News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

OK, no more modding Skyrim ever.  I hate playing "hunt the crash to desktop causing conflict".

Faust

I require the assistant of a volunteer.

Said volunteer must currently be experiencing issues with the site and have 15 to 10 minutes to spare.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: :regret: on March 11, 2014, 08:28:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 05:47:25 PM
Pre-trip teleconference with offending vendor in MA.

Cecil (our purchaser) interrupts me constantly.

Russell (or new engineer) goes into it in a concillatory way, also downplaying both our problems and our financial muscle.

There is going to be an ad hoc meeting shortly.  It will not pleasant.
You have my sympathies.
Them, not so much. They deserve everything they got.

My requests are very reasonable, really.  It's just that I'm not.

I have found that I am becoming more and more of a bastard as I get older.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 09:18:53 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 11, 2014, 09:16:10 PM
No takers? Fantastic. I'm off to bed.

I was busy.  I'll be available tomorrow.
Cool, It might be tomorrow evening before I can look at this again but should be able to get it sorted.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 11, 2014, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 09:18:53 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 11, 2014, 09:16:10 PM
No takers? Fantastic. I'm off to bed.

I was busy.  I'll be available tomorrow.
Cool, It might be tomorrow evening before I can look at this again but should be able to get it sorted.

Okay.  God knows how many kooks will have shat in my inbox by then.

Which, it occurs to me, I should probably clean out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 07:40:48 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 07:18:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 05:47:25 PM
Pre-trip teleconference with offending vendor in MA.

Cecil (our purchaser) interrupts me constantly.

Russell (or new engineer) goes into it in a concillatory way, also downplaying both our problems and our financial muscle.

There is going to be an ad hoc meeting shortly.  It will not pleasant.

I am astonished at the idea of anyone interrupting you even ONCE. He must completely lack self-preservation instinct. :lulz:

I had my meeting.  Proper protocol has been established.  When Roger is setting meeting times with a vendor, or chewing their arses, or promising DOOM, the following will occur:

1.  Engineer with wet ink on his degree and afterbirth on his ears will SHUT UP.  Infant engineer is here to LEARN how to be a horrible bastard, not how to stick our collective dicks in the meatgrinder.

2.  Ignorant fucking purchaser will also SHUT UP.

3.  Vendor will SHUT UP.

4.  Any spectators in the room will in fact SHUT UP.

5.  Roger will say what needs to be said.  Roger would appreciate having Stella and Nigel record a Motown riff of Hush/shut your mouth/etc that I can play when people forget the very basic rules I have just outlined.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm back from a meeting at PSU and I'm a research assistant again.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 10:57:25 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 09:39:39 PM

Awesome!

Yeah! I think this is going to be a good project, and not only is it a bit of money, but also there's a strong likelihood that my name will go on the paper, and in addition there is potential for a paper of my own. Definitely at least a poster that I can present at conferences next year.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 11:24:49 PM

Awesome!

Yeah! I think this is going to be a good project, and not only is it a bit of money, but also there's a strong likelihood that my name will go on the paper, and in addition there is potential for a paper of my own. Definitely at least a poster that I can present at conferences next year.

You, Twid, and Dimo are kicking all manner of ass.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 11:29:44 PM

Awesome!

It's really nice to finally start seeing some measurable progress.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 11:32:35 PM

Awesome!

What are you talking about?  Even in personality, you've changed a great deal in the last couple of years.  Not better or worse, just different.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 11:33:33 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 11:32:35 PM

Awesome!

What are you talking about?  Even in personality, you've changed a great deal in the last couple of years.  Not better or worse, just different.

Thanks! Yeah, I have definitely changed a lot.

Academically, though, it's really great to be actually moving on to the next phase with a job at the university, looking at my first  publication credit, and so on. It's a real landmark point in my slog through school.