News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 16, 2014, 07:25:44 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 05:19:43 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 11, 2014, 10:31:03 PM
So I don't know if I posted about this or if I did and erased it or whatever so forgive me if this is a repeat. Or not, whatevs.

I have a lump on my chest. Directly below the point of my right collar bone. It started out as a tiny annoying bump that got written off as a clogged pore or whatever. I forget when this was. And it stayed small for a long time, and invisible to the naked eye, but recently it has started growing. Last month it was smaller than my pinky-fingertip. Yesterday it fit under my index fingertip. Today it does not.

So doctor's appointment for me. And what the hell, I may as well get a pap smear too. Damn it.

Jesus.

I hope it's just an annoying abscess or something.

Doctor appointment went well-ish.

Got antibiotics to see if that takes care of the lump thing. He's pretty convinced it is just an abscess. Of all the shit we discussed today, that was the LEAST of his concerns about my health. God damn it. He's also pretty convinced a large super shiny mole he freeze-nuked was NOT just a mole. Annnnnd I need to find a gyno and/or reproductive endocrinewhatsit for my woman-bit healthcare from here on out because -unnecessary TMI- and he's not going to touch it with a ten-foot pole. God damn it.

If the antibiotics don't work on the chest-decoration and/or it doesn't sprout a Pepsi logo, I go back in and he'll do whatever it is they do to non-Pepsi oriented lumpy bits.

And I didn't have a gigantic panic attack, snap, and beat the shit out of random people; so that's good.

If you need someone to chat with out the women-bit issue, give me a holler, k?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

If it allows me to shoot Electronic Arts in the face, I'm sold.

Thanks to an outdated page on their site that they failed to remove, I signed up with a third company to access a form (copyright stuff, for the Youtubes).  Said company is now virtually harassing me, and mysteriously, all their automated "be taken off our contact list" site stuff is not working.

I've just spent half an hour finding relevant information on harassment law in the UK, USA and Switzerland and mailing it to their primary contact with me, to make my point abundantly clear.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 16, 2014, 07:25:44 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 05:19:43 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 11, 2014, 10:31:03 PM
So I don't know if I posted about this or if I did and erased it or whatever so forgive me if this is a repeat. Or not, whatevs.

I have a lump on my chest. Directly below the point of my right collar bone. It started out as a tiny annoying bump that got written off as a clogged pore or whatever. I forget when this was. And it stayed small for a long time, and invisible to the naked eye, but recently it has started growing. Last month it was smaller than my pinky-fingertip. Yesterday it fit under my index fingertip. Today it does not.

So doctor's appointment for me. And what the hell, I may as well get a pap smear too. Damn it.

Jesus.

I hope it's just an annoying abscess or something.

Doctor appointment went well-ish.

Got antibiotics to see if that takes care of the lump thing. He's pretty convinced it is just an abscess. Of all the shit we discussed today, that was the LEAST of his concerns about my health. God damn it. He's also pretty convinced a large super shiny mole he freeze-nuked was NOT just a mole. Annnnnd I need to find a gyno and/or reproductive endocrinewhatsit for my woman-bit healthcare from here on out because -unnecessary TMI- and he's not going to touch it with a ten-foot pole. God damn it.

If the antibiotics don't work on the chest-decoration and/or it doesn't sprout a Pepsi logo, I go back in and he'll do whatever it is they do to non-Pepsi oriented lumpy bits.

And I didn't have a gigantic panic attack, snap, and beat the shit out of random people; so that's good.

If you need someone to chat with out the women-bit issue, give me a holler, k?

Thank you very much. I will be taking you up on this as soon as I get some more information.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 03:19:23 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 16, 2014, 03:12:04 PM
Tangentially related is this FB update by Stephen King:

"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle."

Partially true.

We also breed like roaches.

Humans : Bad-ass mo-fos who will stick their wang in anythang.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Suu on January 15, 2014, 10:07:04 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 15, 2014, 09:38:42 PM
I just got offered a job.

Or, rather, I just got offered my old old job back with a whole bunch of shiny new enticements, the most important of which is that it would be year-round.

Naturally, I just signed a one year renewal on my lease yesterday. And I'm nowhere near certain I want to take the offer. But I'm not happy with my current employers and if this is what it's presented to be I'd pretty much instantly walking into a situation in which I'd have the chance to make an actual mark on the culinary landscape of the region, and probably make a half-decent living as well. And the offer included the offer of prime bartending shifts to ECHGF if she were to be interested, and that's one of the most lucrative bartending gigs in all of eastern Maine. So I'm going to try to fly out there in a couple months when they're opening up for the season and see if there's any truth to what I'm hearing. I'm also hoping to see if I can postpone making a decision until this summer or even later on the condition that I'm willing to help with the winterization work this fall since the real crux of the proposed plans can't assume its final form until that's all done anyway. Interesting shit is happening one way or another.

If that happens, I will be up there to see you. Being that we'll be practically living in the same state. Technically. Maybe. We're still looking in New Hampshire for tax (or lack there of) purposes. It just seems more lucrative to live in a state where you don't pay income taxes if you're only going to be there for a year. Not that there's much of a difference between Kittery, Portsmouth, or Newburyport anyway, aside from the amount the state wants to gouge you for. Though I can't see Maine being nearly as bad as Rhode Island.

Maine has a state income tax but you'll get most if not all of it back. Sales tax is 5% (maybe 5.5 now?) except for on prepared food and lodging, when it's 7%.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sita

After 12 years my husband has finally gotten tired of me being a socially awkward person and has arranged for us to hang out with some friends from his work.
He's hoping that since they also like gaming and Doctor Who and things of that nature that it will bring me out of my shell.

Because apparently I need to figure out how to talk to people in the real world and not just online or something.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sita on January 16, 2014, 05:36:37 PM
After 12 years my husband has finally gotten tired of me being a socially awkward person and has arranged for us to hang out with some friends from his work.
He's hoping that since they also like gaming and Doctor Who and things of that nature that it will bring me out of my shell.

Because apparently I need to figure out how to talk to people in the real world and not just online or something.

I was all, damn, sorry Sita, that blows, until I got to the second part.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 16, 2014, 05:31:16 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 15, 2014, 10:07:04 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 15, 2014, 09:38:42 PM
I just got offered a job.

Or, rather, I just got offered my old old job back with a whole bunch of shiny new enticements, the most important of which is that it would be year-round.

Naturally, I just signed a one year renewal on my lease yesterday. And I'm nowhere near certain I want to take the offer. But I'm not happy with my current employers and if this is what it's presented to be I'd pretty much instantly walking into a situation in which I'd have the chance to make an actual mark on the culinary landscape of the region, and probably make a half-decent living as well. And the offer included the offer of prime bartending shifts to ECHGF if she were to be interested, and that's one of the most lucrative bartending gigs in all of eastern Maine. So I'm going to try to fly out there in a couple months when they're opening up for the season and see if there's any truth to what I'm hearing. I'm also hoping to see if I can postpone making a decision until this summer or even later on the condition that I'm willing to help with the winterization work this fall since the real crux of the proposed plans can't assume its final form until that's all done anyway. Interesting shit is happening one way or another.

If that happens, I will be up there to see you. Being that we'll be practically living in the same state. Technically. Maybe. We're still looking in New Hampshire for tax (or lack there of) purposes. It just seems more lucrative to live in a state where you don't pay income taxes if you're only going to be there for a year. Not that there's much of a difference between Kittery, Portsmouth, or Newburyport anyway, aside from the amount the state wants to gouge you for. Though I can't see Maine being nearly as bad as Rhode Island.

Maine has a state income tax but you'll get most if not all of it back. Sales tax is 5% (maybe 5.5 now?) except for on prepared food and lodging, when it's 7%.

That's actually not terrible. Unlike Rhode Island, where sales tax is 7%, but 8-12% on restaurant/lodging based on locality. But, we don't get taxed on clothes, shoes, food and booze. That hit me in the face when I was in Florida and I had to pay sales tax on a damn shirt. I forgot most states still do that.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

You don't pay taxes on clothes? WTF? I never heard of such a thing. No wonder your state's finances are fucked. That's 90% of the disposable income of the 14-25 year old demographic not being taxed, is what that is.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 16, 2014, 06:56:38 PM
You don't pay taxes on clothes? WTF? I never heard of such a thing. No wonder your state's finances are fucked. That's 90% of the disposable income of the 14-25 year old demographic not being taxed, is what that is.

I thought MA didn't tax clothes either on the grounds that they're a necessity.

Nephew Twiddleton

Yep, to a certain point.

QuoteSales of food and clothing:
Sales of food for human consumption, other than meals sold by a restaurant, generally are tax-exempt. Sales of individual items of clothing costing $175 or less also generally are exempt. (Sales tax is due only on the amount over $175 per item.)

http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/taxpayer-help-and-resources/tax-guides/salesuse-tax-guide.html

Suu

Neither does MA or CT last I checked. It's considered a necessity.

Fuck dude, NH doesn't tax a goddamn thing except prepared food, lodging, and property and they're doing pretty damn good for themselves. Granted, they also are something like 75% state park and have a quarter of the population of RI, but I digress.

Suu

I have lost a textbook I need to return to the rental company. I have no idea where it is, other than that it is in the house somewhere, because I just had it on Sunday. It's seriously right in front of my face, and I can't find it.  :?

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 07:05:58 PM

Neither does MA or CT last I checked. It's considered a necessity.

Fuck dude, NH doesn't tax a goddamn thing except prepared food, lodging, and property and they're doing pretty damn good for themselves. Granted, they also are something like 75% state park and have a quarter of the population of RI, but I digress.

They prop up their state's finances by selling so much Allens Coffee Brandy to Mainers.