News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Don Coyote

Doing a rewrite of "To slay a jabberwocky" on account of I was never too comfortable with the first stanza not really being alliterative verse. Might be important to have the first part of a long poem consistent with the bulk of the poem form wise.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 10, 2015, 10:00:02 PM
Ohh my god, there are so many posts.

Welcome back.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Little Orange part 1 got accepted to Nook, etc.  :banana:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 11, 2015, 12:05:07 AM

That's fucking awesome!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am all zoned out, somewhere between "I need a nap" and "Holy shit I need to be trying  to replace that damn washing machine".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wrote a rough draft of my study abroad paper though. Now I just need to remember to order my books, check my email, write my other paper, appeal for an extension of my scholarship, and write to the lab I want to do my graduate studies in.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 11, 2015, 12:18:37 AM

I just spent 2 hours overhauling the format of book 2, and have just resubmitted it.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 11, 2015, 02:28:12 AM

I just spent 2 hours overhauling the format of book 2, and have just resubmitted it.

I just spent 2 hours trying to find the download of a very expensive textbook I need for next term. COINCIDENCE?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 11, 2015, 03:18:46 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 11, 2015, 02:28:12 AM

I just spent 2 hours trying to find the download of a very expensive textbook I need for next term. COINCIDENCE?

Nope.  Obvious Tucson/Portland interference.

I want to get #3 reworked, but my luck, #3 would make it this time and #2 wouldn't.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

DOES ANYBODY WHO IS REALLY GOOD AT PIRATING BOOKS WANT TO TRY TO HELP ME FIND A COUPLE OF BOOKS? I am having the hardest damn time.

The Wizard Joseph

Feel much better and happen to have the day off. I was going to take a Fri-Mon extended weekend and visit home to see my pop before I got laid low. I'm not going in case I'm still infectious. Dad has done well after the chemo, but he's still prone to infection. Told my boss I'll be in on Monday. Burnt up most of my PTO hours anyway.

I'm kinda hyper today actually and it feels damn good, so I'm going with it.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 11, 2015, 04:13:43 PM
DOES ANYBODY WHO IS REALLY GOOD AT PIRATING BOOKS WANT TO TRY TO HELP ME FIND A COUPLE OF BOOKS? I am having the hardest damn time.

Wish I could, but my old rig is fried and I've only had this nifty smartphone for the last couple years. I'll do a lot of stupid things, but torrent streaming on a cell network seems TOO stupid for a man of my limited cyber talents.

The law would differ with me, but I only consider it piracy when there's a monitary motive. Otherwise I'd like to think of it as information acquisition or library liberation.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl