News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 11:37:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 11:33:33 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 11:32:35 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 11:29:44 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 11:24:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 10:57:25 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 09:39:39 PM
I'm back from a meeting at PSU and I'm a research assistant again.

Awesome!

Yeah! I think this is going to be a good project, and not only is it a bit of money, but also there's a strong likelihood that my name will go on the paper, and in addition there is potential for a paper of my own. Definitely at least a poster that I can present at conferences next year.

You, Twid, and Dimo are kicking all manner of ass.

It's really nice to finally start seeing some measurable progress.

What are you talking about?  Even in personality, you've changed a great deal in the last couple of years.  Not better or worse, just different.

Thanks! Yeah, I have definitely changed a lot.

Academically, though, it's really great to be actually moving on to the next phase with a job at the university, looking at my first  publication credit, and so on. It's a real landmark point in my slog through school.

You haven't been slogging.  Might seem that way to you, but again, you three have been kicking all manner of ass.  Dimo's TAing three classes, Twid's pulled his head out and is going full steam, and you're involved in actual research, more or less as an underclassman.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 11:39:08 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 11:37:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 11:33:33 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 11, 2014, 11:32:35 PM

Awesome!

Yeah! I think this is going to be a good project, and not only is it a bit of money, but also there's a strong likelihood that my name will go on the paper, and in addition there is potential for a paper of my own. Definitely at least a poster that I can present at conferences next year.

It's really nice to finally start seeing some measurable progress.

What are you talking about?  Even in personality, you've changed a great deal in the last couple of years.  Not better or worse, just different.

Thanks! Yeah, I have definitely changed a lot.

Academically, though, it's really great to be actually moving on to the next phase with a job at the university, looking at my first  publication credit, and so on. It's a real landmark point in my slog through school.

You haven't been slogging.  Might seem that way to you, but again, you three have been kicking all manner of ass.  Dimo's TAing three classes, Twid's pulled his head out and is going full steam, and you're involved in actual research, more or less as an underclassman.

It does feel like slogging.  :lol: But yeah, I'm pretty thrilled to be in my third year and working on a third research project. Even though this level of progress also means not really having a social life, and doing things like listening to a lecture while making dinner and typing on the internet, which is what I'm doing right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 11, 2014, 11:56:25 PM

It does feel like slogging.  :lol: But yeah, I'm pretty thrilled to be in my third year and working on a third research project. Even though this level of progress also means not really having a social life, and doing things like listening to a lecture while making dinner and typing on the internet, which is what I'm doing right now.

How is what you're doing not a social life?  It's just a different crowd.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 11:58:51 PM

Welllll it's a social life the same way going to work is. But in terms of actually non-work non-school hanging out with people, I go to FBF's house for dinner on Monday nights and meet Hot Cowboy for lunch or drinks once a week, and that's about it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm looking forward to the end of the general series, because I should be able to step back and gain a little breathing room.

Of course, I start A&P in the fall. :lulz: Lordy me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 12, 2014, 12:08:50 AM

Welllll it's a social life the same way going to work is. But in terms of actually non-work non-school hanging out with people, I go to FBF's house for dinner on Monday nights and meet Hot Cowboy for lunch or drinks once a week, and that's about it.

Don't knock it.  I lost Saturday Night ENTIRELY for almost 2 years.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Awesome!

Seconded.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2014, 12:14:41 AM
Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 12, 2014, 12:08:50 AM

Don't knock it.  I lost Saturday Night ENTIRELY for almost 2 years.

I'm not worried, I'll get through it. But I really am looking forward to being at a point in time when I have leisure time, like normal people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pæs

The future is creepy. Guy from my phone company failed to mention in his pitch that my new phone (Note 3) would come with a smartwatch with a built in camera.

CREEPY WEARABLE COMPUTING.

WHAT ARE NON CREEPY USES OF COVERT CAMERA?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Pæs on March 12, 2014, 03:06:32 AM
The future is creepy. Guy from my phone company failed to mention in his pitch that my new phone (Note 3) would come with a smartwatch with a built in camera.

Upskir--wait...

LMNO

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pæs on March 12, 2014, 03:06:32 AM

The ones that get you arrested.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"