News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Can someone let me know when PD stabilizes?  It's plonked on me 3 times, trying to write the same post.  The rest of my interbutts are functioning normally.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, the first week of the term is, as always, a stressful shitshow. Complicated by the fact that my mind is more often than  not clouded by grief.

But I'm gonna make some GMOs, so at least there's something to look forward to.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 31, 2016, 01:42:46 AM
Can someone let me know when PD stabilizes?  It's plonked on me 3 times, trying to write the same post.  The rest of my interbutts are functioning normally.

Forum should be ok, we're not showing any errors from last night. Its possible that it's a DNS error which would explain some sites working and others not.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

I've not had any problems...except actually connecting to my internet this morning.

East Coast Hustle

I just bought tickets to a Copa America match where I will make good on the once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Lionel Messi destroy the competition live and in person. Good seats, too. It was horribly irresponsible of me in a financial sense but you can't put a price on being able to tell your kid "yeah, you don't remember but you saw him play once" about someone like that.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also, I randomly ran into an old buddy a few days ago. Not ordinarily noteworthy, but the last time I saw this particular friend was in the Bahamas at AUTEC where he worked when I was working on the ship so it was one of those small world coincidences that your mind tells you feels like fate.

And my mind was right, because he's offered to get me in with Dunlap in a few months when the GF and I have a routine down with the baby and she feels comfortable handling things on her own for a month at a time. It'd at least double my income and more importantly I would fucking love the job. Ocean tugs running between the west coast, Alaska, and Hawaii. Unlimited food budget. Great union with great benefits. Small crew. And and extra $20/hr on top of my day rate for any time I have to spend helping to load/unload cargo when we're in port. I'm trying not to be too over the moon about it until I actually have my TWIC card in hand and am headed to the union hall but I'm really fucking stoked.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on March 31, 2016, 04:37:28 PM
Also, I randomly ran into an old buddy a few days ago. Not ordinarily noteworthy, but the last time I saw this particular friend was in the Bahamas at AUTEC where he worked when I was working on the ship so it was one of those small world coincidences that your mind tells you feels like fate.

And my mind was right, because he's offered to get me in with Dunlap in a few months when the GF and I have a routine down with the baby and she feels comfortable handling things on her own for a month at a time. It'd at least double my income and more importantly I would fucking love the job. Ocean tugs running between the west coast, Alaska, and Hawaii. Unlimited food budget. Great union with great benefits. Small crew. And and extra $20/hr on top of my day rate for any time I have to spend helping to load/unload cargo when we're in port. I'm trying not to be too over the moon about it until I actually have my TWIC card in hand and am headed to the union hall but I'm really fucking stoked.

Good on ya!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

Also also, it's finally my weekend after 8 brutal days in a row including the hardest day I've spent in a restaurant since the time I tore my rotator cuff on friday of July 4th weekend and had to work one-armed until sunday. And it's going to be 70 degrees and sunny today and tomorrow. Today, we buy a baby carrier and a stroller and test them out with a walk to the little secret beach down by the end of the Port of Everett property. Tomorrow, if all works well, we take Joey for her first real excursion, probably to Lake Goodwin where I might even get stupid enough to go in the water.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

It's snowing again.  My feet are cold.  This is BULLSHIT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on March 31, 2016, 05:31:34 PM
Also also, it's finally my weekend after 8 brutal days in a row including the hardest day I've spent in a restaurant since the time I tore my rotator cuff on friday of July 4th weekend and had to work one-armed until sunday. And it's going to be 70 degrees and sunny today and tomorrow. Today, we buy a baby carrier and a stroller and test them out with a walk to the little secret beach down by the end of the Port of Everett property. Tomorrow, if all works well, we take Joey for her first real excursion, probably to Lake Goodwin where I might even get stupid enough to go in the water.

Awww. :) Those first outings are so sweet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Does anyone remember, circa '09, if there was a connection between PD and a particular news show host's decision to shave their head?  It's spring cleaning time for my mind (feel free not to dispel my illusions if I may still have use for them).

Cain

Quote from: LuciferX on April 01, 2016, 09:51:32 PM
Does anyone remember, circa '09, if there was a connection between PD and a particular news show host's decision to shave their head?  It's spring cleaning time for my mind (feel free not to dispel my illusions if I may still have use for them).

No, you're thinking of Britney Spears

minuspace

Trivial

Whelp, true to form, been too long with the same manager so they decided I needed a new one.  #7 now.  This time not in the building, so I'm extra easy to get rid of when "resource actions" hit.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.