News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 16, 2014, 07:31:48 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 16, 2014, 06:56:38 PM
You don't pay taxes on clothes? WTF? I never heard of such a thing. No wonder your state's finances are fucked. That's 90% of the disposable income of the 14-25 year old demographic not being taxed, is what that is.

Neither does MA or CT last I checked. It's considered a necessity.

Fuck dude, NH doesn't tax a goddamn thing except prepared food, lodging, and property and they're doing pretty damn good for themselves. Granted, they also are something like 75% state park and have a quarter of the population of RI, but I digress.

They prop up their state's finances by selling so much Allens Coffee Brandy to Mainers.

Clearly, I need to try this stuff.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 16, 2014, 07:31:48 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 16, 2014, 06:56:38 PM
You don't pay taxes on clothes? WTF? I never heard of such a thing. No wonder your state's finances are fucked. That's 90% of the disposable income of the 14-25 year old demographic not being taxed, is what that is.

Neither does MA or CT last I checked. It's considered a necessity.

Fuck dude, NH doesn't tax a goddamn thing except prepared food, lodging, and property and they're doing pretty damn good for themselves. Granted, they also are something like 75% state park and have a quarter of the population of RI, but I digress.

They prop up their state's finances by selling so much Allens Coffee Brandy to Mainers.

O GAWD I remember when you brought that stuff and I threw up everywhere. Well actually I don't remember because i blacked out. But I found the vomit the next day!  :horrormirth:

East Coast Hustle

In all fairness, you didn't throw up EVERYWHERE. There was about a 6 square foot patch of floor and a corner of the mirror that escaped unscathed. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

:vom: <- me

Apparently I missed the toilet and displeased my roommate greatly

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, when I was leaving the next morning you offered me the use of your shower before I hit the road. I hadn't had one since Maine and probably wasn't going to get another chance at one until San Diego so it was a very welcome offer.

Until I actually looked in the bathroom. Then I decided that the Puerto Rican shower at the Burger King a few miles down the road was a MUCH more hygienic option. :lol:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

:thanks: I was training for the Olympic Projectile Vomiting Team ok

Sita

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 06:32:05 PM
Quote from: Sita on January 16, 2014, 05:36:37 PM
After 12 years my husband has finally gotten tired of me being a socially awkward person and has arranged for us to hang out with some friends from his work.
He's hoping that since they also like gaming and Doctor Who and things of that nature that it will bring me out of my shell.

Because apparently I need to figure out how to talk to people in the real world and not just online or something.

I was all, damn, sorry Sita, that blows, until I got to the second part.
Ack, probably could've structured that sentence better.
Only bummer bit about it is my needing to socialize, which I suck at and thus avoid whenever possible.

And yet it seems everyone considers me a friend. I'll never understand people.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 01:45:40 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 15, 2014, 10:52:38 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on January 15, 2014, 06:56:01 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 15, 2014, 06:42:00 PM
Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 15, 2014, 01:05:15 AM
Maybe Kai's tolerance has reached a new low point.

"This thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals"

This pretty much pushes away everyone in America.

To all people who have higher education(s) than me here. I'm 90% complete in my A.A.S in Mechanical Engineering. Can a engineer call themselves a scientist, or is that reserved when I pick up another scientific field, or until I get a BS?

I really hope I don't start getting like that when I get my PhD. If I do, I'd like you guys to please take a hit out on me.

I don't think I'd call an engineer a scientist, that's a different kind of beast altogether. Probably a kind that isn't good enough to associate with Kai.

But what do I know? I'm just a lowly Associate of Arts.

new meme - Speaking as a scientist  :lulz:

Speaking as a mother, I approve of this spaggotry.

I don't know if I can mix with mothers.
\
:snob:

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 03:19:23 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 16, 2014, 03:12:04 PM
Tangentially related is this FB update by Stephen King:

"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle."

Partially true.

We also breed like roaches.

We actually breed really, really slowly compared to most other species of comparable size: only one child every two to three years. We just live way longer, have a much lower infant mortality rate, no predators, and our females are reproductively viable for 20-30 years, as well as continuing to provide food and nurturing to subsequent generations for another 30-40 years after they can no longer breed, which confers a HUGE survival advantage.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And we're really fucking hard to kill, shrugging off traumas and deprivation that would be fatal to most species.

Salty

Humans are stubbornly tenacious. Those thumbs really hook into life and are hard to shake loose.

That is why (real) wrestling has such a high and hideous rate of injury. And why my job is so hard.

Humans have no idea about the mastery they hold over all that...mmmmmeeeeat.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on January 16, 2014, 09:38:26 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 06:32:05 PM
Quote from: Sita on January 16, 2014, 05:36:37 PM
After 12 years my husband has finally gotten tired of me being a socially awkward person and has arranged for us to hang out with some friends from his work.
He's hoping that since they also like gaming and Doctor Who and things of that nature that it will bring me out of my shell.

Because apparently I need to figure out how to talk to people in the real world and not just online or something.

I was all, damn, sorry Sita, that blows, until I got to the second part.
Ack, probably could've structured that sentence better.
Only bummer bit about it is my needing to socialize, which I suck at and thus avoid whenever possible.

And yet it seems everyone considers me a friend. I'll never understand people.

You probably don't suck as much as you think you suck. Everybody has flaws and makes social gaffes, but most people are perfectly willing to overlook the flaws and focus on the good things, plus nobody spends as much time thinking about other people's social gaffes as they spend thinking about their own.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As a matter of fact, if other people think of you as a friend, you definitely don't suck as much as you think you suck. Protip: if everyone else thinks you're awesome, they probably aren't all wrong.

Reginald Ret

Didn't we have a thread about humans and their awesomeness?
Oh yeah, here it is.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Left

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 16, 2014, 10:58:32 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 03:19:23 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 16, 2014, 03:12:04 PM
Tangentially related is this FB update by Stephen King:

"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle."

Partially true.

We also breed like roaches.

We actually breed really, really slowly compared to most other species of comparable size: only one child every two to three years. We just live way longer, have a much lower infant mortality rate, no predators, and our females are reproductively viable for 20-30 years, as well as continuing to provide food and nurturing to subsequent generations for another 30-40 years after they can no longer breed, which confers a HUGE survival advantage.

Hunter-gatherers were and are (what few of them are left) barely able to top the replacement rate, because their caloric intake won't support much more than that. 
Agriculture made us explode...well, population-wise.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy