News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Butthurt, a Few Thoughts Concerning.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 03, 2013, 06:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Butthurt is a funny thing.  Everyone thinks that everyone else should be able to hear THEIR horrible truths, etc, without getting butthurt, but for fuck's sake, don't expose ME to THEIR shit, right?  Also, everyone thinks everyone else's butthurt is silly and juvenile, but that THEIRS is a LEGITIMATE GRIPE.

So you have people who haven't spoken directly to each other in years, on account of ancient, dusty butthurt that only they remember the reason for (or maybe not).

Discordianism:  We stick apart because there was never any other option.  OOK!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Another great thing about butthurt is that it is the tar baby out of the old Uncle Remus story.

You get a bit of butthurt, so you lash out.  And you get stuck in more of the butthurt.  Then you start putting the boot in, and before you know it, you're immobilized by the butthurt which is, I'd like to add, a condition that exists only in your own head.  You are essentially allowing yourself to be paralyzed by your monkey brain, which is obviously running your human brain around with a steering wheel jammed up its metaphorical arse.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

It's really hard for me to give up a grudge. However, I do recognize that, so I really consider the situation before I decide to go Full Grudge.

Sadly, this is what makes me so sensible and suck an throwing a full wobbler, and why I suck at trolling.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 03, 2013, 06:44:35 PM
It's really hard for me to give up a grudge. However, I do recognize that, so I really consider the situation before I decide to go Full Grudge.

Sadly, this is what makes me so sensible and suck an throwing a full wobbler, and why I suck at trolling.

I am the opposite...I will go FULL FUCKING POTATO in a heartbeat, but by the next day, I've forgotten all about it.  My grudges may have some level of infamy attached to them, but they're actually very rare.  Hugh, Lauren, Eldora, Eric, Captain Utopia, Uncle BadTouch...That's really about it.

Rage is more satisfying than butthurt. 

Anna Mae Bollocks

Eric...?
Maybe I'm brain farting, but I don't recall Eric. Was that Tent?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on April 03, 2013, 08:06:50 PM
Eric...?

Way before your time.

Look at members "Great Teacher Largo" and "Rupert Giles".  Squick.

navkat

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 03, 2013, 06:44:35 PM

Hear-hear!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 08:07:27 PM
Eric...?

Way before your time.

Regurgitated whiteboi Buddhism, a failed attempt to post your IP...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on April 03, 2013, 08:15:47 PM
Eric...?

Way before your time.

And, under "Eric", an attempt to put the moves on Medeo's 9 year old sister, followed by endless rationalizations as to why that sort of thing is okay.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 08:18:14 PM
Quote from: stelz on April 03, 2013, 08:15:47 PM
Eric...?

Way before your time.

And, under "Eric", an attempt to put the moves on Medeo's 9 year old sister, followed by endless rationalizations as to why that sort of thing is okay.

EXPLOSIVE.

PROJECTILE.

VOMIT.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I must have misinterpreted something, because that sounded like someone knowingly hit on a 9 year old and then argued that it was an okay thing to do.

navkat

It takes a lot for me to "let 'er rip" on someone. Confrontation, conflict, generally make me turn inward. I either start assessing what I did wrong or how I might have been misunderstood. When all else fails, I exit: either because I'm hurt/insulted or pissed and no good can come of either of those or because I feel persecuted and hide.

I really don't troll much anymore because it requires SO MUCH ENERGY. In order to be any good at it, I have employ some "method actor" techniques where I get into a character role and abandon my own good sense. This is grrreat on the internet where the whole anonymity thing makes it easier to "pretend to be an asshole." I'm a better "lone wolf" troll because it's difficult to keep my shit straight when people who know me are in the same soup. At some point, it it feels like "just arguing" as a team sport.

A lot of my characters are like female "GIGGLES" characters ("look at mah bewbz!") who are rooted in fragments of my personality but I have my own gang of religious nuts, feminazis, militant-liberals and weirdos swimming around in here.

I made the mistake once of trying to introduce "drug liberty" rants in a Minutemen forum, using their own anti-government shit against them just to see where that went. It was easy because I was just taking a topic I cared about at that time and turning up the volume to induce cognitive dissonance. I was promptly walled out and shut down. Those fuckers are paranoid.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 03, 2013, 08:31:47 PM
I must have misinterpreted something, because that sounded like someone knowingly hit on a 9 year old and then argued that it was an okay thing to do.

No, you nailed it in one.

He isn't here anymore, under any of his monikers. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat: navkat of...navkat! on April 03, 2013, 08:34:21 PM
I really don't troll much anymore because it requires SO MUCH ENERGY.

Lassitude breeds lassitude.

navkat

But to get back on-topic of Butthurt: I have some personal feelings about this here but if I out them, people are going to get butthurt.