Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 08:04:57 PM
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 28, 2012, 08:03:30 PM
Does this also mean that hipsters will be more likely to listen to my music and say that they liked me before i was cool?

In about 20 more years.  There are stages to this.

Last month, I heard Aerosmith playing on the piped-in music in a drugstore.  True story. 

You will also find that any previous ability to dance to contemporary music has vanished.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 28, 2012, 08:06:04 PM
Does this also mean that hipsters will be more likely to listen to my music and say that they liked me before i was cool?

Last month, I heard Aerosmith playing on the piped-in music in a drugstore.  True story. 

You will also find that any previous ability to dance to contemporary music has vanished.

Wait a couple more years, LMNO.  You'll stop caring.  In fact, the urge to try, with the goal of embarrassing younger relations, will overwhelm you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 08:02:52 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:58:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 07:57:53 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:54:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 07:41:11 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:40:17 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 28, 2012, 07:28:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 07:27:38 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:08:59 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 06:47:17 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 06:40:17 PM
So hey guys, it turns out that Facebook Discordians are INCREDIBLY easy to fuck with. I know that Howl has known that for a long time, but I'm finally trying it and they're getting all catty on me.  :lulz:

They're more fun than you know what to do with...Especially since many of them were of the fold before they were lured away by Zuckerberg and turned into heathen. 

I feel an epistle coming on.

Seriously, I love that if you reply in a literal and factual fashion to anyone about anything, they promptly start accusing you of being "too serious" It's AWESOME.  :lulz:

The epistle should get some froth going.

Which group are you trolling?  the 2011 ones?

I'm trolling the regular one; the one that has like 3000 members and nobody posts anything above the intellectual equivalent of "replace the word "love" in a song with the word "fuck".

I'm not kidding about that.  :lol:

There's a guy named Steve who is seriously butthurt because I tl;dr at him and then bumped a bunch of the stupidest threads I could find.

To old timers:  Think PD, circa early 2003.  All day.

It's true. And horrible. The inanity is leaking out EVERYWHERE, and Steve is really, REALLY butthurt. :lulz: Now he's following me around in different threads sulking at me.

You're turning into me, you know.  :lulz:

:lulz: Oh yay! So I guess there's at least ONE benefit of getting older... I get to become a curmudgeon.

Yep.  And there's a benefit for guys, too.  The single male/female ratio approaches 0.

Doesn't help if you're not single, of course.

OH, YEAH, THAT'S THE OTHER THING!  Your brain will try to make you look like a TOTAL HORSE'S ASS by convincing you that you can STAY YOUNG if you date or fuck younger people!  You can be that ridiculous combover/cougar, fucking around with someone half your age, while everyone openly laughs at you!  BE THE FIRST ASSHOLE IN YOUR OLD FOLKS HOME TO RUN OUT AND GET A TWENTYSOMETHING FOR THE PASSENGER SEAT OF YOUR MIATA!

I AIN'T TURNING IN MY VOLVO STATION WAGON FOR ANYTHING, OLD MAN! :argh!:

Not even for a piece of fresh sausage.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 08:07:20 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 28, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

Wait a couple more years, LMNO.  You'll stop caring.  In fact, the urge to try, with the goal of embarrassing younger relations, will overwhelm you.

Oh yes. Yes indeed. So much.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 08:07:42 PM

That's OKAY!  You'll be up to your bits in hipsters before you know it!

Would you like to hear more?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Realizing that they no longer bother censoring George Michael's "I Want Your Sex" and that they play it on the "Soft Classics" station made me feel olllllllld.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 08:08:37 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooo  :cry: Don't tell me that I won't be able to move fast enough to keep up with their rate of increase anymore.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 08:10:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 08:08:37 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooo  :cry: Don't tell me that I won't be able to move fast enough to keep up with their rate of increase anymore.

Oh, it's far worse than that.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:57:36 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on December 28, 2012, 07:54:25 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:38:09 PM

Yep, even seasonings... I found the little fuckers in my CAYENNE PEPPER once! I hates them. HATES. They prefer starches but will get into almost anything in a pinch. Including things you would never think of like dry beans and cocoa powder. But if you have room in the freezer, that will both prevent them from moving into your spices and kill any eggs they may have laid. It takes at least a week to kill the eggs, so be persistent! And I'm not sure how they do it, but I think they may lay eggs around the lids of sealed products; freeze those too. You will win!

Damn...that's ridiculous. And cayenne is one of the last places I would have thought of. I did dump a few this morning that I knew were old and sitting for a while, but going through everything later I guess. Sucks, I only have a freezer that is a box on top of the fridge - as opposed to side by side doors. And it's pretty full as it is (though this may be a good opportunty to clear out old freezer-burned stuff in there too. Maybe I'll try to do it in shifts, then quarantine things as I move them. Best I can do at this point. Now would be the time it'd be nice to have a more steady cold outside, but it's still been above freezing most days even if it drops at night.

Thanks again! Wish me luck!

I'm thinking of tossing the microwave too - for all I know they're all up in the vents there too. Would suck, but I don't use a microwave THAT much that I would miss it terribly.

If you do it in shifts, I'd suggest storing the ones that have been frozen in a Rubbermaid tub outside to hopefully prevent recontamination.

No need to worry about your microwave; just focus on eliminating their food sources and you can beat them.

Cool, thank you. I have a spare rubbermaid lying around so that should do. And I'm not terribly worried about anyone climbing on the balcony to steal some spices. I'll see what I can do with the freezer, but probably will need to do it in shifts.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Nephew Twiddleton

:lulz: ive always been incapable of dancing to contemporary music.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 28, 2012, 08:14:38 PM
:lulz: ive always been incapable of dancing to contemporary music.

The most I can pull off is the equivelant of the goth dance from South Park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_-rhFvq5Y

Or at least that's the best way for me to stay off the radar

I can only assume that this means in 20 years or so I'll be some sort of dancing GOD.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Nephew Twiddleton

My dancing abilities consist of putting the horns in the air and moving my head rapidly in an exaggerated yes motion.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 28, 2012, 08:46:41 PM
My dancing abilities consist of putting the horns in the air and moving my head rapidly in an exaggerated yes motion.

I dance like a truck.  Specifically, a concrete truck with a bad front end, driven by a blind & intoxicated chimpanzee, through a crowded area.  The other dancers scream at me and threaten to call the cops, but I heed them not...For I am a

DANCE COMMANDER!

Nephew Twiddleton

:spittake:

in other news another heavy metal radio station and a song that mentions the astral plane and the chosen one. I should make a list of these so i dont use them ever.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ok i literally just cracked up laughing just now. If you can track it down on youtube you should listen to the begining of the last chance by tacere. The lyrics are.... Well its not all the lyrics. Its also the musical context. :lulz: