Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 20, 2014, 07:44:14 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 20, 2014, 07:40:38 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 20, 2014, 06:32:55 PM
Just ran into an old member of PD on Facebook (not gonna name names) who was complaining that he didn't like facebook because he doesn't see everything in his feed and it's hard to find old posts.  He suggested that someone build an alternate platform.

I reminded him that he had an alternate platform (here), and he left it for facebook.

He replied that he was too "grown up now" for PD now.

:sad:

I'm 45 fucking years old, and if I ever "get too grown up" for PD, I expect Nigel, LMNO, and ECH to kick me to death for my own good.

If Facebook is the next leap, maturity wise, I'm going to be telling fart jokes forever. Fuck that shit. Facebook was originally for college kids and pedos. Opening it up to the unwashed masses has not in any way raised the IQ of that place.

Yeah, well, a guy I used to like has become a twerp.  Seriously, who the fuck would say something like that, without (or worse, with) thinking about what he was saying about the person with whom he is speaking?

Fuck that guy.

It makes me irrationally angry, that comment does.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

Pæs

Is the guy just on Facebook or with the Facebook Discordians? Because "I'm too grown up for PD, BRB making rape jokes"...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on February 20, 2014, 08:39:33 PM
Is the guy just on Facebook or with the Facebook Discordians? Because "I'm too grown up for PD, BRB making rape jokes"...

As far as I know, he's not associated with TDS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cain on February 20, 2014, 04:09:34 PM
One gear bikes are an abombination in the eyes of the LORD.
One gear bikes break down less often. Also, handlebrakes suck. More like handle-breaks am I right? I prefer a one gear bike with backpedal brakes (no idea what the proper english names are). I try to minize the number of parts because i tend to break stuff.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pæs

It's dangerous for my ego how frequently the result of raising critical security issues is "okay, the mitigation for this risk is we won't employee anyone else as smart as you."

My boss slept through a co-worker's epic car fail and thus no one opened the store last week, until three hours later. This week, my boss got locked out of the store on accident and thus couldn't open on time.

Co-worker's epic fail is co-worker's.

My boss's epic fail is mine?  :lulz:

He tried to lecture me about why I shouldn't have my phone turned off because he might need something, I should have answered my phone and come let him in since I have a key. But he had to give up when I started laughing in that way. He sort of chuckled nervously and backed away.

And made a point to tell me what a good job I was doing, the whole shift.

Laughter really is the best medicine. :lulz:

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 20, 2014, 11:31:50 PM
Oh those wacky jet mills!  :lulz:

A bolt snapped off the feed conveyor and went through the venturi (into the ceramic lined interior) at roughly 600 miles per hour.  All the guts went shooting up the discharge pipe and into the baghouse, where they ate the fucking rotary valve.

$60K, easy, and out of production until Monday morning.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 20, 2014, 11:33:30 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 20, 2014, 11:31:50 PM
Oh those wacky jet mills!  :lulz:

A bolt snapped off the feed conveyor and went through the venturi (into the ceramic lined interior) at roughly 600 miles per hour.  All the guts went shooting up the discharge pipe and into the baghouse, where they ate the fucking rotary valve.

$60K, easy, and out of production until Monday morning.

Nice. O.O

Suu

I'm surrounded by more nature than I ever really wanted. I have an actual yard, with towering pine trees and this stuff called fresh air. The ocean is 5 minutes away, and there are mountains an hour away. There's scenic shit everywhere. Roger would hate it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Quote from: The Suu on February 20, 2014, 11:41:59 PM
I'm surrounded by more nature than I ever really wanted. I have an actual yard, with towering pine trees and this stuff called fresh air. The ocean is 5 minutes away, and there are mountains an hour away. There's scenic shit everywhere. Roger would hate it.

Can I move in with you?

Ben Shapiro

I'm coming back to New England in April prepare your anus!

Salty

Quote from: :regret: on February 20, 2014, 10:32:01 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 20, 2014, 04:09:34 PM
One gear bikes are an abombination in the eyes of the LORD.
One gear bikes break down less often. Also, handlebrakes suck. More like handle-breaks am I right? I prefer a one gear bike with backpedal brakes (no idea what the proper english names are). I try to minize the number of parts because i tend to break stuff.

That is a coaster brake.

People often say, "What about climbing hills?" Oh, you mean that thing I do passing lycra covered bike jerks who passed me 10 minutes ago without signaling while shouting "PASSING ON YOUR LEFT!" while their legs spin around like a dead hamster trapped in a wheel?

I fucking LOVE hills, my legs love them, my smug sense superiority loves them.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.