Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 30, 2014, 01:55:33 PM
1 "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic CRAP."

Edited for accuracy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Preach it, brother.

I am fondly remembering my 4-in-one stereo system.  Turntable, cassette deck, CD player, FM Radio, in one molded plastic housing.  Two speakers.  Red wire to red clippy thing, black wire to the black clippy thing, 2-prong plug.  Start to finish setup time, approx. 3 minutes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 30, 2014, 02:08:48 PM
Preach it, brother.

I am fondly remembering my 4-in-one stereo system.  Turntable, cassette deck, CD player, FM Radio, in one molded plastic housing.  Two speakers.  Red wire to red clippy thing, black wire to the black clippy thing, 2-prong plug.  Start to finish setup time, approx. 3 minutes.

And no OS to fuck up for no reason.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

And these kids need to GET OFF MY LAWN.

:ffs:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have somehow fallen back into the habit of drinking wine every night.

Not enough to make me hung over, just enough to make me A. have to get up to pee in the middle of the night, B. not sleep all  that well, and C. keep me fat.

This seems like a really bad trade-off for getting to go to bed mildly tipsy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 02:40:57 PM

Not enough to make me hung over, just enough to make me A. have to get up to pee in the middle of the night, B. not sleep all  that well, and C. keep me fat.

<insert unsolicited advice here>

There.  Formalities concluded.

Is it at least good wine?

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 30, 2014, 02:08:48 PM
Preach it, brother.

OMG. I HAD ONE.

Now it's like...I have to set up my computer, load programs into it, buy mp3s, download them, and find the best player to play them while checking on my 8.1 surround sound to make sure that the balance is correct.

I miss the simpler days, except that my dad found an 8-track machine laying on the side of the road once, and then decided he was going to somehow make it connect to the 4 in 1, and it WORKED. Needed the ceremonial matchbook, but it worked!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on January 30, 2014, 05:57:28 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 30, 2014, 05:54:40 AM
We can't stop here, this is vagina country?

IT REALLY IS NOT THE VAGINA.

IT IS THE WAY THEY MOVE AND WALK AND TALK.

I agree with this 169.7%

Women make me stupid, and not just because I feel a need to get them into bed.  I mean, that's great and all, but even after sex, when there is not a single hormone left in my horribly withered and dessicated body, I am still a stunned bunny dumbass.  Because I love the hell out of women.  They are like a Rubens painting that can hold a conversation.

No, wait, that last bit isn't quite right, because they're not inanimate objects that have a semblance of humanity, and that wouldn't even be attractive at all.  I don't know how to explain this part.  Because women make me dumb.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 02:44:20 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 02:40:57 PM

No. Because I can't afford good wine. If I was drinking good wine, then not only would I feel stupid for disrupting my sleep and keeping myself fat, I would also feel guilty for irresponsibly spending money on something I can't afford.

I was sort of clinging to my one last vice, but I guess it has to go by the wayside, because it's just not worth being fat and sleep-deprived.

I'd replace it with chocolate or something, but I don't like sweets.

Sigh.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe I should cultivate a liking for the pot. I think I still have some fancy gingerbread in the freezer.

I can't just turn into a clean-living sprout-eating yoga mom. Seriously, not OK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 02:49:34 PM

I agree with this 169.7%

Women make me stupid, and not just because I feel a need to get them into bed.  I mean, that's great and all, but even after sex, when there is not a single hormone left in my horribly withered and dessicated body, I am still a stunned bunny dumbass.  Because I love the hell out of women.  They are like a Rubens painting that can hold a conversation.

No, wait, that last bit isn't quite right, because they're not inanimate objects that have a semblance of humanity, and that wouldn't even be attractive at all.  I don't know how to explain this part.  Because women make me dumb.

I like guys, because they're hairy and smell like sweat and have dicks.

I don't know WHY this makes me like them, but there you have it.

Cain

Replace it with good wine.

Because you cannot afford it.  You'll buy one or two bottles, and you'll make it last.  Plus you get less of a hangover with good wine, so even if you do overindulge, you don't feel it as much in the morning and tend to sleep better.

Admittedly, this advice is just repurposed sotch advice I gave to a friend, and it's a lot easier to make scotch last, but I believe the principle is the same.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 03:01:42 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 02:44:20 PM

No. Because I can't afford good wine. If I was drinking good wine, then not only would I feel stupid for disrupting my sleep and keeping myself fat, I would also feel guilty for irresponsibly spending money on something I can't afford.

I was sort of clinging to my one last vice, but I guess it has to go by the wayside, because it's just not worth being fat and sleep-deprived.

I'd replace it with chocolate or something, but I don't like sweets.

Sigh.

I know how you feel.  All I have left is coffee.  Which isn't even a vice.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 03:06:03 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 02:49:34 PM

I agree with this 169.7%

I like guys, because they're hairy and smell like sweat and have dicks.

I don't know WHY this makes me like them, but there you have it.

Well, I'd just like to say that I am happy that we aren't slaves to our biology.   :lulz:

Suu

What is is about man smell that makes you go crazy?

No, not gross dirty BO smell, man smell, that smell. You know what I mean, I know Nigel knows.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."