exactly the same size, no matter what.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

Uh huh. Which would be an upside to the situation, correct?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 05, 2012, 04:42:13 PM
Uh huh. Which would be an upside to the situation.

Sure.  When your salary is based on a 40 hour week, and you routinely work 80 hours +.

So basically, I get paid half of what I'm supposedly paid.

Juana

Yeah, that would make anyone bitter about it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 05, 2012, 04:49:50 PM
Yeah, that would make anyone bitter about it.

I'm less bitter than you'd think.  I enjoy the work (it suits my emergentileâ„¢ nature), and I do get paid enough that I don't usually have to sweat the bills.

But still.

Cain

Doobie do...got bored of the Commando challenge, so aiming for Biotic Godhood...all I have left to do is the Nova challenge.  Which is surprisingly fun.  The poor human Novaguard is sadly dismissed, because he does not have fancy abilities, or grenades, or massive amounts of hitpoints.  But he does not need these things.  All he needs are enemies to set up tech bursts, and then Nova annihilates the enemy like a cluster grenade.  With fire.  Or ice.  Or electricity.  Or possibly biotics, though the charge should detonate that.  He is a walking grenade.

Sure, I'd rather be playing a drell adept, but banners come first.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Work is delightful today. I am in charge of my department tonight but I have two less than apt coworkers with me. So basically I can run around trying to get everything done myself and still get bitched out for it or . . . fuck off all night until they throw us out.

Decisions, decisions.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

My friend came within inches of losing his mother to bacterial meningitis in 48 fucking hours. She fell randomly, they got her to the hospital and found heart problems, more tests concluded what it was and they were able to get her stabilized.

Jesus.

Fucking.

Christ.

I've watched meningitis rip through high schools in Florida, but you don't hear about it too much up here. Goddamn, diseases scare the fucking shit out of me. Especially ones that can kill you in 24-48 hours. Ung, that makes me want to get a meningitis shot right now at Walgreens.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 05, 2012, 04:20:46 PM
Jeez, Roger. And what the hell, Cain? Hope the building manager sides with you, there.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HOLISTS? So far, we have Twid, Stellz, and Nigel, I think?

We're just trying to be helpful. Holist is having a hard time making sure all of the thread have an adequate holist content, so we thought we'd assist, to try to keep the board's holist levels within acceptable and safe parameters.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: holist~ on December 05, 2012, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 05, 2012, 04:20:46 PM
Jeez, Roger. And what the hell, Cain? Hope the building manager sides with you, there.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HOLISTS? So far, we have Twid, Stellz, and Nigel, I think?

We're just trying to be helpful. Holist is having a hard time making sure all of the thread have an adequate holist content, so we thought we'd assist, to try to keep the board's holist levels within acceptable and safe parameters.

holist is trying to inversly strengthen the homeopathic power of the board.

Juana

Don Coyote

The dilution of holist with holist amongst the not-holist is both adding more holist but reducing true holist. In effect holist is making concetrated homeopathic holist.