Author Topic: Unified Vidya Games thread  (Read 106342 times)

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: Unified Vidya Games thread
« Reply #765 on: November 11, 2019, 07:28:59 pm »
The number of these references I actually get is kinda depressing. Go on, ask me about House Redoran Gravity Control.

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #766 on: November 11, 2019, 07:35:33 pm »
You sure this isn't a cross-post from Qanon?

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 11, 2019, 07:36:57 pm »
I guarantee that at least 50% of that is reference to actual lore or theories derived from lore.

Yes, even the moon cum vaults.

nullified

• A Pile of Soggy Bird Carcasses
  • Deserved It
  • I WILL EXILE VIOLATORS TO THE PISS-VOID
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 11, 2019, 08:01:26 pm »
“Dunmer were Dwemer” was one that made a stupid amount of sense. It was literally the unspoken plan of Morrowind: House Dagoth were given Dwemeri knowledge and theming for that reason. There’s in fact confirmation from developers leading up to the Morrowind release about this (archived on The Imperial Library).

I’m kind of disappointed they didn’t go that route long run. Especially given the Ashlander/Old Velothi linguistic ties to Sumerian (which strictly matches the Ancient Mesopotamian style of the Dwemer).
“I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me.”

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 12, 2019, 03:36:14 pm »
They also sat on the Chimer High Council as Great House Dwemer.

One I don't see mentioned, which I always liked, is that Vahlok the Jailer's mask was Konahrik. We only meet one named dragon priest in the whole game who doesn't have a mask, and it just happens to be the one that not only kicked Miraak's arse so hard he went hiding behind Hermaeus Mora's skirts, but who was also given Solstheim and, apparently, ruled justly and with honour.

Also consider Vahlok means "guardian". What does Konahrik do? "When low on health, has a chance to heal the wearer and damage nearby enemies, or summon a powerful Dragon Priest defender."