News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Some Fuckwit is Selling Your Discordian Texts

Started by Cramulus, January 10, 2014, 06:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: Hoopla on January 10, 2014, 07:12:37 PM
And looky what is typed out at the bottom of the back of each volume (and on each page inside too, for good measure):

to be fair I think that's actually part of the amazon preview view -- I don't think it's actually stamped on the PDF, it's automatically displayed whenever you preview something on amazon. I might be wrong though.

Cramulus

hooplala

Quote from: Cramulus on January 10, 2014, 07:26:16 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on January 10, 2014, 07:12:37 PM
And looky what is typed out at the bottom of the back of each volume (and on each page inside too, for good measure):

to be fair I think that's actually part of the amazon preview view -- I don't think it's actually stamped on the PDF, it's automatically displayed whenever you preview something on amazon. I might be wrong though.

Ah ok... getting myself al riled up over here.  It's been a slow day.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 10, 2014, 07:23:24 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports/infringement

You can report copyright infringements on Amazon at the above link

Submitted, with references to the possibility that the other volumes contain similar problems.

Cramulus

just submitted complaints against these ---

1494759500: An Discordian Omnibus: Volume Eight: Endless Earlobes! (Volume 8)
    149476699X: An Discordian Omnibus: Volume Eleven: Copious Catma! (Volume 11)
    1494749637: An Discordian Omnibus: Volume Five: Rapid Relief! (Volume 5)
    149474922X: An Discordian Omnibus: Volume Four: Suffering Suckas! (Volume 4)
    1494748851: An Discordian Omnibus: Volume Two: Wiggly Womps! (Volume 2)
    1494774143: An Discordian Omnibus: Volume Thirteen: Google Gobble! (Volume 13)

Can I just vent for a second about how much this pisses me off? Like, if he had asked me to print some of this stuff I would have had no problem with it. I believe that if you want an idea to get out there into the world, sometimes you gotta cut it loose and let the chips fall where they may. And with stuff like my fractal cult pamphlet, I don't care that he printed it. I want people to see it, and getting all fancy grabass about who can repost it is counterproductive.

But a lot of the stuff I've worked on, like Intermittens, the etc. discordia, contains copyrighted material, or was licensed in a way we all agreed to. Most of this stuff has an explicit "CREATIVE COMMONS +ATTRIB +SHARE ALIKE +NO PROFIT" license which this guy has straight up ignored. If he were just posting it to a website for anybody to read, that would have been fine. But he's selling this stuff (in the case of the Etc. Discordia, he's selling it cheaper than I'm selling it).

It says it right in the forward to the Incarnates Discordia: "[The Author] intends to use any royalties from the sales of this Omnibus Collection to fund further Discordian Activities."

Cain

"Cheetos" are a legitimate Discordian activity though.

Cramulus

http://www.lulu.com/shop/dr-muchao-j-moocow-ksc/incarnates-discordia/ebook/product-21392255.html

Here's a "book" he "wrote" which lists all the human forms that Eris has taken. It's skeevy. Oh my god this is so disgusting.

On page 20, he links to a model on modelmayhem.com who goes by the handle of Eris Discordia. He lists her name as Eris DisWhoredia. (bolding is his) He just copies and pastes her profile info, including her e-mail address. He ends that entry with the line "If you want to get your wank on, she can be found at:
<link removed>".

SO NOT COOL.

The next page (p21) is about, guess who, MILEY SPEARS.

QuoteMiley Spears MAY BE a fictional character. MAYBE! But, she does have her own website, and has generated a bit of controversy.

Then on the next page, he copies and pastes the content from this thread. Which is people accusing Spears of being Uncle BadTouch. And drama about the Chasing Eris project. He literally just copied and pasted this shit, and didn't format it in any way.

like this

QuotePhox: --- Quote from: CAKE on November 15, 2012, 10:59:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 15, 2012, 10:50:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: CAKE on November 15, 2012, 10:05:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 08:38:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: Hoopla on November 15, 2012, 08:34:25 pm ---Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, I should point out that Uncle BadTouch does try to intertwine his beliefs with Discordianism, they aren't simply "surplus opinions a discordian has". So, there might be merit in his being interviewed with everyone else, out of a sense of completeness. If I were to watch a documentary, or read a book, on Christianity I would want to now about Fred Phelps too. There, I said it... Uncle BadTouch, the Fred Phelps of Discordia. --- End quote --- I have no objection to him being interviewed. I simply won't be involved. At all. --- End quote ---

*sigh*

From the Afterword:

QuoteWhen I started compiling An Discordian Omnibus, I knew that I would feel compelled to create my own individual Holy Books to fill spaces, give myself more street cred, and further etch my holy name into the walls of Divine Chaos Worship, and I'm glad that this is what I have to offer.

He "wrote" this book to give himself "street cred". I want to throw up.

LMNO

Next time wossname brings up why we didn't want to be associated with this assbag in the same book, we should just cut and paste to this thread.

hooplala

Quote from: Cramulus on January 10, 2014, 08:07:38 PM
He "wrote" this book to give himself "street cred".

Sure sounds like Uncle BadTouch to me.  And I'm happy I'm at least quoted as referring to him as the Fred Phelps of Discordia.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Whoever they are, Cram has found them on Reddit.  Maybe we can shame them into taking the books down.

LMNO

Shit.  I was trying to avoid signing up for Reddit as long as possible.

Another mark against douche bonnet.

Cramulus

hooplala

He must have tossed this together fairly recently, since Nigel is referred to as "Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks".  Which I believe she only adopted a couple weeks ago.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Am I seeing this right, or is he charging upwards of $20 for each volume!?

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman