News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Some Fuckwit is Selling Your Discordian Texts

Started by Cramulus, January 10, 2014, 06:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know what's pathetic? If he had ANY talent whatsoever, or at least any self-discipline, this guy could sit down himself and write a collection of thoughts, stories, koans and essays, and publish them under his own name. He could be what he so desperately is trying to coattail on the work of others to become; a "name" in Discordian thinking. But he apparently has neither the discipline nor the talent, nor any scruples or common sense, because instead he keeps pulling bullshit like this, where he steals other people's work and tries to sell it for a profit, or tries to otherwise get his name somehow shoehorned onto other people's projects. It's outright pitiful.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on January 10, 2014, 10:39:32 PM
he just deleted his reddit account too. Fucking coward.

He's a coward and a thief, and he's also desperately uncreative, yet driven by a notion of "being somebody".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Cramulus on January 10, 2014, 10:39:32 PM
he just deleted his reddit account too. Fucking coward.

I've thrown up your information on the reddit thread which links him to the Uncle BadTouch family.

If this is Uncle BadTouch, and I'm almost convinced of that now, I want this albatross to hang around his neck for all time.

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on January 10, 2014, 10:46:13 PM
and the omnibuses are being "unpublished"

That's almost too bad, as I forwarded the link to my lawyer and am awaiting reply. It would have been much more fun to nail this loser to the wall by his feet.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain, I tried to reply to your PM but it's blocked, I'll resend if you unblock me.  :)

Cain

Sorry about that, my profile had somehow been set so only admins could PM me.  I've changed it now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK, here's  the deal, guys. My lawyer would like for each of us to identify which pieces of ours are in which volume, and what its copyright status is. Even if he takes them all down, we should do this if we can. He will send a cease and desist, pro bono, and will include everyone who wants to participate. This way, if he ever pops up with a stunt like this in the future, which means that we can move directly to filing a claim without going through the cease-and-desist rigamarole. With any luck, it will simply deter him from trying.

You can PM me and I'll forward it to him, if you want the letter to represent your work.

hooplala

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 10, 2014, 10:04:12 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on January 10, 2014, 07:06:34 PM
I just flipped through the Wise Book of Baloney; turns out there is no kopyleft notice on it anywhere...

Yeah, but fun fact; you don't HAVE to declare copyright. It exists by virtue of your work existing. It is not that it is uncopyrighted unless declared copyrighted; it is copyrighted unless declared otherwise, from the moment it came into being. The legally tricky part is (or at least, can be) proving that it came into being at your hand, or the hand of whoever authored each piece of content.

I meant that I hadn't even explicitly said The Wise Book of Baloney could be shared.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

achht, I'm leaving for vacation in like 10 minutes so I don't have time to round that up. The only ones I care about personally are the Etc. Discordia and the Chao Te Ching, because both of them are published CC share alike, attribution, no profit. Note that you and Cain have some pieces in the Etc. Discordia which have their own separate license too.

I don't care about protecting the fractal cult pamphlet, main way monastery pamphlet, postergasm collection, om nom nomicon (which I didn't even kopyleft because it is itself a rip off), & modern mythological creatures (which technically belongs to all of us). And I think I have some other stuff in there, but I really only care about the Etc. Discordia and the Chao Te Ching since those were both humongous efforts to publish and contain lots of people's work.

hooplala

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 10, 2014, 10:04:12 PM
I just flipped through the Wise Book of Baloney; turns out there is no kopyleft notice on it anywhere...

Yeah, but fun fact; you don't HAVE to declare copyright. It exists by virtue of your work existing. It is not that it is uncopyrighted unless declared copyrighted; it is copyrighted unless declared otherwise, from the moment it came into being. The legally tricky part is (or at least, can be) proving that it came into being at your hand, or the hand of whoever authored each piece of content.

Also, I think I could prove I was Hoopla if need be. I have videos linking my face to that name which date back to at least 09. Might be earlier.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on January 10, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

I meant that I hadn't even explicitly said The Wise Book of Baloney could be shared.

Ah. Well then, yes, he's a thieving crapweasel.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on January 10, 2014, 11:11:01 PM
achht, I'm leaving for vacation in like 10 minutes so I don't have time to round that up. The only ones I care about personally are the Etc. Discordia and the Chao Te Ching, because both of them are published CC share alike, attribution, no profit. Note that you and Cain have some pieces in the Etc. Discordia which have their own separate license too.

I don't care about protecting the fractal cult pamphlet, main way monastery pamphlet, postergasm collection, om nom nomicon (which I didn't even kopyleft because it is itself a rip off), & modern mythological creatures (which technically belongs to all of us). And I think I have some other stuff in there, but I really only care about the Etc. Discordia and the Chao Te Ching since those were both humongous efforts to publish and contain lots of people's work.

No hurry, FYI. But if you want to PM me the names of the pieces you're concerned about, the volumes they appear in, the name they're published under, and your legal name (I mean, I know all this but I need your own words for it to be legit) I will pass it on to him.

It's fine if it takes weeks to get the cease & desist info together, it's seriously no rush.

I'm pissed about 101 ways to make someone's day weirder, because that was a collaboration between all of us and it was FUN and it shouldn't be making some stealing shitbean a profit.