News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

economic proof that at some point it is desirable to die

Started by thewake, October 19, 2015, 03:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 22, 2015, 07:38:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2015, 07:37:22 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 22, 2015, 06:15:59 PM
I was kinda having fun poking the guy, but I understand if the mods don't want to deal with that kinda crap.

I ain't gonna ban him.  But that is definitely steering into behavior I would ban for.

He's just another run of the mill teenage douchebag. If he keeps up the 4chan stupidity I'll just put him on ignore.
HEY, 4chan has many boards that are not stupid.
All exrcpt 2 are mean and cynical though.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2015, 08:45:40 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 22, 2015, 08:38:31 PM

Quotebut of course my new friend Rog (if I can call you Rog?)

Oh FFS.  :roll:

It never ends.  One special snowflake after another.

Why do they ALL want to call you Rog? I've known you for going on nine years and I have NEVER had the urge to call you Rog.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 24, 2015, 12:58:08 AM

Why do they ALL want to call you Rog? I've known you for going on nine years and I have NEVER had the urge to call you Rog.

It's a stupid fucking dominance game.  Implied familiarity implying contempt implying superiority on his part.

It accomplished one of his intentions, though.  I went straight to hating him.  As far as feelings of superiority, I could give a shit less if he feels superior.  He's a libertarian.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

thewake

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 24, 2015, 02:57:25 AM

It's a stupid fucking dominance game.  Implied familiarity implying contempt implying superiority on his part.

It accomplished one of his intentions, though.  I went straight to hating him.  As far as feelings of superiority, I could give a shit less if he feels superior.  He's a libertarian.

> :lulz:

the face of an accomplished psychoanalyst, able to pick out dominance complexes at the drop of a hat

A shame you hate me. Other than being a bit upset I might get banned for what I probably shouldn't have posted in the first place, I rather like everyone here.
"It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull."
--H. L. Mencken

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 24, 2015, 02:57:25 AM

It's not even clever. I see now that the kooks do indeed simply come up out the woodwork and make a beeline.

Can I call you Rajah, Roger? The title is fitting and essentially pronounced the same. Some cultures even use the variant, Raja, as a given name.

The Good Reverend Roger, Rajah of Kookmenistan

(I'm getting my drunk on. This is where my brain is atm)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

thewake

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 24, 2015, 04:53:39 AM
It's not even clever.

My cleverness is really hit-and-miss to be honest. One of my design flaws.

QuoteI see now that the kooks do indeed simply come up out the woodwork and make a beeline.

who here isn't a kook? I've been registered on this forum less than a month and haven't found a single poster that didn't fit that description.
--H. L. Mencken

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: thewake on October 24, 2015, 05:00:37 AM
It's not even clever.

QuoteI see now that the kooks do indeed simply come up out the woodwork and make a beeline.

who here isn't a kook? I've been registered on this forum less than a month and haven't found a single poster that didn't fit that description.

Gosh could you post those separately for me please? I would like to answer separately, but have only my phone to work with and formatting with Android's touch interface is truly frustrating. 
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

thewake

It's not even clever.

--H. L. Mencken

thewake

--H. L. Mencken

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: thewake on October 24, 2015, 04:52:07 AM

A shame you hate me.

It was your goal.

Other than being a bit upset I might get banned for what I probably shouldn't have posted in the first place, I rather like everyone here.

You aren't going to get banned for being a useless dick.  However, if you keep pestering me in PM about shit I wrote in 2011 or what medications I am on, or anything other than admin issues, you will be.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 24, 2015, 01:40:22 PM

The Good Reverend Roger, Rajah of Kookmenistan

Have all the peasants' mouths sewn shut.

I shall fetch the minister of SHUT UP and relay your will sire.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: thewake on October 24, 2015, 05:31:42 AM

NO REALLY SHUT UP!!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl