News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Miley Cyrus, Pedobear, and the Hollywood Spectacle

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 27, 2013, 08:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, took a quick look, and I don't see anyone saying she's doing this as a charity event.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 08:32:28 PM
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 07, 2013, 08:05:26 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 07:38:41 PM
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 07, 2013, 07:38:00 PM
"I hate the paparazzi — but when they're not sitting there waiting for you, you're like ‘Who's bigger news? Who are you trying to get a picture of?’”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/miley-cyrus-marijuana-weed-best-drug-earth-article-1.1469517#ixzz2h3x602WI

:pokewithstick:

And?

It's like I said from the beginning, she's going after eye-balls.  Whatever symbols she can throw out there to get them she will.  Have you read the RS article?  It, and her whole approach, can easily be summed up in a simple phrase, "Hey everybody, look at me!".

Which makes sense because she's an entertainer, that's what they are paid to do.

Yeah, and I don't think anyone's denied that she's paid to do so.  What we are saying is that she's taking the piss.  You seem to think these are mutually exclusive things, because apparently Miley Cyrus is something less than a human being, and can't possibly do such a thing.

He's projecting. I mean, you smack him all over PD, he just keeps popping back up, but there's nothing between his ears and he's oblivious to the fact that he looks REALLY MORONIC.

I have come to the conclusion that RWHN is a bop bag. Except the bop bag would probably fill out a suit better.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cainad (dec.)

Yeah, and I don't think anyone's denied that she's paid to do so.  What we are saying is that she's taking the piss.  You seem to think these are mutually exclusive things, because apparently Miley Cyrus is something less than a human being, and can't possibly do such a thing.
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 08:33:21 PM
Yeah, took a quick look, and I don't see anyone saying she's doing this as a charity event.   :lulz:

Of course she's making money while braying laughter in everyone's faces.

:bob:

Give "Bob" one good reason why she shouldn't.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on October 07, 2013, 08:41:29 PM

It's not art if you're not starving.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 07, 2013, 08:05:26 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 07:38:41 PM
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 07, 2013, 07:38:00 PM
"I hate the paparazzi — but when they're not sitting there waiting for you, you're like 'Who's bigger news? Who are you trying to get a picture of?'"

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/miley-cyrus-marijuana-weed-best-drug-earth-article-1.1469517#ixzz2h3x602WI

:pokewithstick:

And?

It's like I said from the beginning, she's going after eye-balls.  Whatever symbols she can throw out there to get them she will.  Have you read the RS article?  It, and her whole approach, can easily be summed up in a simple phrase, "Hey everybody, look at me!".

Which makes sense because she's an entertainer, that's what they are paid to do.

I don' think they are mutually exclusive, I think people are falling prey to Lo5 regarding the "taking the piss" thing.  It falls apart when you read the RS interview where she clearly NEEDS and CRAVES the attention as much as any other Hollywood type.  I mean, for chrissakes, she's comparing herself to Michael Jackson saying she wants people to hold her albums in the same legendary status as his.  She isn't rebelling or speaking out against anything.  She WANTS that shit.

I'm really shocked that everyone is missing what is so painfully obvious.  It's really bizarre to me that so many of you are so desperate to claim her as your Discordian Troll Queen, that you can't see how she completely encapsulates everything that is so garishly fucked up with mainstream pop culture.

But this is one spag's opinion. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 08:41:58 PM

Right. Only the penniless artist can be subversive.

Social SatireTM and Screwing With The MachineTM are brands owned by Starving Artists, LLC.

Making money while doing these things, especially if being paid through large corporations, is subcultural appropriation, and will be dealt with using the angriest bloggers available.

AFK

Strawman.  Pink Floyd made (and still makes) huge bank on art.  Of course, DSoTM was an actual purposeful commentary, and not an unaware accidental one.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 07, 2013, 08:47:44 PM
I don' think they are mutually exclusive, I think people are falling prey to Lo5 regarding the "taking the piss" thing.  It falls apart when you read the RS interview where she clearly NEEDS and CRAVES the attention as much as any other Hollywood type.  I mean, for chrissakes, she's comparing herself to Michael Jackson saying she wants people to hold her albums in the same legendary status as his.  She isn't rebelling or speaking out against anything.  She WANTS that shit.

Again, not mutually exclusive.  She can enjoy the spotlight while fucking with the audience.

QuoteI'm really shocked that everyone is missing what is so painfully obvious.  It's really bizarre to me that so many of you are so desperate to claim her as your Discordian Troll Queen, that you can't see how she completely encapsulates everything that is so garishly fucked up with mainstream pop culture.

Which is kind of the whole point.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 07, 2013, 08:49:40 PM

Strawman.  Pink Floyd made (and still makes) huge bank on art.  Of course, DSoTM was an actual purposeful commentary, and not an unaware accidental one.

Pink Floyd was about as subversive as my grandmother.

ETA:  My grandmother at least didn't whine, which is about all Roger Waters has ever been good for.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on October 07, 2013, 08:48:07 PM

Social SatireTM and Screwing With The MachineTM are brands owned by Starving Artists, LLC.

Making money while doing these things, especially if being paid through large corporations, is subcultural appropriation, and will be dealt with using the angriest bloggers available.

And a resounding denouncement from the holding-your-smokes-backwards smooth jazz crowd, which is - as it ought to be - bowel-liquifyingly terrifying.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 07, 2013, 08:47:44 PMI'm really shocked that everyone is missing what is so painfully obvious.  It's really bizarre to me that so many of you are so desperate to claim her as your Discordian Troll Queen, that you can't see how she completely encapsulates everything that is so garishly fucked up with mainstream pop culture.

I don't even know what Your Discordia looks like.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 07, 2013, 08:52:37 PM
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on October 07, 2013, 08:47:44 PMI'm really shocked that everyone is missing what is so painfully obvious.  It's really bizarre to me that so many of you are so desperate to claim her as your Discordian Troll Queen, that you can't see how she completely encapsulates everything that is so garishly fucked up with mainstream pop culture.

I don't even know what Your Discordia looks like.

Perfectly straight lines, with some improv playing over the loudspeakers.

Cain

-

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 08:52:04 PM

And a resounding denouncement from the holding-your-smokes-backwards smooth jazz crowd, which is - as it ought to be - bowel-liquifyingly terrifying.

Just WAIT until my buddy living in Hairy Steve's basement publishes my scathing essay about your SELLOUT in his 'zine!

Then you'll be sorry.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on October 07, 2013, 08:54:44 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 08:52:04 PM

Just WAIT until my buddy living in Hairy Steve's basement publishes my scathing essay about your SELLOUT in his 'zine!

Then you'll be sorry.

I shall rend my beret in shame.   :sad: