News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

They're about to let Kim Davis out. I expect to hear the fireworks and hooting round these parts.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

LMNO

The Wizard Joseph

Someone managed to crack a barrel of industrial grade oxidizer today. The shit's got a truly terrifying MSDS profile and they're not even wearing respirators and have people still working on sorting in the area. Stupid fuckers.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on September 08, 2015, 11:59:17 AM
Damn.  Londoners went straight into bitching mode when the public transport went on strike for 2 days.

There's like 7 of the 35 lines running, but while I can wait two hours for the bus (as opposed to up to 30 minutes) to go bleed for great justice and profit, I can't get anywhere else I need to.  Tons of people have lost their jobs, I know a guy who works at an alternative high school and says since the strike happened right at the start of the school year (which means it has only been a month or so, actually.  Stupid time.) tons of his students got expelled and have to wait for next year to start, I know for a fact that certain places that offer mental health services do not currently have their bus lines running, so on and so forth.

I want my fucking life back.  And someone will probably now tell me that's a dick thing to say, and I will feel like an asshole, but it's still true.

Freeky

People are being dumb about it though.  Some people went around saying they were the bus rider's union, and to protest the strike (I think) they got on the buses and refused to pay.

Way to go, assholes.  Thanks for making things harder to resolve.

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Don Coyote

One of the many things I am grateful for joining the Army: it got out of California long enough to not want to move back. People in SoCal are fucking nuts. Something about deserts warps whitefolk.

Doktor Howl

Found a problem with the LO formatting.  I don't say "THE" problem, because there will be more.

But my frustration levels have decreased.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 09, 2015, 07:21:23 PM
Found a problem with the LO formatting.  I don't say "THE" problem, because there will be more.

That's good news! What was the specific problem you found?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I have got the nastyvirus. Fever, cough, swollen lymph, sore throat, chills, muscle pain, faucet nose, all of it.

Getting a bit of writing done.  Was moved by "Not Dead Yet" rants and by that it's the only thing I can really do in my misery. Might be out for a couple days, that's how long it took the friends I believe I contracted it from to recover. Because I'm febrile I am contractually obligated to stay home at least until the fever breaks.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 09, 2015, 09:12:07 PM

Somehow, two elipses got stuck in a smaller font, and wouldn't respond to control-A/font change.

I deleted them and restructured.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 09, 2015, 10:26:33 PM

Somehow, two elipses got stuck in a smaller font, and wouldn't respond to control-A/font change.

Is an elipse a form of punctuation?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 09, 2015, 11:11:08 PM

Yeah,  it's this  --->  "..."
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 09, 2015, 11:28:08 PM

Well then! So "quotes" is referred to as an elipse. Never knew, thanks.

Not sure if it's the fever, but that kinda looks like an unimpressed skull face.
Like Death was saying "Meh."

I got some writing done on a distinctly Discordian idea I jotted down months ago.
I just set to writing a story rather than elaborating the idea. I'm almost done with it,  but have to try the sleep thing again. I call it Apocrypha Discordia. I'll open a thread and dump what I have so far. Hope you guys like it.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 10, 2015, 02:54:14 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 09, 2015, 11:28:08 PM

Well then! So "quotes" is referred to as an elipse. Never knew, thanks.

Not sure if it's the fever, but that kinda looks like an unimpressed skull face.
Like Death was saying "Meh."

I got some writing done on a distinctly Discordian idea I jotted down months ago.
I just set to writing a story rather than elaborating the idea. I'm almost done with it,  but have to try the sleep thing again. I call it Apocrypha Discordia. I'll open a thread and dump what I have so far. Hope you guys like it.

The three dots inside the quotation marks...