News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 07:13:43 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 07:09:34 PM
Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 07:08:50 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 06:58:30 PM
Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 06:58:07 PM
No, that's not how diversion works.

So, no records are kept?

Records are kept when you get your teeth cleaned.

Yeah, obviously if you are diverted to a treatment program, that program is going to have records on your services there.

Will the courts?  Will they show up on a background check?

It's going to depend on the crime, and will certainly vary from state to state.  Here in Maine youth who are arrested for a non-violent, simple possession drug crime will not have anything on their record if they successfully complete a diversion program.

What about an adult?
Molon Lube

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Both assume a prosecutor actually takes up the case and doesn't just throw it out from the beginning.

tyrannosaurus vex

Will identifying fingerprint (or DNA) information about the subject collected during this legal non-event be retained and accessible against future investigations? Will the subject be compensated for lost work or emotional distress? Will there be a law in place prohibiting employers or schools from taking punitive action against the subject for missing time?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: V3X on August 12, 2013, 07:28:30 PM
Will identifying fingerprint (or DNA) information about the subject collected during this legal non-event be retained and accessible against future investigations? Will the subject be compensated for lost work or emotional distress? Will there be a law in place prohibiting employers or schools from taking punitive action against the subject for missing time?

See, I'm calling bullshit on "no records kept".

Let's see the little stoner get a security clearance 10 years later.  Ain't happening.
Molon Lube

AFK

If you live in an at-will state an employer can fire you for looking at them the wrong way. 

AFK

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 07:29:39 PM

Let's see the little stoner get a security clearance 10 years later.  Ain't happening.

See, but now you and Vex are advocating forcing your "drugs are no big deal" ideals on others.  There are private organizations and firms who very much don't want to hire someone who uses mind altering substances.  What right do you have to force your opinions on them?

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 07:32:03 PM
If you live in an at-will state an employer can fire you for looking at them the wrong way. 

Translation:
QuoteJunkies deserve what they get. If they happen to be living check to check and get fired for legal problems and become destitute, well, they should have thought about that before they crossed me.

Junkenstein

Check thread

26 pages in.

See the word "drugs"

NOPE.

Enjoy your 100 pages of bullshit.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 12, 2013, 07:37:21 PM
Check thread

26 pages in.

See the word "drugs"

NOPE.

Enjoy your 100 pages of bullshit.

This is the correct answer.
But I'm so weak.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 07:35:25 PM

See, but now you and Vex are advocating forcing your "drugs are no big deal" ideals on others.  There are private organizations and firms who very much don't want to hire someone who uses mind altering substances.  What right do you have to force your opinions on them?

So there ARE records.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 07:39:24 PM

So there ARE records.

There's no reason to force your false "exists/doesn't exist" dichotomy on innocent fascists, Dok.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: V3X on August 12, 2013, 07:41:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 07:39:24 PM

So there ARE records.

There's no reason to force your false "exists/doesn't exist" dichotomy on innocent fascists, Dok.

Yep.  It's a good thing the corporations have RWHN there to watch out for them.

:lulz:

So, basically, "diversion" is just a re-brand for "FUCKED FOREVER".

Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

I mean, what happened to "what you do on your own time is your thing, just don't show up at work plastered to the wall trying to operate the forklift" ?
Since when did it become my employer's business what the fuck I do when they're not paying me for my time?
Oh, right, I forgot. I'm not a person, I'm a revenue machine. I exist solely to serve the will of the assholes behind the desks in City Hall and the Executive Floor.