News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Whomever is PMing me, I cannot receive PMs until Faust finds the problem.

Hit me up at FB if it's private.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

So, called in sick today.  Hacking cough, exhaustion, general pain, etc.

Slept for about 16 hours.  Felling better.  Making egg drop soup, finally watching Cosmos, the NDT version.  It's Science 101, with a bit of Giordino Bruno thrown in.

Nothing I didn't already know about,  but it's a fun show, and the CGI is pretty cool.

Cain

There is something nasty going around.  Some people at work have a nasty cough with low level flu symptoms.

I've avoided it so far by being antisocial and working nights.  Wont last forever, though

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 13, 2014, 04:24:52 PM
So, called in sick today.  Hacking cough, exhaustion, general pain, etc.

Slept for about 16 hours.  Felling better.  Making egg drop soup, finally watching Cosmos, the NDT version.  It's Science 101, with a bit of Giordino Bruno thrown in.

Nothing I didn't already know about,  but it's a fun show, and the CGI is pretty cool.

Feel better, LMNO!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

So I'm leaving here to fly to Maine on April 1st and then flying back in the middle of May to collect ECHGF, the animals, and our stuff.

Does it make me a bad person that, as bummed as I am that I won't see ECHGF for 6 weeks, I am WAY more bummed that I won't see my dog for that period of time?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 13, 2014, 05:16:59 PM
So I'm leaving here to fly to Maine on April 1st and then flying back in the middle of May to collect ECHGF, the animals, and our stuff.

Does it make me a bad person that, as bummed as I am that I won't see ECHGF for 6 weeks, I am WAY more bummed that I won't see my dog for that period of time?

I get it.  At least you're GF understands why you won't be around... the dog won't.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

I need a purge.  Doing the Santa Rita No Headlights Challenge tonight, solo, with shotgun and a case of diet rootbeer.

If all goes well, I shall be travelling tomorrow, arriving at TF Green at 10:53 PM, staying until the 23rd.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 13, 2014, 05:55:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 13, 2014, 05:27:00 PM
Wow.  I really feel crappy.

Don't. It's just a lot of shit got piled up at once, more than usual.

I know.  Work, then this shit.  I recognize that.  Doesn't change what I assume are the physiological effects of stress.  I feel physically ill, and emotionally really bothered by having two of my friends go ballistic, whomever's fault it may have been.

This last bit, being compared to Lumberjim, though...

Well, there's only one solution, really.  Stop caring, go full potato in a jeep for a few hours, then haul ass across country to crap on people who have fucked us royally, then go party with some friends.

But in the meantime, I feel like I just ran 10 miles with my mouth taped shut.

Faust

Just hang in there ok, the friends thing will sort itself out. And work is NOT as important as your health. Not in the least.

LMNO

which is why i stayed home today.

zoning out on cooking shows

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 13, 2014, 06:29:53 PM
Just hang in there ok, the friends thing will sort itself out. And work is NOT as important as your health. Not in the least.

I know.  But I tried to get fired, and I got promoted.

I am becoming discouraged.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 13, 2014, 06:32:41 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 13, 2014, 06:29:53 PM

I know.  But I tried to get fired, and I got promoted.

I am becoming discouraged.
That wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been competent and putting an importance on work.

Cain

This is true, the Peter Principle.  What if you are, for the purposes of your corporate structure, omni-competent?