News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

HEY OREGON, WE'RE JUST AS WEIRD AS YOU ARE!

Started by East Coast Hustle, June 20, 2013, 09:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 16, 2014, 03:24:21 PM
Yep. Portland was cheap as shit to live in for me when I was there (at least, compared to Seattle or New England), I just had to make my money in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STATE.

You can totally buy a house for $300k, but GOOD LUCK PAYING FOR IT. That's Portland.

Also, very very Portland is that FEMA looked at our floodplains and was like "You're on your own".

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20140317/NEWS01/140319323/1049/Evergreen-Way-in-Everett-reopens-after-grenade-threat-

QuoteThe incident began with a 4 a.m. traffic stop in the 10800 block of Evergreen Way. A 26-year-old Everett man was riding a motor scooter that had been reported stolen, Everett police spokesman Aaron Snell said. The bomb squad was called and all but one lane of the road closed to traffic after the man said he had a grenade strapped under the seat.

OK EVERYBODY, YOU CAN PROCEED SLOWLY ONE-BY-ONE, JUST KNOW THAT YOU MIGHT GET BLOWN UP BY A GRENADE.

:lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 17, 2014, 04:25:01 PM
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20140317/NEWS01/140319323/1049/Evergreen-Way-in-Everett-reopens-after-grenade-threat-

QuoteThe incident began with a 4 a.m. traffic stop in the 10800 block of Evergreen Way. A 26-year-old Everett man was riding a motor scooter that had been reported stolen, Everett police spokesman Aaron Snell said. The bomb squad was called and all but one lane of the road closed to traffic after the man said he had a grenade strapped under the seat.

OK EVERYBODY, YOU CAN PROCEED SLOWLY ONE-BY-ONE, JUST KNOW THAT YOU MIGHT GET BLOWN UP BY A GRENADE.

:lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As far as I can tell, nothing much happened in Portland today.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, one of my good friends that lives in Belltown woke up to it. Sounds like it's all blood and chaos down there today.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't imagine being the poor dude in the hospital after a HELICOPTER CRASHED INTO HIS CAR.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 09:25:52 PM
I can't imagine being the poor dude in the hospital after a HELICOPTER CRASHED INTO HIS CAR.

There's precedent.  In a sick sort of way.

Southwest flight 1248:  Never sing Christmas carols until you get to Granny's house.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 19, 2014, 12:02:41 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

There's precedent.  In a sick sort of way.

Southwest flight 1248:  Never sing Christmas carols until you get to Granny's house.

Aww. :( :( :(

Portland had one of those, but it was a long long time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_173

I was 7 when this happened, and I remember grown-ups telling me that it was totally normal for airplanes to land on city streets when they run out of fuel.

THANKS GROWNUPS, FOR INSTILLING A TERROR OF INCOMING AIRPLANES THAT LASTED FOR YEARS.

The lot where the house was destroyed is still owned by United Airlines, so I hear.

East Coast Hustle

I feel like this SHOULD have happened in Oregon, only it couldn't have because you wouldn't even get pulled over for that in the first place: http://www.myfoxmaine.com/story/25607292/pantless-driver-says-manzilian-irritated-skin

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 28, 2014, 02:05:04 PM
I feel like this SHOULD have happened in Oregon, only it couldn't have because you wouldn't even get pulled over for that in the first place: http://www.myfoxmaine.com/story/25607292/pantless-driver-says-manzilian-irritated-skin

:lulz: So true. In Oregon, pants are optional.