News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

WHAD'YA GIT?

Started by LMNO, December 26, 2012, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

This thread is to brag about all the cool shit your family got you, or complain about the lame shit they bought you.

I got six books:
Maryland Soups
The history of Meat
A collection of essays edited by David Foster Wallace
Willie Nelson's "Musings from the Road"
Neil Young's "Waging Peace"
Pete Townshend's "Who I Am"

Also got some snazzy clothes, a new non-stick pan, electric knife sharpener, and scotch (21 year).

The Good Reverend Roger

Laptop
Books
More books.
Some books.
A pile of books.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 26, 2012, 04:26:17 PM
This thread is to brag about all the cool shit your family got you, or complain about the lame shit they bought you.

I got six books:
Maryland Soups
The history of Meat
A collection of essays edited by David Foster Wallace
Willie Nelson's "Musings from the Road"
Neil Young's "Waging Peace"
Pete Townshend's "Who I Am"

Also got some snazzy clothes, a new non-stick pan, electric knife sharpener, and scotch (21 year).

:evil:

I haven't been able to return to that book in a week.  Ever since he used "OMG" in a sentence.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

All my books are in dead tree format, so now my briefcase will be heavier for a few months.

AFK

Resentment, passive aggressiveness, contempt.

Oh, and I also got Cosmos from my brother which is cool because I've never been able to watch the whole series.

My Mom got me some cool new shoes.

My daughter, Eris love her, got me a car freshener that smells like cologne my Grandfather would have worn back in the day.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got myself a baguette so I could have meatball sandwiches while the stores were closed. Unfortunately, that plan went awry when the baguette disappeared. I am bitter.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Bitter Baguettes for Balls made of Beast.

Anna Mae Bollocks

A lady mailed me some Mendocino caramels but I never got them.
Don't know if they were lost/delayed or confiscated.  :|
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Mom and nick got me: 6 pairs of black socks 4 black t shirts with a breast pocket $100 cash.

Aunt di got me a rather nice scarf

aunt marie got me a box of questions to ask to spark conversation as well as a $25 american express gift card.

Nana also got me a $25 amex. I doubt she was much involved with any of it other than writing the card though. I imagine that was aunt kathys doing.

Villager got me a dalek projection alarm clock and pyrex.

Pat and meaghan got me a shit ton of very spicy sauces

pete villager and i a dinner and movie combo gift card

anne marie got me an x files encyclopedia

b (villagers roommate) got me a lava lamp.

Anne maries sister and i have yet to complete the gift exchange process.

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Books.

An electronic gadget to replace an old one.

Books.

Coffee.

Books.

MMIX

Nothing. Atheists don't celebrate Xmas.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Sano

Up until now, books, RAM, pokemon emerald and a skinny jeans.
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

MMIX

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 26, 2012, 05:37:12 PM
What about giftmas?

If that comment was for me, well hmm what about giftmas? Giftmas is one of the less endearing things about the quaint old Xtianity habit. Rampant consumerism in the guise of buying people things as a kind of sympathetic magic offering to a kid who, if he existed, has been dead for 2000 years. Right.

To be absolutely honest though my son did ask me yesterday what I want for Xmas. I just emailed him a "letter to Santa" requesting he buy me a pet for my WoW characters. [Chatting on skype while we play WoW - or mostly NOT chatting on skype while we play WoW is the heart of our relationship, now he is old enough to understand the concept of companionable silence)  I think a virtual pet to share in a virtual world seems perfectly appropriate; especially since if he buys it before New Years Eve the whole purchase price will be donated to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Faust

Quote from: MMIX on December 26, 2012, 05:20:58 PM
Nothing. Atheists don't celebrate Xmas.

:p Jews like money. Mexicans are lazy.
Sleepless nights at the chateau