News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

An Open Letter To RWHN

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 06, 2013, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 12, 2013, 05:36:42 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on September 12, 2013, 05:19:57 PM
but I didn't think it was really intentional.

You've been gone for a while.

It's true, I don't read everything around here anymore.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on September 12, 2013, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 12, 2013, 05:04:00 PM
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on September 10, 2013, 06:27:11 PM
Treaty signed.   

I knew when you insisted on referring to this thread as a "truce" or a "treaty" that what you had in mind was just generating a respite in which to set up another, different kind of thread-killing BULLSHIT.

So now it's a passive-aggressive combination of strawman arguments and monotonous repetition of the SAME FUCKING THING, over and over again, until the offending thread (ie, one by Nigel or myself) withers up and fucking dies.

You can take your fucking "treaty" and shove it right up your diseased ass, muppet-boy.

Oh, and you dropped this:

Did I miss something? I saw the Miley thread, but that just looked like a discussion...

It was.  I was intentionally discussing the topic.  Viewing the videos, reading the links, and discussing my view.  But it feels like a difference of opinion isn't welcome for some reason.  I've been civil, haven't called anyone names.  Though I've been labled a snob and now a retard.

So yeah, it's all my fault, or something.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on September 12, 2013, 05:55:12 PM
It was.  I was intentionally discussing the topic.  Viewing the videos, reading the links, and discussing my view.  But it feels like a difference of opinion isn't welcome for some reason.  I've been civil, haven't called anyone names.  Though I've been labled a snob and now a retard.

So yeah, it's all my fault, or something.

You were deliberately trolling, Beaker.  :lulz:

You just used a slightly different tactic, on the same old targets.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Whether or not you were deliberately trolling, you totally posted the same thing over and over and over. I didn't jump into that thread until just now because I didn't want to be in the middle of the argument.

Salty

Hey, ypu can't account for style.

That's just his style, dudes. I, for one, am totally willing to accept that.

Totally.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It was basically "I don't see it so you don't, either" over and over and over again.

Fine, we disagree. No need to go on repeating the same disagreement as if it somehow nullifies what everyone else is noticing.

It was a little like someone walking into a discussion about the effect of chronic stress on dopamine receptors and repeating "I don't get it, I don't see how that is, it looks the same as any other brain" until all that remains of the conversation is people trying to explain the basics of receptor attrition and the guy saying "I just don't see it, I don't think you guys know what you're talking about". Original, interesting conversation dead, remaining conversation frustrating and unproductive.

Fine, I get that's just his MO now. I will only ask that the rest of you don't let him derail threads that I start, OK? By which I mean, if he starts repeating the same objection over and over, just let it go.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 12, 2013, 06:04:55 PM
Whether or not you were deliberately trolling, you totally posted the same thing over and over and over. I didn't jump into that thread until just now because I didn't want to be in the middle of the argument.

No.  Actually not accurate.

And I was discussing, and not arguing with anyone.  TGRR is the one who decided to blow a gasket and go nutty.  Eh, I agreed to the treaty but that doesn't mean I'm not going to offer dissenting opinions when I have them.

But I'll say in this thread what I specifically avoided saying in the other thread to really blow it up.

Which is, I think Miley Cyrus is a talentless tool.  I say this as a father of a daughter who followed her career.  I've seen the Hannah Montanna movie more times than I care to say.  Saw pretty much every Hannah Montanna episode and have heard way too many of her songs.  She is an awful awkward actress.  Her "acting" in that video is just as awful as what she did for Disney. 

I think the VMA thing looked awkward and unsexy because I think she just plain sucks.  She definitely did leave an important element out.  It's called talent.  Looks like she inherited her "talent" from her dad.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's fine. How many dozens of times are you going to shout it into the conversation of people who think otherwise. You are entitled to your opinion. You stated it. Good job.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Maybe as many times as you guys stated your opinion over and over again?  I brought up all kinds of angles and comparisons.  I disagreed with the prevailing opinion, you guys seemed to be offended by that which is complete nonsense.  Look, if a thread is only allowed to have the choir post, just say so. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Okay. I am going to ask you to state one thing. What is the title of that thread?

LMNO

Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on September 13, 2013, 02:25:31 AM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 12, 2013, 06:04:55 PM

No.  Actually not accurate.

And I was discussing, and not arguing with anyone.  TGRR is the one who decided to blow a gasket and go nutty.  Eh, I agreed to the treaty but that doesn't mean I'm not going to offer dissenting opinions when I have them.

But I'll say in this thread what I specifically avoided saying in the other thread

LMNO

LMNO

You seem to have missed the posts where people have taken your perspective, and suggested that her past apparent lack of talent, nor her presumed intentions, have little to do with what actually happened.

I'd suggest you focus on the former rather than the latter.

LMNO

The latter being focusing on peoe who directly oppose your POV.