The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Here's an unoriginal idea

Started by monad, February 24, 2014, 10:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: monad on February 24, 2014, 11:51:52 AM
Yes, Cain. I believe that conversation ended with
>that was kind of you but you know perfectly well my comments are valid whether I phrase them in such a way to please the natives or not
>I've pointed out the iceberg to the people on the ship. if they want to argue with me about it I really couldn't give a fuck
Coming on here and declaring open season on me is the petty bullying behaviour that (I see as) part of the problem.

Faust, I hope you're right and I'm wrong, for Eris's sake.
You want my suggestions? Change the board software, discourage this atmosphere of cliques and circle-jerking. Kusaba X is open source. Instate rules and mods who actively discourage the memetic cancers that boards acquire over time, all this daily-post, navel-gazing horseshit. Discourage the import of generic internet culture and try to encourage development of new ideas and fresh content. Might work, might not. Just some suggestions, I'm not omniscient.

We would be happy to hand the reins over to you, we'll just need a cashier's check first, spanky. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

bds

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2014, 08:54:33 PM
bds, care to elaborate on "people who agree with him"?

Just out of a sense of malicious curiosity, mind you.

I mostly just meant that there were several people on IRC who said things to the effect of "well, you kind of have a point, but your tone was absurd, and to post on PD telling everyone that they're doing it totally wrong is just trolling'. Like, I think maybe there is an interesting discussion to be had somewhere about different kinds of forum software and different discordian communities and such, but obviously just going LOL UR DOIN IT RONG is a dick move.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: monad on February 25, 2014, 02:33:28 AM
Bitches, please. Do you really have such low standards for success that you take someone going momentarily afk as evidence that you've scared them away with your big scary words? Reason to start crowing about how internet-tough you are?
You're all adults, aren't you? So why resort to this school-yard bullying behaviour? Can't you see it's completely ineffective on the internet?
I absolutely adore the fact that you all find it easier to believe there's someone out to get you and I'm just a sockpuppet, rather than accept that when someone criticises you, maybe you're doing something wrong. When it happens once or twice, sure it might be a troll. When it repeatedly happens and your entire site is a mausoleum of users who've left, decorated with "testimonials" from discontented users, held out like some sort of pre-emptive ironic defence, it starts to look a little bit sad. But sure, blame it on trolls, blame it on the economy, blame it on website life-cycles, blame it on the sunshine, blame it on the splitters, blame it on the domain-name-coveting-illuminati.

peace out, wankers.
:enough:

At risk of pointing out the GLARINGLY OBVIOUS...

Those of us who are HERE, those of us WHOSE SITE THIS IS, well...

we like it here. We like it how it is.

Your opinion has been given all the consideration that it deserves. YOU have been given all the consideration that you deserve. And if you REALLY want that domain name, well, I won't say that Faust and I are reasonable men but we're certainly willing to part a sucker from his money.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: bds on February 25, 2014, 10:34:01 AM

I mostly just meant that there were several people on IRC who said things to the effect of "well, you kind of have a point, but your tone was absurd, and to post on PD telling everyone that they're doing it totally wrong is just trolling'. Like, I think maybe there is an interesting discussion to be had somewhere about different kinds of forum software and different discordian communities and such, but obviously just going LOL UR DOIN IT RONG is a dick move.

:lulz:

So, we're all worthless dicks, he was just using the wrong approach.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I've clearly missed something.

What are these other communities that he curates? Obviously they're packed with exciting and original content that puts this place to shame.

TAKING ALL BETS

Nazi Forum/Chatroom - 3/1
Mahdjickal forum/Chatroom 5/1
"Free thinking" forum/chatroom 1/3
Other "Dischordian" site 1/8
RWHN in disguise 1/4
Roger in disguise 1/20
Under 15 2/9

Seriously, saying you have "other communities" that are much better than this one and yet not naming any seems a little spineless to say the least. If you're going to claim superiority, at least try and fucking show it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

It's a real word and everything:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curator

Though probably wrongly used. What I meant here was "Which other forums is he lurking and butthurt on?"

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 25, 2014, 04:16:01 PM
It's a real word and everything:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curator

Though probably wrongly used. What I meant here was "Which other forums is he lurking and butthurt on?"

See, I was hoping HE'D used that word.  What he said was "attend to".

Curate is far more Ben Mack ("Steward my reputation").

:sad:

Junkenstein

Well the implication remains the same. He apparently has places where he's not viewed as a tedious little turd.

I doubt any will get named as it would probably prove the above to be rather wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 25, 2014, 02:15:48 PM
Quote from: bds on February 25, 2014, 10:34:01 AM

:lulz:

So, we're all worthless dicks, he was just using the wrong approach.

Maybe I'm losing all my happy thoughts, but I'm tired of being the punching bag.

Really, really tired.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2014, 06:54:41 PM
Quote from: Alty on February 24, 2014, 06:52:56 PM
How about any one of these:

newworlddiscordia.com
newandimprovedpd.com
superhappyeris.com
betterthanpd.com.com
peaceanderis.com
cantweallgetalong.com
fuckpd.com.com
mybuttfeelslikeitsfilledwithbrokenglass.com

randomgibberish.com
urdoinitwrong.com
gurusRus.com
Uncle BadTouch.com
iwussedoutandrantotumblr.com
ihatethosepdjerks.com

erisbarandgrill.com

oh wait
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 25, 2014, 03:21:11 PM
I've clearly missed something.

What are these other communities that he curates? Obviously they're packed with exciting and original content that puts this place to shame.

TAKING ALL BETS

Nazi Forum/Chatroom - 3/1
Mahdjickal forum/Chatroom 5/1
"Free thinking" forum/chatroom 1/3
Other "Dischordian" site 1/8
RWHN in disguise 1/4
Roger in disguise 1/20
Under 15 2/9

Seriously, saying you have "other communities" that are much better than this one and yet not naming any seems a little spineless to say the least. If you're going to claim superiority, at least try and fucking show it.

My money's on pick up artist forums.

Not kidding.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The real irony is that the reason he found this board in the first place was because I sent him links to a few of the many creative projects that have stemmed from it, and from the big ole meanies here, over the last few years.  :lol:

Junkenstein

Holy shit, I think we have a winner.

I'll give you 1/1, but just you and just this one time because this is going to fucking cost me now.