News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

You can't compare yourself like that.

Well, you can if you want.

Either way, it sadly sounds like you lost some friends to religion. It happens sometimes. It sucks.

Sorry man.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 07:50:16 AM
I wanted to know if I'm now the new Kai for doing this? I jumped ship for this reason alone I see the punch line (Really real anarchists become RWHN when they have children). I feel like I made the right decision, but I still feel like I did something wrong.

Let me re write what I wrote to clarify confusion.
1.) Two of my IRL Anarchists friends had children. They're now justifying taking "entitlements" because society forced them or something or other.
2.) Non-Anarchists (everyone else and me) are still parasites for creating and justifying the "system".
3.) I called them unbearable assholes, and told him to go fuck themselves for devaluing other people.
4.) They TRIED to convince me the life of their fucking children is worth more than other people's children because they're not "brain washed".
5.) One of them became a really real atheist too after converting from New Age/ Alternative Natural lifestyle.
6.) The atheist one might be becoming a MRA/facebook lawlivist.
7.)The Religious one condemns anyone who eats meat.

I think I feel bad for not jumping ship sooner. I feel like I just pissed away 8 years of my life on these two assclowns.
I'm sharing this with you guys because I feel like I might have gone too far like Kai.

Aside from a couple of things he said here or there I don't see why Kai is the current Kai (and I don't want to know, frankly. Nothing personal to anyone involved but, the whole Coyote blow out. I caught a whiff of it, and I don't want to smell anymore than I have to.)

I also don't see anything wrong with your positions.

Also you're good peeps. Even if you were the new Kai, whatever that means, I would judge you based on where you and I are unless there was some crazy ass thing that happened that even I can't ignore.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Ben Shapiro

Not to religion in theory but to maybe fear I think? They're anarchists who can't amount to anything because lack freedom or something other. One of them has a great potential to be a great machinist since he likes to get his hands dirty, but doesn't want to be a slave to some capitalist.

So yeah just amazed this ended so fast. I'm almost 28 I thought shit like this  was over for me. NOPE.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 31, 2014, 07:56:59 AM
I wanted to know if I'm now the new Kai for doing this? I jumped ship for this reason alone I see the punch line (Really real anarchists become RWHN when they have children). I feel like I made the right decision, but I still feel like I did something wrong.

1.) Two of my IRL Anarchists friends had children. They're now justifying taking "entitlements" because society forced them or something or other.
2.) Non-Anarchists (everyone else and me) are still parasites for creating and justifying the "system".
3.) I called them unbearable assholes, and told him to go fuck themselves for devaluing other people.
4.) They TRIED to convince me the life of their fucking children is worth more than other people's children because they're not "brain washed".
5.) One of them became a really real atheist too after converting from New Age/ Alternative Natural lifestyle.

I think I feel bad for not jumping ship sooner. I feel like I just pissed away 8 years of my life on these two assclowns.
I'm sharing this with you guys because I feel like I might have gone too far like Kai.

Aside from a couple of things he said here or there I don't see why Kai is the current Kai (and I don't want to know, frankly. Nothing personal to anyone involved but, the whole Coyote blow out. I caught a whiff of it, and I don't want to smell anymore than I have to.)

I also don't see anything wrong with your positions.

Also you're good peeps. Even if you were the new Kai, whatever that means, I would judge you based on where you and I are unless there was some crazy ass thing that happened that even I can't ignore.

The Kai thing is a reference to becoming a smug elitist. I can see it happening to Kai, but I think it was him blowing off steam/frustration. I read somewhere this isn't the first time it's happened.

Ben Shapiro

In 17 days it will be me and my wife's 2 year anniversary, and 6 years living together. Don't know what to do.

Salty

Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 08:02:29 AM
Not to religion in theory but to maybe fear I think? They're anarchists who can't amount to anything because lack freedom or something other. One of them has a great potential to be a great machinist since he likes to get his hands dirty, but doesn't want to be a slave to some capitalist.

So yeah just amazed this ended so fast. I'm almost 28 I thought shit like this  was over for me. NOPE.

What I mean to say is that they BELIEVE instead of KNOWING.

It doesn't have to be religion to be religion. The holy order of no guvmint is no different from fundamental christianity if they choose it over sense and friendship.

So it goes.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

NOPE.
FUCK THOSE GUYS.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Admittedly, my antipathy for crude internet anarchists and their ridiculous political philosophy* knows no bounds and could be affecting my judgement, but it sounds like they were being preachy and demeaning assholes who believed the world should revolve exclusively around them for quite a while now.

*This may be overstating the coherency of such beliefs.  Ironically, I enjoy reading Proudhon, Voltairine de Cleyre, David Graeber and other Anarchist political theorists.

Reginald Ret

Fucking special snowflakes giving anarchists a bad name.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

East Coast Hustle

If they are as you describe and you left them physically able to make noises you didn't go far enough and/or you're a better man than I am. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ben Shapiro

After rolling around in bed for 2 hrs I still can't sleep. it's 5 A.M. here. Spending the next hour trying to fix this stupid wireless magic jack error 3002.

Ben Shapiro

I'm calling it now the religious one is going to call me for something in saw 4 months? I need help etc. The shithead might push his kid as a excuse. Which will one of two things make me do. Laugh at him, or convince his wife to leave the jackass.

Cain

Heh, I've upset the Student Loans people in the UK.  They don't know whether I'm studying, working abroad or unemployed and they hate it, because they don't know what to charge me.  So they've sent a highly threatening letter demanding full access to my financial records.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cain on January 31, 2014, 11:21:52 AM
Heh, I've upset the Student Loans people in the UK.  They don't know whether I'm studying, working abroad or unemployed and they hate it, because they don't know what to charge me.  So they've sent a highly threatening letter demanding full access to my financial records.
Fuck, that sucks. Will this get you in trouble? Or even worse, require you to get a lawyer?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Naw.  Under the terms of the loan, I only get money taken out when I'm earning above a certain amount.  Since I'm not earning anything, they can't do shit.  It's fun to watch them spazz out about it, though.

And given they're leeches on a system that used to be free, until government decided updating our pointless second-strike nuclear arsenal and inflating a property bubble was more important than a sustainable knowledge based economy, I'm not especially inclined to help them beyond the necessary