News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

An Open Letter To RWHN

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 06, 2013, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: I, Regulator on September 06, 2013, 08:55:12 PM
My advice is for people to stop attempting to get me to SHUT UP, because they disagree with me. 

Because:

A). It's not ever going to work

and

B). Practice what you preach

What advice would you give to people who said shit like "Hey, y'all, why dont you stop acting like RWHN is a saturday morning cartoon villain because his opinion differs?" and then got shit on with everybody else, you pathetic, spiraling little puke?

Ah, nevermind, just keep on keeping on.

I certainly don't want you to stop, I'd love nothing more for you to alienate every single person on this board. Then, maybe, when you finally do pull your massively big head out of your tight ass, it'll be nice and too fucking late.

So, please, PLEASE, don't shut up.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Kai on September 06, 2013, 09:07:30 PM
I don't like tolerance anyway. I much prefer the "don't be an asshole" rule.

THIS! Tolerance is how you talk to a child.

Pæs

I don't give any fucks about RWHN's stance on drugs. If he wasn't the "My Discordia is shitting all over everyone because I lump them in with whoever the actual aggressors are" guy, I would quite happily go back to interacting with him like he wasn't that guy.

Pæs

But if that "I've accomplished more than you could ever dream", "Evil has no time for kitties, it diminishes our badness" guy is who RWHN is (as far as can be determined here), he can fuck off forever.

Count Chocula

Quote from: Delcon on September 07, 2013, 02:59:04 AM
Quote from: I, Regulator on September 06, 2013, 07:53:56 PM
No.

I'm all for a two-way truce. 

But I'm not on board with "we get to continue to be asshats and you just have to take it."

I will move if others move.

Compromise.

Not selling myself out.

Hate to say it, but he's got a point here. Odd to see anti-fascist in the OP, considering it could have been written by Mussolini himself.

Just "clean up" and move my post wherever you want to, Benito. Do it. Prove me right over and over again. Go ahead and run wild, without any repercussions or a second thought from any of the other "admins." Whoever owns this site must be really scared of you. Either that or they don't want to put up with your drama. Stripping you of your Principia Dictatorship would be like taking candy from a baby. Crack from Lamar Odom. Cock from Andy Cohen. Cupcakes from Jessica Simpson...... Total meltdown ensues.

THE ULTIMATE BUTTHURT

East Coast Hustle

Or the rest of us just think it's funny when guys like you go on a crusade.

As for being scared of Roger, well, the parched and burnt landscape around Tucson is proof of what happens when he's full of vindaloo. Any reasonable man would be a least a little, shall we say, concerned by that and I am nothing if not a reasonable man.

:lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Pæs

You can't run a Rebel Leader troll, Delcon, unless you have the good will of the populace. A Rebel Leader without any rebels is just some asshat fighting the power.  :FFF:

If you bait moderation in such a way that everyone approves of your moderation, you make no change. If you don't have majority consensus, which you don't, any rebellion you start is (a minor irritant of) a threat to the status-quo (where the status-quo is threads not being interrupted by "didn't read" gifs). The community acquiesce to use of force against your dissent and the hegemony reasserts itself.

You're hopelessly alone in your rebellion and incapable of convincing anyone to take your side which is why you will always fail.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I find him hilarious, to tell the truth. I can't tell if it's trolling or satire but I've been reading it as satire.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I like him alot better than most of our trolls so far. I actually do wish his post ITT had been left in place because it was even funnier in context.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Count Chocula

Quote from: Balls Wellington on September 07, 2013, 10:00:56 AM
I like him alot better than most of our trolls so far. I actually do wish his post ITT had been left in place because it was even funnier in context.

Make a stand. Just once

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: it really was. In fact, I felt it contributed positively to the conversation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Delcon on September 07, 2013, 05:35:34 PM

Make a stand. Just once

Not required.  You're free to post as you see fit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Count Chocula

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 07, 2013, 07:34:05 PM
Quote from: Delcon on September 07, 2013, 05:35:34 PM

Make a stand. Just once

Not required.  You're free to post as you see fit.

Thanks Benny

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: I, Regulator on September 06, 2013, 08:55:12 PM
My advice is for people to stop attempting to get me to SHUT UP, because they disagree with me. 

Because:

A). It's not ever going to work

and

B). Practice what you preach

RWHN,

I've never tried to make you shut up. I don't think I've ever resorted to personal attacks when we've discussed "The Topic". It used to be that when we discussed "The Topic" both sides would move a little. I, for example, accepted that about 7-10 percent of marijuana users can develop an addiction. I've always supported your position that recreational marijuana should be regulated to reduce exposure to kids. I remember when you conceeded that the stories of weed laced with 'evil drug x' and pot baggies mixed with glass powder were obviously u8rban myths you'd been told something wrong by your peers at that conference. We didn't come to any agreement about the topic, but those threads seemed interesting, informative and entertaining. In the past year or so, its all turned to screeching. You seem to have abandoned any ability to conceed valid points from the opposition and you continue to make statements that are either not well supported or supported only by groups with a specific agenda.

Now, all that being said, there's another point here as well. Sometimes, topics on PD turn into shit. No matter how intersting or nice both sides of a debate mioght be, the debate itself always turns to nasty nasty business. I enjoy discussing "magic", "anarchism" etc. but I don't jump in everytime the topics come up here, because A) people know what I think and B) I know what kind of mess will result. Just because a thread mentions drugs, legalization, etc. It doesn't mean you need to voice your opinion on it. We know your opinion on it. It would be different if you were bringing in an additional perspective (like Cain does with various political topics) but your posts don't do that... or at least haven't done that in quite awhile.

I think you've taken the PD response a bit too personally. PD doesn't respond well to the same old tired argument... but thats a response to the argument, not the poster. as I had to learn myself.

Now, all that being said, personally, given the nature of the drug situation at this point... I would love to see your arguments join the 21st century. Its obvious that marijuana legalization is going to happen, at least in some states, if not everywhere. Why not take the debate there? OK, marijuana is going to be legalized, HOW do we protect kids? HOW do we regulate? What could we reasonably expect as side effects of this? What are the positives, what are the negatives and wht can we do NOW as things change to make it the least harmful scenario? Imagine, if there were a bunch of top notch brains having this debate as alcohol prohibition was ending... what could have been do then that would have benefitted society as alcohol was reintroduced? What kind of education can we give kids NOW, based on facts rather than scare tactics?

Those are a raft of undiscussed topics, ripe for legitimate debate.

I miss debating the drugs topic with you... I'm really tired of the mess we've all been in for the past year+
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO