News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Be... prepared?  For a (what sounds like) major uprooting?  Ridiculous!  You should thank your job for being so much like it is, because at this rate you'll never forget half the things you need for your move.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2013, 05:09:56 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 06, 2013, 09:51:13 PM
Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on June 06, 2013, 09:00:45 PM
:lulz:

Pinko European medicine: slow, but free.

Exactly how I like my women.

Also, if I manage to get a good night's sleep tonight, I have had ideas for fiction, which I may follow up on.  I may also get around to responding to the 20+ PMs I am now ignoring.  Stay tuned.

Hahaha no.

Got woken up at 3:30 this morning by two medical emergencies, had to spend an hour outside in the cold, waiting for an ambulance to arrive.  I probably don't have hypothermia, but only because of my time spent in Scotland.

Oh god.  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'm also looking at pursuing a formal complaint against the emergency services.  I reported we had a student out in the cold, unable to move and in severe pain and distress.  She also had stomach and chest pains.

It took an hour for an ambulance to arrive.  An hour.  And the paramedics said they only got the call themselves four minutes before they arrived. So for 56 minutes, they were totally cool with a highly distressed, frightened girl far from home possibly dying on the streets and, as far as I can tell, only gave in because I wouldn't stop calling them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2013, 05:46:50 AM
I'm also looking at pursuing a formal complaint against the emergency services.  I reported we had a student out in the cold, unable to move and in severe pain and distress.  She also had stomach and chest pains.

It took an hour for an ambulance to arrive.  An hour.  And the paramedics said they only got the call themselves four minutes before they arrived. So for 56 minutes, they were totally cool with a highly distressed, frightened girl far from home possibly dying on the streets and, as far as I can tell, only gave in because I wouldn't stop calling them.

Holy shit, that is INCREDIBLY fucked up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Man, if i dont get good sleep after 2 days in a row i either go into zombie mode, cynical-asshole, or pass out at some random place, so i guess passing out is the healthier of the three choices.

Good thing is that i have tinfoil on my windows (helps with the aliens and the NSA too :tinfoilhat:), so if i did a 24-36 hour run i can fall asleep with nothing unnatural such as the sunshine bothering me.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Don Coyote

The fuck is wrong with them?

The Johnny

Negligence much?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

I've said to my boss I want to pursue a formal complaint in regards to this.

Nothing will happen though, so I'll have to do it personally.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My loser ex's latest charming thing: He texted me this evening, saying "I need Juliet to be grounded from computer, phone, and friends for the next two days for her disrespectful tone to me in a couple of texts".

It turns out she told him to "chill" about something.

Yeah, I'll get RIGHT on that.

Freeky

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 07, 2013, 06:00:52 AM
My loser ex's latest charming thing: He texted me this evening, saying "I need Juliet to be grounded from computer, phone, and friends for the next two days for her disrespectful tone to me in a couple of texts".

Christ, what an asshole.

Don Coyote

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 07, 2013, 06:00:52 AM

STOP UNDERMINING HIS AUTHORITY!!!!!
STOP SUPPORTING YOUR DAUGHTER IN HER MISANDERY!!!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I should suggest he start a Pagan forum.

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm at this weird point where, I have more alcohol in my glass, but, I don't want it.

This is, as I am sure you all know, a rare thing. But... I don't want it anymore.

Twid,
Absinthe
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Damn. Your ambulnce service sounds like SEGUIN.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division